Quality of posts in DFI is going down with every passing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

black eagle

Country flag
To all the members & the moderators,

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I am initiating this thread. I joined DFI not just because it was an Indian military forum & I am an Indian, but because I found this forum to be different from many other defence forum on the net. The quality of posts & discussions that used to take place on this forum was of the very highest order. There was hardly any name calling, any use of profanity or any personal attacks done by the members. We chose to gladly disagree with one another & yet remained dignified.

But off-late I am witnessing a rather sad development on this forum. The very things that I liked about the members of this forum seems to be vanishing with every passing day. This forum seems to be turning itself into a "troll supermarket". The quality of posts that I am seeing off-late are nowhere near the quality that was there on this forum earlier. I am sorry to say it like this, but it is becoming just like the Pakistani forums that are there on the world wide web. I do not mean to sound hateful towards our Pakistani brethren, they are most welcome to join here & share their views with us & disagree with us.

There are many members who has joined recently who I think knows nothing but to abuse others & they hail from all nations that are represented on this forum & not any particular one. I also see people abusing other's religion & even family members at times.

This tread is just my appeal to all the members & moderators of DFI to lift the standard of debate on this forum & not bring it down. I will never ask the moderators to ban those members or delete their posts as I am myself a staunch supporter of freedom of speech of every individual. But it is my earnest appeal to all my fellow members to post concrete opinion & not just one liners or hateful stuffs.

I am sure good sense will prevail on all our parts & DFI will become the forum that we all want it to be.

Respectfully,

Black Eagle

Oracle

BE dude, not gonna happen. Appeasement happens in here too.

I have stopped reporting posts, because that do not bring in the desired results. People get away with everything, abusing not only posters, but also family members.

Just today someone reported a post and he mailed me the link. Sadly, no action was action. I did reply to that post but in a casual way, since no action was taken.

We have excellent posters who think assassination of Rajiv Gandhi was justified. There are posters who'd bring in the north-south divide in every post. Then there are some who would bring in citizens of other countries, as if they are Indians.

I know who to blame, as I have been a member of staff too, in IPF. But what's the use? You get more abuse, trying to do your job neutrally. Someone called me a Nazi, someone a Tamil hater, and someone a bastard.

Good post btw. Things needs to change from the top.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I think because all the stuff that used to be said on the SB ends up on a thread! I think bringing back SB is a good idea, people will post stuff on a thread only when they really need to say something or learn or know what they are talking about.

black eagle

Country flag
I think because all the stuff that used to be said on the SB ends up on a thread! I think bringing back SB is a good idea, people will post stuff on a thread only when they really need to say something or learn or know what they are talking about.
SB is gone only for a few days GK. I am seeing this trend for quite a long time now....

Oracle

If you look back, you are the one abusing poster's and their family. I do not think, you should post here.

black eagle

Country flag
BE dude, not gonna happen. Appeasement happens in here too.

I have stopped reporting posts, because that do not bring in the desired results. People get away with everything, abusing not only posters, but also family members.

Just today someone reported a post and he mailed me the link. Sadly, no action was action. I did reply to that post but in a casual way, since no action was taken.

We have excellent posters who think assassination of Rajiv Gandhi was justified. There are posters who'd bring in the north-south divide in every post. Then there are some who would bring in citizens of other countries, as if they are Indians.

I know who to blame, as I have been a member of staff too, in IPF. But what's the use? You get more abuse, trying to do your job neutrally. Someone called me a Nazi, someone a Tamil hater, and someone a bastard.

Good post btw. Things needs to change from the top.
I would slightly beg to disagree here with you O. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not against that. What I am opposed to is use of abusive language, personal attacks & profanity. As I have said you can disagree & have the extreme most opinion. But put across that opinion in a respectful manner...

Reactions: KS

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
SB is gone only for a few days GK. I am seeing this trend for quite a long time now....
Probably your just giving to much credit to the intelligence of the masses. You must be happy they say anything at all on a topic like Arjun MBT or S-400 SAMs, if we are all meant to post only the most profound and intelligent stuff on every topic then we would probably be Defence Professionals working for Thales or DRDO, most people who come here are collage students or the politically frustrated and they have never even seen most of the stuff they talk about here, i dont except anything from them and i just listen to their gibberish as they post it as the most matter of fact thing ever said on the issue. I have been Lurking on defense sites since atleast 1997 and i dont expect quality all the time because there is none.

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
I do agree the mods need to come down a bit hard. I know that taking such decisions can be tough but certain gentlepeople need to be sent to the cooler for a couple of days.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I M new so can i know whats a SHOUT BOX ?

Oracle

Probably your just giving to much credit to the intelligence of the masses. You must be happy they say anything at all on a topic like Arjun MBT or S-400 SAMs, if we are all meant to post only the most profound and intelligent stuff on every topic then we would probably be Defence Professionals working for Thales or DRDO, most people who come here are collage students and they have never even seen most of the stuff they talk about, i dont except anything from them and i just listen to their gibberish as the most matter of fact thing, i have been Lurking on defense sites since atleast 1997 and i dont expect quality all the time because there is none.
You need to stop putting the blame on college students, when you yourself are not that literate. And also stop the victim complex.

SPIEZ

Country flag
That would have been good :( gosh its hard gettin replies anyways

black eagle

Country flag
I M new so can i know whats a SHOUT BOX ?
Do you now see a box like area on top of the forum where post notifications are shown??? That is the shoutbox. Earlier a member could post whatever he/she likes on that box. But that has now been disabled. Only post notifications are shown now...

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Delete any abusive or inflammatory post, and that includes inflammatory posts made by me, or by anyone else, no matter how senior that member is. And hand out a short "brig" of a couple of hours to someone who keeps doing it.

Oh of course, even I have been guilty of using abusive language on this forum in a couple of threads. IMHO, I (and the person I was sparring with) should have had our posts deleted at the very start, and infractions issued very soon. Deletion of posts should start the moment even "mild" words such as Fool, Moron, etc. are used against other members.

Country flag
Make some specific suggestions or a thread for changes to improve the forum.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Would love to know how this site is run ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles