Putin's new private residence on Black Sea shore.

bhramos

Country flag
Just a small dacha for $1.000.000.000. Does it make the most expensive house ever?

S.A.T.A

Are you sure this is not one those lavish palace of some old dead Czar,or is Putin the new Czar.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Just a small dacha for $1.000.000.000. Does it make the most expensive house ever?

HOLY CANOLY!! That's some house!! WOWWW!

BTW its not the most expensive. Mukesh Ambani's Antillia House is the most expensive at $ 2.2 billion final cost.

bhramos

Country flag
HOLY CANOLY!! That's some house!! WOWWW!

BTW its not the most expensive. Mukesh Ambani's Antillia House is the most expensive at $ 2.2 billion final cost.
Ambani's house is most expensive in the world,
but this house is or may be Most Expensive in Russia!!!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Very few reasons not to be fan of this KGB baddie! Rules like he owns it all, walks like he doesn't care a thing & screws them big time who have problem with it.

Ambani's house is most expensive in the world,
but this house is or may be Most Expensive in Russia!!!
If we are talking about country mansion, I guess this one is at par with that of one gifted by Lakshmi Mittal to his Son & the one of some European I don't remember now....

Last edited:

BangersAndMash

How the rich & powerful live!!!

How many bedrooms & bathrooms does this Palace have?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Czardom never died.

Stalin, the supposed "communist", lived more lavishly than Putin could ever fathom.
You are right.

"Che reacted with hostility to what he saw in the Soviet Union. On one visit, invited to dinner in the apartment of a government official, he ate his meal on the finest imported French porcelain. During the dinner he turned to his host and sarcastically quipped: "So the proletariat (lower class/workers etc) here eats off French porcelain, eh?" (Symbol of Struggle, p52)

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
You are right.

"Che reacted with hostility to what he saw in the Soviet Union. On one visit, invited to dinner in the apartment of a government official, he ate his meal on the finest imported French porcelain. During the dinner he turned to his host and sarcastically quipped: "So the proletariat (lower class/workers etc) here eats off French porcelain, eh?" (Symbol of Struggle, p52)
That reminds me of the first Soviet visit to Cuba in 1960. I believe it was Anastas Mikoyan who was sent there to foster Soviet-Cuban relations. Mikoyan and his aides arrived in Cuba dressed in the finest Western suits, and brought plenty of vodka, caviar, and premium cigarettes.

Fidel Castro initially reacted happily to all the pleasantries and show of luxury, but at the end of the exchange he asked the Soviets "How old is your Revolution?". The Soviets reminded Castro of the year 1917. Castro then responded, "So in 40 years, we too will be capitalists?"

Last edited:

amoy

There's a Chinese saying, word for word "if the water is too clean, fish can't survive", or to the effect "Fish would starve to death in PURE water". I believe u understand this metaphor.

Didn't we think of "saints" or "proletariat" or "revoluntionaries" as puritans? Or were we a bit disappointed when knowing George Washington was a slave owner? Or Deng Xiaoping had a "dedicated supply" of "tailor-made" premium cigerettes or liquor (white wine) when most Chinese barely fed themselves? Or did Hitler or Chiang Kai-shek deserve more respect since they led a rigid and simple life?

Now what is orthodox Cuba like today? When Che or Castro raised their eyebrows for the "pleasantries" or "luxuries" did they foresee their "ideology" would finally lose popularity among "Proletariats"?

The Last Stand

Country flag
Let the poor KGB boy live in luxury will you? That man was a KGB colonel in East Germany and was head of FSB (KGB with new name) for several years - he is badass isn't he :troll:

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I wonder if Putin will hold Bonga-Bonga with his buddy Berlusconi on this palatial mansion?

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Czardom never died.

Stalin, the supposed "communist", lived more lavishly than Putin could ever fathom.

Really? Stalin certainly ordered the killing of more people but he did not have a house constructed for him amounting to $1B (in today's money)...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles