Putin's long-term vision is to build a rival EU

jouni

Rome was not built in one day, or was it?

Buffer states are important so that contending powers are kept far and they do not clash to make the world an unsafe for all.

Buffer is a nation/ people/ thing that reduces a shock or that forms a barrier between incompatible or antagonistic nation' people or things.
As a citizen of a "buffer zone nation" all I can do is to wish good luck for the future of "Eurasian union" combined gdp of EU and US is 32 trillion, China is 11 trillion and Russia 2.3 trillion. There is a lot of union building ahead for Russia in order to become competitive in Global scale.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As a citizen of a "buffer zone nation" all I can do is to wish good luck for the future of "Eurasian union" combined gdp of EU and US is 32 trillion, China is 11 trillion and Russia 2.3 trillion. There is a lot of union building ahead for Russia in order to become competitive in Global scale.
I understand your trepidations.

The Russian have never been favourable to the formulation of Finland's history.

Asian outlook is different. Our trepidations are colonial signatures that electrifies the international atmosphere with a twist.

No occupation, but a whole lot of desire to make all kowtow.

HMS Astute

Let me fix these facts for you.

EU = $17.656 trillion
US = $17.295 trillion
Japan = $4.901 trillion
Canada = 1.825 trillion
Australia = $1.560 trillion

So, in the Economic warfare

NATO (+allies) = $43.183 trillion

VS

Russia = $2.096 trillion

And according to the July 2014 IMF World Economic Outlook Update these are the big countries by projected GDP growth in 2014 (BRICS in Italics)

1. China: 7.4%
2. India: 5.4%

3. United Kingdom: 3.6%
4. Canada: 2.2%
5. Germany: 1.9%
6. United States of America: 1.7%
6. South Africa: 1.7%
8. Japan: 1.6%
9. Brazil: 1.3%
10. Spain: 1.2%
11. France: 0.7%
12. Italy: 0.3%
13. Russian Federation: 0.2%

2015:
1. China: 7.1%
2. India: 6.4%

3. United States of America: 3.0%
4. United Kingdom: 2.7%
4. South Africa: 2.7%
6. Canada: 2.4%
7. Brazil: 2.0%
8. Germany: 1.7%
9. Spain: 1.6%
10. France: 1.4%
11. Italy: 1.1%
12. Japan: 1.1%
13. Russian Federation: 0.8%

Last edited:

pmaitra

Let me fix these facts for you.

EU = $17.656 trillion
US = $17.295 trillion
Japan = $4.901 trillion
Canada = 1.825 trillion
Australia = $1.560 trillion

So, in the Economic warfare

NATO (+allies) Total = $43.183 trillion

VS

Russia = $2.096 trillion
Both of you are stuck up with GDP, as if that is the end of the world when it comes to national prosperity. This tells me how successful western media has been in brainwashing its people.

It is rather interesting to note that @juoni, whom I had asked several questions, chose to avoid answering them.

All I can say is, good luck to all the EU people, as they hang on their GDP, while their nations get deeper into debt, and ultimately, into delinquency.

HMS Astute

Both of you are stuck up with GDP, as if that is the end of the world when it comes to national prosperity. This tells me how successful western media has been in brainwashing its people.
and you have chosen to live in the western world despite the fact that you have been repeatedly and irritatingly keep saying how awful and terrible it is. i hope you were not brainwashed to immigrate to the west before you flocked. feel free to gtfo and settle down in a cold, isolated, (racist free?) russia where you will be working your @ss off to earn a peanut amount of money.

All I can say is, good luck to all the EU people, as they hang on their GDP, while their nations get deeper into debt, and ultimately, into delinquency.
you seriously don't want to start a d!ck measuring contest with the west especially when it comes to debt, gdp, living standard, wealth, infrastructure, healthcare, education, defence, cutting edge technology, popularity, human development, life expectancy, homicide rate, foreign direct investment, ease of doing business, attractiveness index, corruption index and shit!

jouni

It is rather interesting to note that @juoni, whom I had asked several questions, chose to avoid answering them.

Hi, the only question I saw from you was about "kavkaz center" and according to finnish law there is nothing illegal about it. We have lsws about freedom of speech , freedom of press and "agitating against a group or an individual" and also strong sentences against violation of them.

pmaitra

Hi, the only question I saw from you was about "kavkaz center" and according to finnish law there is nothing illegal about it. We have lsws about freedom of speech , freedom of press and "agitating against a group or an individual" and also strong sentences against violation of them.
First of all, it was not me, but another member that pointed our Finland's support for a terrorist organization. Was it @Razor, or @Samar Rathi? I don't remember.

Here is my point: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/europe-russia/61895-civil-war-ukraine-134.html#post929144

I would like to know why GDP is at all important, when so many facts exist about GDP not being an indicator of prosperity.

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

First of all, it was not me, but another member that pointed our Finland's support for a terrorist organization. Was it @Razor, or @Samar Rathi? I don't remember.

Here is my point: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/europe-russia/61895-civil-war-ukraine-134.html#post929144

I would like to know why GDP is at all important, when so many facts exist about GDP not being an indicator of prosperity.
Sorry, my mistake. GDP , especially with purchase power parity is indicator of how much money people has to spend. Of course it is not a measure of happiness or anything. I myself for example have salary of 4100 euro per month, I have free healthcare, free education, I have one house, one rented flat, three cars, I make 3 to 5 holiday trips abroad a year and I am single.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Sorry, my mistake. GDP , especially with purchase power parity is indicator of how much money people has to spend.
Thank you, and I agree. Purchasing Power Parity is very important.

Of course it is not a measure of happiness or anything. I myself for example have salary of 4100 euro per month, I have free healthcare, free education, I have one house, one rented flat, three cars, I make 3 to 5 holiday trips abroad a year and I am single.
Once again, that exactly is my point. Your situation is very good. Not quite for the US. Millions of Americans go without basic healthcare. Millions of Americans do not own a house. Education, beyond the public pre-baccalaureate schools, gets many students into debt, and when they graduate, they spend several years paying that debt off. All these debt payments contribute to a the GDP, and to the misery of the payers. Come to talk about public pre-baccalaureate schools, they are disappointing at best.

So, GDP alone proves nothing.

jouni

Thank you, and I agree. Purchasing Power Parity is very important.
Yes

Once again, that exactly is my point. Your situation is very good. Not quite for the US. Millions of Americans go without basic healthcare. Millions of Americans do not own a house. Education, beyond the public pre-baccalaureate schools, gets many students into debt, and when they graduate, they spend several years paying that debt off. All these debt payments contribute to a the GDP, and to the misery of the payers. Come to talk about public pre-baccalaureate schools, they are disappointing at best.

So, GDP alone proves nothing.
Yes Finland is doing ok. And all this in EU, with culture influenced with christian values, german protestant values, guaranteed peace for the past 70 years, free press, muslims, jews and christians serving together in finnish army, good relations with all neighbours...still EU is seen bad by someones

pmaitra

Yes Finland is doing ok. And all this in EU, with culture influenced with christian values, german protestant values, guaranteed peace for the past 70 years, free press, muslims, jews and christians serving together in finnish army, good relations with all neighbours...still EU is seen bad by someones
We have a thread on the Eurozone Crisis.

The problem with EU is that its economy is purely debt based.

The UK, for example, participated in invasions because it wanted more resources (Iraq's oil, Libya's gold), so that the Bank of England can continue to print more money with those resources as collateral.

Why did it need to do that? Simple. It is neck deep in debt. It needs to pay off the financiers, and for that it has to boost its GDP, which requires increased money supply and money velocity. Now, simply printing paper currency will cause recession, unless it is backed by resources. So, we come back to the invasions I talked about. Those invasions had nothing to do with "democracy" or "humanitarianism." Of course, this explains why all these officials and politicians, from western countries with high per capita GDP, make a beeline for India, which has a very low per capita GDP. If I am not clear here, the western leaders and officials are begging India to buy their weapons, so that their citizens don't lose their jobs, and can continue to earn money, and contribute to their GDP.

Once again, the point is, GDP alone indicates nothing. The Debt-to-GDP ratio is very important. Delinquency is inevitable. It can only be postponed by invading other countries and appropriating their resources, but it cannot be made to disappear.

In case of Ukraine, the entire EU association agreement was about acquiring Ukraine's mineral rich Donbass region, their industries, and their pipelines. It had nothing to do with helping the Ukrainians. If you recall, the IMF warned the Kiev regime, that their loan will be restructured, if they lose control of the Donbass region. This is the reason why Kiev wants to control Donbass at any cost, even if it means killing civilians in hundreds.

p2prada

All SCO countries have the potential of creating an economic union. It may not have to be as integrated as Europe is, but it doesn't have to be as scattered as it is today.

The Russian customs union will require to be competitive with India and China if it is to succeed. So, the Russians creating a union from former Soviet states in the CAR is a pretty good idea and will make it more competitive making the SCO more relevant.

There were reports that China will relent to India joining the SCO. India joining the SCO would bring in some level of trust factor with the West to demonstrate that the SCO isn't aimed at countering NATO. NATO has become quite irrelevant anyway. The US is the only heavy hitter in it.

The EAU is similar to what the EEC was in 1958. Right now, it may be only Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus, but Armenia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan are possible members. Their overall GDP today is around $2.5 Trillion.

This union combined with the the other members of SCO will make a bigger entity than the EU. The combined GDP of all the member states and observer states in the SCO is around $15 Trillion today, equivalent to the EU.

Last edited:

jouni

We have a thread on the Eurozone Crisis.

The problem with EU is that its economy is purely debt based.

The UK, for example, participated in invasions because it wanted more resources (Iraq's oil, Libya's gold), so that the Bank of England can continue to print more money with those resources as collateral.

Why did it need to do that? Simple. It is neck deep in debt. It needs to pay off the financiers, and for that it has to boost its GDP, which requires increased money supply and money velocity. Now, simply printing paper currency will cause recession, unless it is backed by resources. So, we come back to the invasions I talked about. Those invasions had nothing to do with "democracy" or "humanitarianism." Of course, this explains why all these officials and politicians, from western countries with high per capita GDP, make a beeline for India, which has a very low per capita GDP. If I am not clear here, the western leaders and officials are begging India to buy their weapons, so that their citizens don't lose their jobs, and can continue to earn money, and contribute to their GDP.

Once again, the point is, GDP alone indicates nothing. The Debt-to-GDP ratio is very important. Delinquency is inevitable. It can only be postponed by invading other countries and appropriating their resources, but it cannot be made to disappear.

In case of Ukraine, the entire EU association agreement was about acquiring Ukraine's mineral rich Donbass region, their industries, and their pipelines. It had nothing to do with helping the Ukrainians. If you recall, the IMF warned the Kiev regime, that their loan will be restructured, if they lose control of the Donbass region. This is the reason why Kiev wants to control Donbass at any cost, even if it means killing civilians in hundreds.
You missed my point totally.

pmaitra

You missed my point totally.
Perhaps I did. Perhaps I saw your point (about free press, Christian values, German protestant values, etc.) and concluded they do not contribute to the discussion about why GDP is (not) the sole indicator of national prosperity, and therefore, avoided going off on a tangent. Interpret it whichever you want.

You did not miss my point, that GDP is not the sole indicator of national prosperity.

jouni

Weird. Your signature is not visible to me. Can you see it?
Perhaps I did. Perhaps I saw your point (about free press, Christian values, German protestant values, etc.) and concluded they do not contribute to the discussion about why GDP is (not) the sole indicator of national prosperity, and therefore, avoided going off on a tangent. Interpret it whichever you want.

You did not miss my point, that GDP is not the sole indicator of national prosperity.
Just asking: you live in the U.S, do you feel to be "american- indian" or "indian-american"? Hope these questions dpnt offend you;)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Jouni,

Yeah I understand "freedom of speech", but this Kavkaz center is associated with some factions of the Chechen terrorists.
Earlier you said that Finland and Russia have now become friends and I was just pointing out (in those posts in the other thread) that hosting the media wing of terrorists who have done Beslan is not what friends do.

Anyway, lets leave that, as it is OT and agree to disagree.

jouni

Jouni,

Yeah I understand "freedom of speech", but this Kavkaz center is associated with some factions of the Chechen terrorists.
Earlier you said that Finland and Russia have now become friends and I was just pointing out (in those posts in the other thread) that hosting the media wing of terrorists who have done Beslan is not what friends do.

Anyway, lets leave that, as it is OT and agree to disagree.
You know that true friends can also disagree on certain issues;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles