Putin`s Stolen Billions:How he steals taxpayer`s money

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am no fan of Putin or Obama.

But what the prestigious US magazine FOREIGN POLICY states is worth knowing

Propaganda Ban Repealed As Government Made News Floods U.S.

For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government's mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2, that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts. So what just happened?
U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News to Americans
Indepth study from all sides of the view helps overcome TUNNEL VISION!

Last edited:

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
This allegation sounds like Western propaganda against Putin.

Notice that none of it is substantiated by proof. Its all allegations.
80 billion is a huge number.

Putin is an ex KGB guy. If he was really that corrupt an individual he would never have joined the KGB.
Putin is a smart strong leader and this sounds like Bull.

apple

Putin is an ex KGB guy. If he was really that corrupt an individual he would never have joined the KGB.
Can understand why you'd consider the allegation propaganda, doesn't make it not true though.

Doubt there is much proof to be substantiaited. By which I mean, I doubt the current balance of Putin's Swiss bank account is 80(or whatever) billion dollars.

There as saying: power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Have never liked that saying and although it more appropriate to a swords- and- sorcery novel than real life. But being a low level operative in the KGB wouldn't have offered the same opportunities for Putin to graft as his current position.

Not sure if he's smart, every statement he makes weakens Russians international position and he's certainly not a leader.

To me, he's a reactionary mouthpiece for a Russian PR company. All he seems to do is criticise every other country, but has no vision or anything constructive to say. He seems to have no concern for Russia's international position and his comments seemed solely aimed to appeal to a, seemingly large, section of the domestic audience.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am no fan of Putin or Obama.

But what the prestigious US magazine FOREIGN POLICY states is worth knowing

Indepth study from all sides of the view helps overcome TUNNEL VISION!
Bad link. I'll look for another.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Bad link. I'll look for another.
Well the link worked the second time. Of course I couldn't edit my post.

I'll just add that Americans always had access to VoA, particularly SWL, the fact that it wasn't "broadcast quality" is trivial.

The "tunnel vision" quip seems unjustified.

W.G.Ewald

Professional

You're falling in line quite well with the DFI party line I must say.

In another thread I suggested reading The Gulag Archipelago and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn. If you think Putin is not a product of that Russia, I would say you would be mistaken.

Compersion

Country flag
Putin needs to have help and support from intellectuals and patriots. Does he have that and does he have the resources of people.

He does not need money and also he is smart and has experience.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well the link worked the second time. Of course I couldn't edit my post.

I'll just add that Americans always had access to VoA, particularly SWL, the fact that it wasn't "broadcast quality" is trivial.

The "tunnel vision" quip seems unjustified.
Check USAID, some stuff for Democracy etc.

Ford Foundation has really covered itself with glory. In fact, there was a Congressional Inquiry.

Tunnel vision is meant to indicate where one does not look at al sources and views and comes to the conclusion based on one sources or sources pandering to the same view.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

In another thread I suggested reading The Gulag Archipelago and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn. If you think Putin is not a product of that Russia, I would say you would be mistaken.
A rather unjustified a statement.

Putin is a product of Russia, just as much Col North, Bush jr, Al Capone are products of the USA. Each, I take it, served with some purpose suited to their needs.

Can you with your hand on your heart say that the US does not undertake disinformation, psyops or propaganda in pursuit of her goals?

I am sure all nations do so, depending on its resources.

Some have more resources and some have less.

I am sure US has not gone that poor that she has abandoned her strategic goals and cannot spurs it with propaganda, psyops and disinformation or topple regimes without their (the regimes toppled) leave.

Am I to understand Saddam Hussein invited Bush to topple him and then get him executed?

I am sure you followed the thread where there was the discussion about US and the Pope assisting the Solidarity of Poland to work their way to topple the Polish Govt of that time.

I am afraid there is NOTHING called the DFI line.

Your imagination is now running wild and you are being obtuse.

I heard of the idiom - Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned.

You seem to be giving it a new meaning now that I feel that you have been seized with paranoia inspite of my telling you that there is no reason for you to feel so, so long as you post in an urbane way , irrespective of the views that you may like to give in your post.

Please do bear with me.

Last edited:

Jagdish58

If he steals from Russian tax payers what is problem for USA nincompoops , US Terrorist should first look into their own backyard CIA is into Contract killing in AF-PAK , Somalia , Yemen , Mexico border etc from where you fund all this ??? Isin't that tax payers money

You harboured terrorist in Afghan in 80's and funded them from where you got that money?? wasn't that tax payers money

Same on USA in name of democracy you are killing innocents

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
This might be propaganda so be on high alert. Anyway I felt it needed to be posted in this thread.

http://www.newsweek.com/putin-beat-...-facelift-explosive-documentary-claims-308278

A sensational German television documentary claims that the Russian President Vladimir Putin regularly used violence against his former wife, Lyudmila, among a series of other extraordinary and bizarre claims.

The documentary, Putin the Man, aired earlier this week on ZDF television. The show's makers apparently obtained access to previously unseen files by an unidentified Western intelligence agency, which provided details of Putin's time as a KGB officer stationed in Dresden in the 1980s. A secretary inside the Dresden KGB office, with the codename "Lehnchen" who was a friend of Putin's ex-wife, reportedly told superiors that he regularly beat Lyudmila, whom he divorced in 2013.

Putin is also portrayed in the programme as a man consumed by vanity. The show alleges that the 62-year-old likes to eat cottage cheese for breakfast in order to stay trim, and has secretly undergone a facelift operation. This is in stark contrast to his time spent in east Germany, when Putin was overweight and a heavy drinker. "He was depressed, fat, lazy and disillusioned," Masha Gessen, an author and activist, told the documentary.

According to the documentary, the Russian president is terrified by his own mortality. That may not be surprising, considering that the show also reveals he has been the target of no less than five assassination plots. He is completely power-obsessed, the show says, and enjoys making people wait for him, once keeping Queen Elizabeth II waiting for half an hour.

Some of the allegations are already quite well known. Ben Judah, who has written extensively about the Russian president for Newsweek, was contacted for the programme. In a Newsweek feature based on a large number of interviews with insiders, Judah explained that Putin likes to rise late and does most of his work in the afternoon, is a fitness fanatic and keeps busy even on the weekend, sometimes has study sessions in the afternoon, mostly in English, while his teacher helps him learn difficult words by singing songs with him. He is thought to pray or make a confession on occasional Sundays.

According to Judah, Putin commands such fascination, both in Europe and abroad, because of the current crisis in eastern Ukraine. "He has gone to war and is attacking people, what could be more important?" But Judah thinks that as well as being a figure who commands fear, the West also likes to mock him. "He comforts the West as a figure of ridicule," he says.

But according to Masha Gessen, Putin is a "threat to the world as we know it. In fact, he has already ended it by starting the war in Ukraine". There is nothing that can be used strategically to topple him, Gessen claims, because "he believes he has a mission. His only weakness is losing power and he will do anything to retain it."

Putin was estimated to be worth $200bn by his fierce critic, Bill Browder, in a CNN interview that aired today. If the estimation is correct, it would make Putin the richest man in the world, and possibly the richest man in history.
:shocked:

alphacentury

Country flag
A sensational German television documentary claims that the Russian President Vladimir Putin regularly used violence against his former wife, Lyudmila, among a series of other extraordinary and bizarre claims.

The documentary, Putin the Man, aired earlier this week on ZDF television. The show's makers apparently obtained access to previously unseen files by an unidentified Western intelligence agencyok, which provided details of Putin's time as a KGB officer stationed in Dresden in the 1980s. A secretary inside the Dresden KGB office, with the codename "Lehnchen" who was a friend of Putin's ex-wife:hmm:ok, reportedly told superiors that he regularly(come sunday, monday,tuesday . . .I bet he had beating sessions . What an ass**:tsk:) beat Lyudmila, whom he divorced in 2013.

Putin is also portrayed in the programme as a man consumed by vanity. The show alleges that the 62-year-old likes to eat cottage cheesealso vodka and a bunch of peaceful nazis for breakfast in order to stay trim, and has secretly undergone a facelift operation. This is in stark contrast to his time spent in east Germany, when Putin was overweight and a heavy drinkerof course. "He was depressed, fat, lazy and disillusioned," Masha Gessen, an author and activist:dude:no surprise here, told the documentary.

According to the documentary, the Russian president is terrified by his own mortality:okay:. That may not be surprising, considering that the show also reveals he has been the target of no less than five assassination plots. He is completely power-obsessed, the show says, and enjoys making people wait for him, once keeping Queen Elizabeth II waiting for half an hour.

Some of the allegations are already quite well known. Ben Judah, who has written extensively about the Russian president for Newsweek, was contacted for the programme. In a Newsweek feature based on a large number of interviews with insiders, Judah explained that Putin likes to rise late and does most of his work in the afternoon, is a fitness fanatic and keeps busy even on the weekend, sometimes has study sessions in the afternoon, mostly in English, while his teacher helps him learn difficult words by singing songs with him. He is thought to pray or make a confessionFor his sins ,I dont think any of this will work ,he will rot in hell:mad: on occasional Sundays.

According to Judah, Putin commands such fascination, both in Europe and abroad, because of the current crisis in eastern Ukraine. "He has gone to war and is attacking people, what could be more important?" But Judah thinks that as well as being a figure who commands fear, the West also likes to mock him. "He comforts the West as a figure of ridicule," he says.

But according to Masha Gessen, Putin is a "threat to the world as we know itIf she could ,she would tear his limbs apart with bare hands. In fact, he has already ended it by starting the war in Ukraine". There is nothing that can be used strategically to topple him, Gessen claims, because "he believes he has a mission. His only weakness is losing power and he will do anything to retain it."

Putin was estimated to be worth $200bn:notbad::fyeah: by his fierce critic, Bill Browder, in a CNN interview that aired today. If the estimation is correct, it would make Putin the richest man in the world, and possibly the richest man in history.
I hope the west wont be silence on this:tsk: and will sent more naked feminists to Russia.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I hope the west wont be silence on this:tsk: and will sent more naked feminists to Russia.
I am not a Putin admirer but even I think this was western propaganda. Anyway liked the part where Putin made the Queen wait for 30 mins.

sgarg

Throwing dirt on leaders which do not cooperate with West (or fall in line) is a very old tradition.

Everybody expects that West will do this to Putin. So there is no surprise, only yawns.

West has hundreds of thousands of intelligence agents posted in all four corners of the world. However none of this dirt is proven by evidence. Which is quite surprising. So the primary objective of the dirt - to influence Russian public opinion - remains unachieved.

I am sure Putin is no saint. There may be some truth to some of the allegations for sure. However the story being woven is hogwash. Putin is no worse than Obama or Merkel.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Throwing dirt on leaders which do not cooperate with West (or fall in line) is a very old tradition.

Everybody expects that West will do this to Putin. So there is no surprise, only yawns.

West has hundreds of thousands of intelligence agents posted in all four corners of the world. However none of this dirt is no far proven by evidence. Which is quite surprising. So the primary objective of the dirt - to influence Russian public opinion - remains unachieved.

I am sure Putin is no saint. There may be some truth to some of the allegations for sure. However the story being woven is hogwash. Putin is no worse than Obama or Merkel.
Exactly leaders and politicians all around the world have only one objective-to exploit the common man.

sgarg

Exactly leaders and politicians all around the world have only one objective-to exploit the common man.
No. It is not true. However remember that many people around the leader want to take advantage. Everybody has just 24 hours in the day. The leader can only accomplish so much.

Keeping power is complex. It Putin is keeping power, it means he is keeping many constituents happy. The power is inevitably linked to money. Same in Western countries, no difference.

apple

Putin is no worse than Obama or Merkel.
Obama never invaded Canada and annexed parts of it, just as Merkel didn't do the same to Poland.

Neither have skimmed millions/ billions of the economies of their country and allowed their friend's to do the same.

Don't turn this thread too into another Putin circle jerk.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Putin is a Hero. Period.

sgarg

Obama never invaded Canada and annexed parts of it, just as Merkel didn't do the same to Poland.

Neither have skimmed millions/ billions of the economies of their country and allowed their friend's to do the same.

Don't turn this thread too into another Putin circle jerk.
How do you what Putin did. Do you have any proof?

How many wars Obama launched?? Do I need to write?

Merkel's Germany is one of the main actors behind the mess in Ukraine. How is she blameless. Just because you say so. Vow.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles