Putin: I support the struggle of Israel

Sea Eagle

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday met with a delegation of rabbis, led by Sephardic Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef, former Chief Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau, Chief Rabbi of Russia Berel Lazar, and rabbis of the Rabbinical Center of Europe (RCE).
"I follow closely what's going on in Israel," said Putin during the long meeting, which was held in Moscow.
"I support the struggle of Israel as it attempts to protect its citizens. I also heard about the shocking murder of the three youths. It is an act that cannot be allowed, and I ask you to transmit my condolences to the families," added the Russian president, in referring to the abduction and murder of three teens in June by Hamas terrorists.
Rabbi Yosef began by saying "according to the Jewish tradition, your leadership is decided by the kingdom of G-d, King of the world, and therefore we bless you: Blessed is the One who gave of His glory to flesh and blood."
The rabbi discussed the ongoing rocket barrageon Israel by terrorists in Gaza, a relentless assault that led to IDF Operation Protective Edge being launched this Monday.
"This morning I left the state of Israel, the state of the Jewish people. Several hours before I took off for here, a rocket fellright near my home in the capital of the Jewish people - Jerusalem," remarked the rabbi.
Rabbi Yosef added "I don't need to note the panic that fell on my children and grandchildren, who were forced to enter shelters despite having done nothing wrong. It is difficult to describe the psychological damage caused to them. All for the 'sin' of their being born to the Jewish people."
"Despite the difficult situation, I left everything and came here, to ask that you, mister president, act to fight against terror conducted in the name of religion," requested Rabbi Yosef.
"There cannot be a situation where people manipulate religion to slaughter innocents. ...I ask you in the name of the people of Israel: please, bring an end to the violence," added the rabbi.

Putin responded to Rabbi Yosef, asking him to tell Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu that he is a true friend of Israel and of Netanyahu. Netanyahu called Putinon Thursday, and in their conversation, Putin called for an end to the conflict in Gaza.
Rabbi Lau, former Ashkenazic Chief Rabbi and current Chief Rabbi of Tel Aviv, spoke in the meeting about his remarkable personal story as a survivor of the Holocaust who later became the chief rabbi of Israel.
In this context, Putin consulted with the rabbis on means of dealing with anti-Semitism, Holocaust deniers and preventing historical revisionism.
Putin noted that the meeting marks 73 years since the massacre of thousands of Jews in Sevastopol in 1942, remarking on the bravery of the Jews who fought against the genocidal Nazi war machine.
"I remember visiting in the Yad Vashem Museum in Israel, which doesn't allow anyone to remain apathetic, and describes the horrifying atrocities that occurred in those days," said Putin.
The president added "here too in Moscow the Jewish community established a Jewish museum that gives a bitter picture of those awful years, and at the same time gives hope to the Jewish people and the Jewish community throughout Russia."

Putin: 'I support the struggle of Israel' - Global Agenda - News - Arutz Sheva

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
me too support israel against jihadis. If israel do it then its war and bad but when they do jihad then its question of purity.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This is interesting. The way Russians mix their signals is something they have in common with China.
But I never saw Russia supporting Israel so openly before. Wonder what might be happening in the background to have caused this.

Neo

This is interesting. The way Russians mix their signals is something they have in common with China.
But I never saw Russia supporting Israel so openly before. Wonder what might be happening in the background to have caused this.
Syria is Russia's Israel, as long as Israel doesn't attack Syria the Russians will follow the diplomatic course and support Israel against militancy.

Russia is restoring her soft image after the Crimea affair and this should be seen as such a move.

Blackwater

Syria is Russia's Israel, as long as Israel doesn't attack Syria the Russians will follow the diplomatic course and support Israel against militancy.

Russia is restoring her soft image after the Crimea affair and this should be seen as such a move.
As protest pak should reject military support like mi17 and mi 35 from Russia to show solidarity with palestines

LastProphet

Haha blackwater, intresting point now lets see what is the action of global custodian of Islam ( please read " thekedaar " in place of custodian ).

Neo

As protest pak should reject military support like mi17 and mi 35 from Russia to show solidarity with palestines
"Chhupkali ki daaru" can affect one's brains I believe.

On a serious note, Pakistan should encourage Russia to engage with Israel and build some political weight within the opposition. Israel has been acting like a spoilt child with a rich daddy for decades and someone should spank it once a while.

thethinker

Country flag
This should make a good impression about Arab/Muslim immigrants back in West. Hopefully, the Westerners will receive all such future fine young immigrants with open arms from now on and help them ässimilate"in the guest countries.:namaste:

Clashes in Paris as thousands march against Israel offensive

Paris (AFP) - Clashes erupted in Paris on Sunday as thousands of people protested against Israel and in support of residents in the Gaza Strip, where a six-day conflict has left 166 Palestinians dead.

Several thousand demonstrators walked calmly through the streets of Paris behind a large banner that read "Total Support for the Struggle of the Palestinian People".

But clashes erupted at the end of the march on Bastille Square, with people throwing projectiles onto a cordon of police who responded with tear gas. The unrest was continuing early Sunday evening.

In the northern city of Lille, meanwhile, between 2,300 and 6,000 people protested peacefully, according to differing figures provided by the police and organisers.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
This should make a good impression about Arab/Muslim immigrants back in West. Hopefully, the Westerners will receive all such future fine young immigrants with open arms from now on and help them ässimilate"in the guest countries.:namaste:

Clashes in Paris as thousands march against Israel offensive

Paris (AFP) - Clashes erupted in Paris on Sunday as thousands of people protested against Israel and in support of residents in the Gaza Strip, where a six-day conflict has left 166 Palestinians dead.

Several thousand demonstrators walked calmly through the streets of Paris behind a large banner that read "Total Support for the Struggle of the Palestinian People".

But clashes erupted at the end of the march on Bastille Square, with people throwing projectiles onto a cordon of police who responded with tear gas. The unrest was continuing early Sunday evening.

In the northern city of Lille, meanwhile, between 2,300 and 6,000 people protested peacefully, according to differing figures provided by the police and organisers.
Ah... The peaceful protest from the peaceful people (synagogue attack doesn't count).
I bet most of these peaceful protesters are from the Maghreb and the ME. Good luck France (the percentage is still below 10%.)

Source: Pro-Palestinian march turns violent in Paris, synagogue attacked
http://rt.com/news/172492-france-march-pro-palestinian/

thethinker

Country flag
Ah... The peaceful protest from the peaceful people (synagogue attack doesn't count).
I bet most of these peaceful protesters are from the Maghreb and the ME. Good luck France (the percentage is still below 10%.)

Source: Pro-Palestinian march turns violent in Paris, synagogue attacked
http://rt.com/news/172492-france-march-pro-palestinian/
Quite interesting chaps, aren't they?

Why is it that these people flock to West when you have the Saudi nations to go to? The fun part is that they live in West, try to establish caliphates and religious supremacy over there, cause vandalism about anything that catches their fancy and yet claim that they are being discriminated because of Islamophobia!

Where is the logic in that?

Or maybe this is jihad by immigration and changing demographics? Hmm...

Blackwater

"Chhupkali ki daaru" can affect one's brains I believe.

On a serious note, Pakistan should encourage Russia to engage with Israel and build some political weight within the opposition. Israel has been acting like a spoilt child with a rich daddy for decades and someone should spank it once a while.
its better amoeba eaten pak brain.

on serious note as russia will listen to pak

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Quite interesting chaps, aren't they?

Why is it that these people flock to West when you have the Saudi nations to go to? The fun part is that they live in West, try to establish caliphates and religious supremacy over there, cause vandalism about anything that catches their fancy and yet claim that they are being discriminated because of Islamophobia!

Where is the logic in that?

Or maybe this is jihad by immigration and changing demographics? Hmm...
The West is an easy target. Good standards of living, no oppression based on religious non-sense and doles for immigrants.
There is massive immigration from Africa and ME into Western Europe. And as expected most of them from the Maghreb and elsewhere show unwillingness to integrate.
Even the politically correct Europe is feeling uneasy and the people are responding by showing support for far-right across Europe, because for the euros it is a matter of life and death (culturally).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Putin wants the barbarians off his gate by promoting Israel!

Neo

The West is an easy target. Good standards of living, no oppression based on religious non-sense and doles for immigrants.
There is massive immigration from Africa and ME into Western Europe. And as expected most of them from the Maghreb and elsewhere show unwillingness to integrate.
Even the politically correct Europe is feeling uneasy and the people are responding by showing support for far-right across Europe, because for the euros it is a matter of life and death (culturally).
How convenient to blame muslim migrants who have been there for 5-6 decades already and have bred generations. France imported hundreds of thousands of Algerians, Moroccans, Tunesians and other Arab/Berbers from French colonies to work in France when the economy was expanding in fifties and sixties and France was rebuilding itself after the WW II. Her policies just like in rest of European countries failed and no attention was paid to the immigrants and their problems. The muslims incountries like France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Benelux, UK are already 3-4th generations and they are still.struggling to integrate due wrong policies.

thethinker

Country flag
Can't blame them much if they support right wing groups as they tend to be a deterrence to such activities in West. If you read about violent crimes in Denmark, Holland, Norway and other civilized nations, the stats show the surge after such kind of immigration in a previously peaceful environment.

This isn't about isolated violence but more of a political/religious supremacy process where the aggressor conveniently plays the victim card and yells discrimination when needed while trying to establish areas of no-go Sharia zones for Whites/kaffirs and converting the locals if given a chance.

Russia too has it's own headaches in Dagestan, Chechnya and so on by same kind of folks.

Neo

Can't blame them much if they support right wing groups as they tend to be a deterrence to such activities in West. If you read about violent crimes in Denmark, Holland, Norway and other civilized nations, the stats show the surge after such kind of immigration in a previously peaceful environment.

This isn't about isolated violence but more of a political/religious supremacy process where the aggressor conveniently plays the victim card and yells discrimination when needed while trying to establish areas of no-go Sharia zones for Whites/kaffirs and converting the locals if given a chance.

Russia too has it's own headaches in Dagestan, Chechnya and so on by same kind of folks.
Baseless acusation, at least in the case of Netherlands. Where as Moroccan immigrants cause a lot of trouble, the criminals are.from Caribean islands of Aruba and Curacao and eastern european countries Poland, Bulgaria and Romania. They control the drugs network, car theft, money laundering, murders and prostitution.

thethinker

Country flag
How convenient to blame muslim migrants who have been there for 5-6 decades already and have bred generations. France imported hundreds of thousands of Algerians, Moroccans, Tunesians and other Arab/Berbers from French colonies to work in France when the economy was expanding in fifties and sixties and France was rebuilding itself after the WW II. Her policies just like in rest of European countries failed and no attention was paid to the immigrants and their problems. The muslims incountries like France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Benelux, UK are already 3-4th generations and they are still.struggling to integrate due wrong policies.
You mean like these two normal young UK women from a migrant family?You are right though, why blame them? After all, what is the worse that can happen once they return home :

LATE last month the mother of Salma and Zahra Halane discovered her twins had gone — and taken their passports. The 16-year-old sisters had hoped to become doctors, but ran away to join the so-called caliphate established by the Islamic State in parts of Iraq and Syria. Police believe they followed their older brother.

Why would two intelligent British girls join a medieval religious sect in an unknown country? Some answers lie online.

Thousands of Western-born Muslims have become radicalised through internet preachers or through social media. So far this has been mainly a male phenomenon, but experts say Islamic State "fangirls" are taking on a more active recruiting role, urging young women to help build a civil society within the caliphate. Up to 40 "fangirls" are active at a time on social media, according to the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence at King's College London.

Women who have gone to the jihad "set-up on Tumblr, Facebook and Instagram and answer questions such as 'What's life like out there?' or 'Are you seeing any fighting?' They say they're making house or getting married and trying to establish a community network inside the Islamic State."

Experts are not keen on the term "jihadist bride", which they see as a media construct to describe a tradition of women going to support their convert husbands.

Usama Hasan, a Cambridge PhD and theologian, cautions that women have always been drawn in equal numbers to men to Islamic extremism. "Back then, women who took up the call did not fight; they did fundraising, or humanitarian convoys, but primarily cooking and cleaning, looking after the men," he said.

However, since 2011, Dr Hasan has seen more expressions of sympathy for the jihadist brothers from women. Yet the extreme doctrine embraced by the Islamic State is medieval — not just in its attitudes to beheadings but also in its ideas about women. The first the twins are likely to see of their husbands is on their wedding night, after a segregated ceremony. Dr Hasan warns the girls o will be expected to wear the niqab and risk ending up as sex slaves.

"In Syria, Alawite women and Shi'ites, who are seen as non-Muslims by the extremists, are being used as sexual slaves," he says.

Why are Western-born girls susceptible to the jihadist cause? Many may suffer a profound and understandable identity crisis.

At the inner-city British school where I am a governor there are many Somali girls. Some wear a hijab from the time they are in the nursery. I have often thought how hard it must be for them to live in two immensely different worlds.

Some girls rebel by embracing more Western norms when faced with the idea of an arranged marriage but can be ostracised by their communities. Others respond to the perceived "decadence" of the West. They can then be brainwashed into believing that joining the caliphate or becoming a suicide bomber is the way to be true to their new calling.

thethinker

Country flag
Baseless acusation, at least in the case of Netherlands. Where as Moroccan immigrants cause a lot of trouble, the criminals are.from Caribean islands of Aruba and Curacao and eastern european countries Poland, Bulgaria and Romania. They control the drugs network, car theft, money laundering, murders and prostitution.
Baseless acusations by Dutch intelligence too, yes ?"You can downplay all you want, no one is being fooled anymore.

Dutch Islamist radicals becoming elusive 'swarm': spy service

" AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Radical Islamist groups in the Netherlands have become a decentralized and elusive "swarm" that may broaden their focus from the conflict in Syria to the wider Middle East, the Dutch intelligence service warned on Monday.

Its report reflects widespread concern in Europe at the threat posed by European citizens - mainly from Islamic immigrant milieus - leaving to fight in Middle East conflicts, then returning battle-hardened and posing security threats.

Dutch authorities estimate that 120 Dutch citizens have fought in Syria's civil war, with 14 having died in combat, and that there are hundreds of jihadi militants in the country eyeing missions abroad, with thousands more sympathizers.

The Dutch General Intelligence and Security Agency (AIVD) said in its latest assessment of the threat posed by underground jihadi groups that they were stronger and more self-confident.

It said such militants continued to pose a "substantial" threat to the Netherlands, one notch below the highest alert.

Most of the potential fighters were of Moroccan background although some were native Dutch converts to Islam.

The agency said the phenomenon was becoming ever harder to track as social media made it possible for increasingly "professionalised" radical movements to coordinate themselves without the need for a centralised authority.

"The movement has taken on the character of a swarm," the agency said. "There is a less hierarchical structure than at the turn of the millennium, which makes it more flexible, effective and less vulnerable to 'attack' from outside."

European governments have struggled to stop their nationals, some just teenagers, from traveling to Syria where the conflict, which began as peaceful protests against President Bashar al-Assad and evolved into an armed rebellion is now in its fourth year. More than 160,000 people have been killed.

CRACKDOWN ON WOULD-BE JIHADIS

An 18-year-old man was recently arrested in The Hague on suspicion of recruiting people to take part in the Syrian conflict, the Dutch anti-terrorism coordinator said on Monday. Dutch authorities have blocked student grants and welfare payments to more than 30 people suspected of preparing to join wars abroad, and frozen the assets of several others. Other measures under review include stripping suspected militants of their Dutch nationality. A draft law has been submitted for review to the country's highest legal advisory body, Justice Minister Ivo Opstelten told parliament on Monday. "It is unacceptable for Dutch citizens to take part in the jihadist movement and in violent jihad, regardless of where it takes place," he said in a letter. "All possible means will be used to disrupt travel plans, to reduce the risk posed by those returning and to prevent recruiting of new supporters."

Prosperous and with an economy that recovered and grew fast after World War Two, the Netherlands opened its doors to immigration from Morocco and Turkey in the 1960s, and today some 5 percent of the population is of Islamic heritage.

But as growth has slowed and jobs become scarcer in recent years, radical Islam has gained currency in some immigrant communities, raising the concern of state authorities.

The Dutch intelligence service warned that radicals in the Netherlands might turn their attention towards fighting in other current or potential Middle East conflict zones.

"For now, Dutch jihadis are heavily focused on Syria, but that could change," the AIVD report said. "It could involve existing conflict zones likes Yemen and Iraq, but even potential new zones like Egypt - including Sinai, or Libya."

Would-be fighters in Middle East conflicts are growing more skilled at evading the attention of authorities, buying return tickets to the region and posing as tourists, it said.

"News from conflict zones in Syria is spread rapidly via chat, Facebook and email within hours or even in real time within a jihadi inner circle in the Netherlands," said the report. It added that the number of jihadist publications in Dutch had increased sharply over the past two years.

The French citizen suspected of shooting dead four people at the Jewish Museum in Brussels in May spent time fighting in Syria. The Dutch report said some 3,000 European had gone to Syria to fight alongside Islamist rebels.

The Brussels attack "illustrates that the threat posed by returning jihadist fighters is Europe-wide," Opstelten wrote. "That means that there is a risk posed by all returning Syria fighters, also to the Netherlands."

Neo

Stop generalising and creating misperception based on one or two.articles. No one would buy it except for Indians because its music to their ears.

You know nothing about Netherlands.

thethinker

Country flag
Stop generalising and creating misperception based on one or two.articles. No one would buy it except for Indians because its music to their ears.

You know nothing about Netherlands.
I have developed an instant admiration about Mr.Geert Wilders :namaste:

By the way, it is interesting how you vociferously support Palestine yet downplay what the Palestinians do in their guest country. You don't condemn the vandalism they caused in France but are sure quick to defend their immigration. Is that a misrepresentation and a generalization as well?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles