Protests break out in Saudi Arabia

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And the music begins. I really dont know if it would actually be good for anyone if Saudi falls as the void could most definitely be filled by wahabis who might not be in anyones control. At least the US has some control over the royals there.

Oil prices will most certainly shoot up.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Seems some protest on free food stuff.If its for real...If saudi arab falls then whole middle east falls.One way its good for india.it will end usa presence in middle east.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Seems some protest on free food stuff.If its for real...If saudi arab falls then whole middle east falls.One way its good for india.it will end usa presence in middle east.
How is it good for India if the US presence in ME goes?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And the music begins. I really dont know if it would actually be good for anyone if Saudi falls as the void could most definitely be filled by wahabis who might not be in anyones control. At least the US has some control over the royals there.

Oil prices will most certainly shoot up.
I wonder if it is music.

While it may appear that democracy will visit the Middle East, it may only be a replication of Pakistan, where there will be a democratic government in form, but the fundamentalists in control of the minds and hearts of the people.

Not only will the oil prices shoot, and since that will hurt not only the US, but also China, which has a huge requirement of oil, one cannot predict an healthy outcome establishing itself in this area or for that matter North Africa, Middle East to the east to Afghanistan and Pakistan.

One must keep a sharp watch on this area to see if actual democracy comes about or under its façade enters fundamentalism and the hot warm steamy swamp of terrorism spawning!!

It does not auger well for the world.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
How is it good for India if the US presence in ME goes?
The power vacuum created by usa pull out from middle east leaves
india to fill that vacuum.secondly usa with the pull out of usa there will be no more usa intervention in south asia.South asia is india's backyard and india must rise to take up the leadership of it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If pragmatically viewed, India is nowhere in the picture capable of filling any voids.

It does not have the political, economic or military clout to fill voids.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I wonder if it is music.

While it may appear that democracy will visit the Middle East, it may only be a replication of Pakistan, where there will be a democratic government in form, but the fundamentalists in control of the minds and hearts of the people.

Not only will the oil prices shoot, and since that will hurt not only the US, but also China, which has a huge requirement of oil, one cannot predict an healthy outcome establishing itself in this area or for that matter North Africa, Middle East to the east to Afghanistan and Pakistan.

One must keep a sharp watch on this area to see if actual democracy comes about or under its façade enters fundamentalism and the hot warm steamy swamp of terrorism spawning!!

It does not auger well for the world.
Exactly my thoughts. I really dont know if the fall of monarchy in saudi is going to be any good to the world. Iran style democracy is one scenario where the clergy will control everything and the democracy will be under the eyes of the clergy.
Only if a true peoples democracy comes around which will be rid of any religious control, it will be good.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
india to fill that vacuum.secondly usa with the pull out of usa there will be no more usa intervention in south asia.South asia is india's backyard and india must rise to take up the leadership of it.
How will India fill in any vaccum in saudi arabia? india is not a super power. saudi fall will not have any immediate impact in south asia. If at all they will try to further strengthen their support to make sure this area too does not descend into further chaos.

Contract Killer

Fall of Saudi Arabian kingdom is not at for India due to following reason............

All of us know of Saudi's support and participation in to Terrorism Globally. Just think, though they are under control / infulence of USA..... They are contributing so much into this Monster/ Gangrene/ Cancer of Human Race. what will happen if USA looses its control & all the Oil money goes into hands of Extremists.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
If only you were right. I am somehow very very skeptical of India even thinking along those lines!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles