Protests against government in Brazil — Military coup in near future?

jouni

Re: Protests against government in Brazil — Military coup in near futu

Don't give me the bullshit that is printed in "your press".

I asked you to read the articles which I linked - part 2 at least.
I read it: yes the priests can be corrupt, but I do not believe in wider conspiracy. People are worried about the safety thats all.

These nuclear protest we had too, now people trust the safety and demonstrations are less

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

I read it: yes the priests can be corrupt, but I do not believe in wider conspiracy. People are worried about the safety thats all.
That blog clearly established that:

1) The protests were being run by Christian organizations and the local Churches.
2) The protest leaders were lying about their funding and financing.
3) They received huge amount of foreign money for their protest.
4) They used the money for activities which they were not allowed to do, as per their licence and permissions.

No one can say for sure whether there was a gigantic international orchestrated conspiracy - we will never know that. But the above mentioned points make me thoroughly suspicious and wary of NGOs.

There are dozens of more examples like this.

jouni

That blog clearly established that:

1) The protests were being run by Christian organizations and the local Churches.
2) The protest leaders were lying about their funding and financing.
3) They received huge amount of foreign money for their protest.
4) They used the money for activities which they were not allowed to do, as per their licence and permissions.

No one can say for sure whether there was a gigantic international orchestrated conspiracy - we will never know that. But the above mentioned points make me thoroughly suspicious and wary of NGOs.

There are dozens of more examples like this.
Maybe Christians are more willing to protest than Hindus, they are not afraid. Also you had the gas leak which killed a lot Bhotan? People are just worried.

sorcerer

Country flag

Maybe Christians are more willing to protest than Hindus, they are not afraid. Also you had the gas leak which killed a lot Bhotan? People are just worried.
Or
may be Christians can be controlled by the Churches sposored by the west more effectively to instigate protest against the democracy or a project..and Hindus are more sensible :D
Either you an google it or I can provide you a few pointers to begin with.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

@sorcerer is right. "Christians are more willing to protest" is BS. :bs:

Christians behave like a herd, when their pastor or Church tells them something, no matter how detrimental to national interest that might be. That is the real issue. The Church can tell them any kind of crap and they hit the streets in thousands, like a mob of sheep. They don't think for themselves when their pastor or Church leaders says anything.

Don't blame us for distrusting the Church and Church-affiliated NGOs when the situation is like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

@sorcerer is right. "Christians are more willing to protest" is BS. :bs:

Christians behave like a herd, when their pastor or Church tells them something, no matter how detrimental to national interest that might be. That is the real issue. The Church can tell them any kind of crap and they hit the streets in thousands, like a mob of sheep. They don't think for themselves when their pastor or Church leaders says anything.

Don't blame us for distrusting the Church and Church-affiliated NGOs when the situation is like this.
These demonstrations are nothing new, India just woke up 40 years later than the rest

Nuclear power became an issue of major public protest in the 1970s[10] and demonstrations in France and West Germany began in 1971. In France, between 1975 and 1977, some 175,000 people protested against nuclear power in ten demonstrations.[11] In West Germany, between February 1975 and April 1979, some 280,000 people were involved in seven demonstrations at nuclear sites.[11] Many mass demonstrations took place in the aftermath of the 1979 Three Mile Island accident and a New York City protest in September 1979 involved two hundred thousand people. Some 120,000 people demonstrated against nuclear power in Bonn, in October 1979.[11] In May 1986, following the Chernobyl disaster, an estimated 150,000 to 200,000 people marched in Rome to protest against the Italian nuclear program,[12] and clashes between anti-nuclear protesters and police became common in West Germany

Anti-nuclear protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IBSA

Country flag

Brazilian demonstrators dont have ideological coherence among them. Exactly same the Novorossyians, that have russians, ukranians, communists, anarchists, liberals, monarchists, democratics, eurasians, etc. between their soldiers rows - what unite them is only their opposition against Kiev government - here in Brazil what joints this demonstrators is their opposition against Dilma Rousseff and Workers Party (PT), that they accusing of to be corrupts

There are militarists claiming by military coup; there are democratics claiming by President's impeachment but preserving the democracy; there are monarchists; there are liberals claiming privatization and minimum State; there are even leftists that believes PT has betrayed their ideals and became a neoliberal party.

They have in common only their hate, but not a leader to represent them. Due this, they will continue losing next election, and their hate will increase and radicalize each time more.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

These demonstrations are nothing new, India just woke up 40 years later than the rest

Nuclear power became an issue of major public protest in the 1970s[10] and demonstrations in France and West Germany began in 1971. In France, between 1975 and 1977, some 175,000 people protested against nuclear power in ten demonstrations.[11] In West Germany, between February 1975 and April 1979, some 280,000 people were involved in seven demonstrations at nuclear sites.[11] Many mass demonstrations took place in the aftermath of the 1979 Three Mile Island accident and a New York City protest in September 1979 involved two hundred thousand people. Some 120,000 people demonstrated against nuclear power in Bonn, in October 1979.[11] In May 1986, following the Chernobyl disaster, an estimated 150,000 to 200,000 people marched in Rome to protest against the Italian nuclear program,[12] and clashes between anti-nuclear protesters and police became common in West Germany

Anti-nuclear protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah, so I just gave you one link, about Kudankulam protests, and that is enough to generate suspicion for Church-affiliated NGOs, to begin with.

If I give you 10 more links now, only a fool will not thoroughly begin to distrust the Church and affiliated NGOs in India.

Hell, Church and missionary activity has actually encouraged separatist movements also in India!! And this is no joke.

So, at least now, you should stop "wondering" why we should be suspicious and wary of Church-affiliated NGOs. We have plenty of reason to be.

If you want more links, do let me know, I can send you dozens.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

Recently massive scale of corruption has been unearthed in Brazil's state run oil company, Petrobras. Couple that with the terrible state of Brazilian economy and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why Brazilians are protesting against their government. THere's no conspiracy here. The leftist PT government is incompetent and corrupt.

MANT!

Exactly what my wife told me before she voted in the last Brazilian election, the Worker's party has been in power too long and has become corrupt

or in her words "Todos são ladrões" (all are robbers)
The last election was quite close and Dilma no longer has the mandate of Lula...and her missteps in dealing with the economy, foreign trade, international relations and in dealing with corruption have made things much worse..

The lady is out of her league and appears to be flailing around..

But still does anyone here think that a return to military rule is even possible, after all, Brazil's democratic government is less than 4 decades old.

pmaitra

Accusations of corruption, whether true or not, is not an excuse for protesting and demanding the resignation of any elected government. The Brazilians need to wait till the next term.

I'd rather prefer an elected corrupt government over foreign funded Molotov cocktail tossing thugs forming a junta. Considering the reports of presence of foreign funded NGOs in Brazil, from an Indian PoV, it looks like the protesters are equally, if not more corrupt than whatever they are protesting against.

IBSA

Country flag

Corruption ever has existed in bigger or lesser degree. It is inherent to politics. What one can to do is to limit corruption by laws, transparence, political reforms, and other measures, but to think ends entirely the corruption is possible, it is an idiocy.

Workers Party isnt the first to steal. The social-democratics from PSDB when was in power also has stole.

During the military rule (1964 - 1985), likely there was corruption, but only wasnt so much evident, because media were censured by gov. Today they have press freedom to show the corruption scandals. Due this the false impression of whom claims by military intervention that military rule was better

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

Accusations of corruption, whether true or not, is not an excuse for protesting and demanding the resignation of any elected government. The Brazilians need to wait till the next term.

I'd rather prefer an elected corrupt government over foreign funded Molotov cocktail tossing thugs forming a junta. Considering the reports of presence of foreign funded NGOs in Brazil, from an Indian PoV, it looks like the protesters are equally, if not more corrupt than whatever they are protesting against.
Um, no. Protesters should demand the resignation and trial of corrupt politicians involved in the government. Are you suggesting that government officials should have immunity? That sounds like a really bad idea. I don't think majority of the protesters are asking for a military coup. They want due process and prosecution of corrupt officials to the full extent of the law. On the economic front, Brazil's ruling party seems incompetent but sure, that's not exactly grounds for a coup. People have to be patient in a democracy. At the same time, non-violent protesters certainly have a right to free assembly.

pmaitra

Um, no. Protesters should demand the resignation and trial of corrupt politicians involved in the government. Are you suggesting that government officials should have immunity? That sounds like a really bad idea. I don't think majority of the protesters are asking for a military coup. They want due process and prosecution of corrupt officials to the full extent of the law. On the economic front, Brazil's ruling party seems incompetent but sure, that's not exactly grounds for a coup. People have to be patient in a democracy. At the same time, non-violent protesters certainly have a right to free assembly.
Protest should be spontaneous, not paid. Facebook is not a way to decide what the majority of the people in the country think. Very recently there were elections, and Dilma Rousseff won that election. They don't like it? Too bad, they have the right to wait till the next election.

Use of Right to Protest: When protests are motivated by genuine grievances.
Abuse of Right to Protest: When protests are motivated by money.

What about those corrupt protesters who protest after getting paid? They are the ones who need a nice spanking. Of course, not everyone is a paid protester, but such protests are easy to hijack.

Violent or non-violent, if a protester is protesting, and it is proven that he got paid to protest, he should go behind bars. I am saying this from the Indian PoV, and we have plenty of these foreign funded NGO scoundrels who acts like saints but are venomous snakes.

Now, coming to your attempt at putting words in my mouth, vide: "Are you suggesting . . . blah, blah, blah"

Want to know what I am suggesting? Read my post again. Please don't read between the lines.

sorcerer

Country flag

What makes you think that newly elected govt wont be corrupt..?
THe side effect of "power" is corruption and manipulation. Its human nature.
Look no further than AAP..Look at them before they came to power and look at them now.

Realisticallty Citizens can protest but should not dream of having a non corrupt govt cuz..utopia wont brew in this world order even if you want to.

Is the western Govts like USA any less corrupt? But the citizens there dont givea damn about protests either they are scared or that they know theres no use. WE see protests in USA losing its purpose and turning into lil picnics inside some parks.

Khagesh

"Todos são ladrões" (all are robbers)

In Hindi its called "Sab mile hue hain" or "Is hamam mein sab nange hain". Typical line from anarchists and dregs.

This is just another way of saying 'Only I am the good one'. The line you quote and I provide alternatives for is the line suitable for a victim of the ''Messiah syndrome'.

One idiot says 'Only I have the solution all the rest are thieves'. He becomes the Messiah.

Rest of the helpless, characterless idiots who cannot even declare themselves a lousy Messiah agree to the later part, 'all the rest are thieves'. Little realizing they themselves constitute 'all the rest'.

One such Messiah used to say here in Delhi how he let go of a lucrative (bribery kind of lucrative) job in the Income Tax department so he could serve the people. And people never even listened to the first part of what this new Messiah of Delhi said. Everybody fell for the joker.

Such people are laaton ke bhoot they will not understand cautionary words.

Laaton ke bhoot == Deserving of a firm slap planted right under the ears.

:thumb:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

@jouni, Brazil and Brazilians are also paranoid about NGO's right?

Wait, majority Brazilians are Christians, still?

The only answer to this is BRICS empowerment.

All we need to do is resolve conflicts with China in a mutually acceptable way.

Once Brazil and South Africa feel that the dubious shadow of confusion and distrust has gone off between R-I-C, they will participate positively.

Latika_singer

A simple user of DFI

Edited

Read my message bellow

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles