Project P15B Visakhapatnam class destroyer

abingdonboy

Country flag
The bridge on th P 15B looks a lot smoother and clean cut than the P 15A. That LW08 is an eyesore. Also looks like 8 - 16 VLS extra for Nirbhay/Barak 8 ?

P 15A

P 15B

The 15A’s bridge looks really sleek imho.

+ 15B won’t have LW08, it will have a new generation AESA based VSR.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

P 15B's bridge has less curves and is more minimalist. I really hope a RAN 40L type radar is used.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Sadly, because of CONgress RAN-40L is off the table. I’ve heard LTR-25 has been selected for 15B and 17A
Trigger Warning / Off Topic Rant:

Because of that one party I have been pushed to support BJP. I dont even like the old BJP tenants and at best I am a socially conservative, militarist, nationalist aka a right wing populist who just likes Modi of the lot. Rest like Jaitley are just average at best. Now like idiots we have to use 2 different systems for the same role.

End Of Off Topic Rant / Back to Regular Programming.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Trigger Warning / Off Topic Rant:

Because of that one party I have been pushed to support BJP. I dont even like the old BJP tenants and at best I am a socially conservative, militarist, nationalist aka a right wing populist who just likes Modi of the lot. Rest like Jaitley are just average at best. Now like idiots we have to use 2 different systems for the same role.

End Of Off Topic Rant / Back to Regular Programming.
100%.

Because those criminals never put the nation first, you can at least have some faith that Modi does.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
100%.

Because those criminals never put the nation first, you can at least have some faith that Modi does.
Well let's hope our industry privatizes in time for mass construction. It time public sector works is in dictatorship like communist countries and even then they forget investments in economy and fuck up.

RIP SU, PRC soon....:clap2:

semperfye

When is the launching of this ship and how many of them they are going to build?

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
So 76mm gun until 127 mm gun is go? After CCS approval, then will be fitted under mid life refit.
this is confusing as everyone said that P15B class will have 127mm gun.
also if we can change gun in midlife refit cant we change the gun of Kolkata class?

uoftotaku

Country flag
Tardy progress overall. Indian shipbuilders sucks in planning and execution - Japan delivered its destroyer in 2 years 2 frigging years for a destroyer ours is 10y. Visakhapatnam has already consumed 5y since launch.

View attachment 33732 View attachment 33733
You compare a Private Enterprise in Japan that operates for Profit to a Govt Owned PSU in India that operates to provide continuing employment to its workforce. You have the answer to your doubts

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

The data sheet says RAWL02 Mk3 which is the LW08 2D. I was confused at first why they wouldn't go with a more modern option from Thales like Herakles 3D AESA or better yet the Sea Fire 4D AESA. The problem is it uses Barak which is not integrated into these systems and has to use its own Israeli acquisition radar so it is not possible to use an all in one Search & Track and fire control radar. You don't really need the range if not using missiles like Aster 30. I am surprised the Israeli radar doesn't have the Search & Track function of at least the range of the LW08.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The data sheet says RAWL02 Mk3 which is the LW08 2D. I was confused at first why they wouldn't go with a more modern option from Thales like Herakles 3D AESA or better yet the Sea Fire 4D AESA. The problem is it uses Barak which is not integrated into these systems and has to use its own Israeli acquisition radar so it is not possible to use an all in one Search & Track and fire control radar. You don't really need the range if not using missiles like Aster 30. I am surprised the Israeli radar doesn't have the Search & Track function of at least the range of the LW08.
Barak 8 has 100 km range. Radar integration didn't happen because Leonardo got blacklisted. Thus MLU will add a 3D AESA radar.

G10

Country flag
Right now in GE vikram at 2 places. Karwar as well as kochi.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles