Project P15B Visakhapatnam class destroyer

Bhurki

Mach 3............................................................................................
But these missiles are suppossed to head on intercept the missiles incoming towards them .. Rather than catch them from attacking any other target ( as done by s400) ..
I dont see how these missiles would be incapable to intercept a supersonic missile when they are equipped with any sort of a proximity fuse sensor..
Unless brahmos contains a flare dispensor against these infrared based interceptors, i dont see it breaking through..

vampyrbladez

Country flag
But these missiles are suppossed to head on intercept the missiles incoming towards them .. Rather than catch them from attacking any other target ( as done by s400) ..
I dont see how these missiles would be incapable to intercept a supersonic missile when they are equipped with any sort of a proximity fuse sensor..
Unless brahmos contains a flare dispensor against these infrared based interceptors, i dont see it breaking through..
http://www.brahmos.com/newscenter.php?newsid=128

vampyrbladez

Country flag
A bit thick headed here.. Would love a brief explaination.
Brahmos does a terminal pop up and S maneuver before impact. It has 1/3 of a tomahawk's mass but has 3 times as much kinetic energy ((1/2)mv^2;v=3v;m=(1/3)m). This makes it near impossible to intercept with anything less than Barak 8, Aster 30, SM 6 and maybe SM 2 BLK IV.

Bhurki

Brahmos does a terminal pop up and S maneuver before impact. It has 1/3 of a tomahawk's mass but has 3 times as much kinetic energy ((1/2)mv^2;v=3v;m=(1/3)m). This makes it near impossible to intercept with anything less than Barak 8, Aster 30, SM 6 and maybe SM 2 BLK IV.
The kinetic energy is only used when direct contact to ship happens and a violent transfer of energy tears the hull.
What use is the kinetic energy if its heading in the wrong direction?
I'm sure a 3 kg fragmentation warhead is big enough to change the direction of an incoming missile if not completely destroy it. It is literally a bomb.
In this case, the brahmos speed will actually kill itself as it pushes into the blasted wall of metal at a quicker speed, not to say the metal splinters themselves will be travelling several times the speed of sound after boosted by the blast.
It doesn't matter how fast you can punch, if the defender is wearing a jacket full of metal shards, you're only going to hurt yourselves.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The kinetic energy is only used when direct contact to ship happens and a violent transfer of energy tears the hull.
What use is the kinetic energy if its heading in the wrong direction?
I'm sure a 3 kg fragmentation warhead is big enough to change the direction of an incoming missile if not completely destroy it. It is literally a bomb.
In this case, the brahmos speed will actually kill itself as it pushes into the blasted wall of metal at a quicker speed, not to say the metal splinters themselves will be travelling several times the speed of sound after boosted by the blast.
It doesn't matter how fast you can punch, if the defender is wearing a jacket full of metal shards, you're only going to hurt yourselves.
Proximity warhead won't get reaction time unless it has dual pulse motor like Barak 8 or travels at M 3+ speed. Your point is moot.

Bhurki

Proximity warhead won't get reaction time unless it has dual pulse motor like Barak 8 or travels at M 3+ speed. Your point is moot.
What does speed of missile got to do with proximity fuse speed? Speed doesnt matter unless its missile chase... It doesnt matter if you cant answer.. Stop calling others moot

binayak95

Country flag
What does speed of missile got to do with proximity fuse speed? Speed doesnt matter unless its missile chase... It doesnt matter if you cant answer.. Stop calling others moot
Arreh bhai....

Look, say we are targeting a Type 052D, 2-3 Brahmos missiles will be ripple fired. The missiles will take a sea-skimming profile in the last 120 km to avoid detection.

The AESA radar will pick up the missiles at about 30-40kms from the ship (limitations of ship-based AESA radars, Chinese ships don't even have an elevated main mast). The missile is coming in at Mach 3, that gives the ship what? 30 secs to react?

So, your FCR has to pick up the missile, track it, calculate an interception trajectory and fire off MR SAMs (Long Range Sams are useless since the missile is inside its minimum range). IMPOSSIBLE! (especially since the missile does an S maneuver in its terminal phase for a plunging attack)

So, last line, CIWS. Yeah, fat chance. CIWS cannot intercept a supersonic missile, their own movement and engagement limitations prevent it.

And on top of all this, there are another 1-2 missiles coming at you.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The 30 second reaction time as explained by @binayak95 gives a normal SRSAM/CIWS no time to react. A LRSAM thus will try to neutralize the missile at a greater distance and use a higher speed to keep up with the missile.

iamkuntal

PLA defence forums are full of CGIs and they have mastered this art as well .
Let me start that here also [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]
Presenting P15 b [emoji56][emoji56].

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

scatterStorm

Country flag
Lol. PLA Forum members like to live in fantasy and shit, gotta say there propaganda machine is one of the best in the world. Imagine in a War scenario, there soldiers will get live feeds of hoes telling them to jerk off in the name of BOSS

Global Defence

New threads

Articles