Project- 75(I). Next gen subs. RFP issued

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by plugwater, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Enquirer

Enquirer Senior Member Senior Member

The logistics of weaponry & customizations for Aussie needs.
    Japanese preferred to sell theirs as a black box (they also somehow preferred to keep all their tech very secret)

2. BON PLAN

BON PLAN -*- Senior Member

No.
    It was said in the paper news that the japanese subs was prefered by political top brass, not by the navy.
    I'm quite sure the japan design was the costlier. japan never exported a single sub...

3. BON PLAN

If Japan didn't accept to add a US weapon system on its sub, it's a pain in the ass for us, because it was clearly requested.

4. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

I don't know what papers you are reading but Australia was under intense US pressure to buy the Japanese submarine but we won based on the stealth features and advanced pump jet propulsion.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/...ese-companies-in-australias-submarine-tender/

Being based on a nuclear submarine design also gives it the possibility of being upgraded to nuclear if Aussie politics ever changes. Japan tried to offer a Li Ion powered submarine that didn't have the necessary safety required. All of Japanese offers were on paper with nothing proven, Australia wasn't going to take a chance when Naval Group has more than proven itself.

5. BON PLAN

I didn't write anything else, except the US pressures.