Project-75I class SSK Submarines

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Tejas is flying and getting better spanning a 3 variants mk1a , mwf and nlca mk2.

Nirbhay is also ready for induction and also spanning new variants.

They were first products for India industry building ecosystem. It takes time to build up ecosystem. Guess you can't comprehend that.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk
sorry Bro, I forgot Kaveri :cool1:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Really! What else could they say after submarine was already building and they are desperately short on subs.

Bro, 2 subs of the same models built in the same dock don't make the same noise....
If I say to you that Mirade 2000 radar emit in X ray, do you think it is a fatal link? This sub leaks is of the same level.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
You obviously don't know the full details!
It wasn't a plain vanilla sale based on price. Australia wanted customizations; Japan had no sales experience, they didn't know how to deal with Aussies, if to make changes or not. Japanese had a very superior product that Aussies wanted. But Aussies were unsure if Japan is comfortable with custom work and after sales customer service. All this while the French made big moves (politically and via media). As such Aussies dumped Japan.

Also, who is 'we' that won as per you.
Japan has no sales experiences? Explain that to Toyota, Nissan, Seiko, Sony.....
A very superior product? explain us in detail.
What were the french bog moves?

Immanuel

Country flag
Australian are idiots . 35 billion USD for 12 submarine. That's almost 3 billion USD for a submarine. They could have builded a nuke submarine for that money.

They fly f18 as their airforce fighter which no body else does except for idiot Canadians not even USA.

About Japan they fielded an aesa before French could spell it. Don't get ahead of yourself.

The F-18 and SH are among the most reliable fighters ever made, they also happen to reasonably priced and have the ability deliver a shit ton variety of weapons. Actually it's one of their best platforms.

The sub choice though was :facepalm:

uoftotaku

Country flag
The F-18 and SH are among the most reliable fighters ever made, they also happen to reasonably priced and have the ability deliver a shit ton variety of weapons. Actually it's one of their best platforms.

For the sub..whatever they chose is going to be a shitshow because of ASC (the local shipyard partner). They royally screwed up the Collins class and will royally screw up the Barracuda despite the crazy price tag.

Ship building or any marine related industry in Oz is very very heavily unionized and the union is one of the most uncooperative and unreasonable in the world. No other reason than that for the cost and construction timeline to be so ridiculous

IndianHawk

Country flag

Could have gone with f15. F18 is good for bombing suits us navy which uses f22 f16 for aerial battle. Aussie doesn't have anything else .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Bro, 2 subs of the same models built in the same dock don't make the same noise....
If I say to you that Mirade 2000 radar emit in X ray, do you think it is a fatal link? This sub leaks is of the same level.
Whatever you say. Indian officers are pissed enough to decline extra Scorpion. If it was anything minor they would have accepted extra Scorpion.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag

I agree for F18, SH18.
for subs, the bests teams were around the tables. The french suffered from the indian Scorpene leaks... and they won. It's not as if Naval Group was a newbie in the subs market....

Enquirer

Japan has no sales experiences? Explain that to Toyota, Nissan, Seiko, Sony.....
A very superior product? explain us in detail.
What were the french bog moves?
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's the 'defense sales' that's referred to........in which area they are novices!

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's the 'defense sales' that's referred to........in which area they are novices!
hummmm..... They are all members of boards of others.... and to sell a weapon is not different than another product.
Don't forget they have a strong political support also.
No. The reason is that the french was the sole to propose a tailored made all new design, built on Barracuda and Le triomphant technology. Naval Group has the blue sea experience when the others has mainly littoral sea experience.

Enquirer

hummmm..... They are all members of boards of others.... and to sell a weapon is not different than another product.
Don't forget they have a strong political support also.
No. The reason is that the french was the sole to propose a tailored made all new design, built on Barracuda and Le triomphant technology. Naval Group has the blue sea experience when the others has mainly littoral sea experience.
That's right! Selling a stealth submarine to cater to a country's defense needs is the same as selling a jiggly cake!

French didn't propose 'tailor made' design, that was Australia's requirement. Japan was essentially confused as to how to deal with the request. Aussies knew very well that Japanese Soryu was more advanced than the French offering, but the logistics issue finally tilted the choice towards the French.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Aussies knew very well that Japanese Soryu was more advanced than the French offering
As a US guy, you obviously make french bashing....
Give me just one serious proof.

US people are angry to see that the french, with 10 or 15% of your budget are able to make the same weapons than you.

Enquirer

As a US guy, you obviously make french bashing....
Give me just one serious proof.

US people are angry to see that the french, with 10 or 15% of your budget are able to make the same weapons than you.
How on earth did you deduce any of the US-French conflict from my posts? Absolute rubbish!
I have never tried to undermine French tech - especially in defense, they're among the best!

What 'proof' are you looking for? Just google and follow the sequence of events that happened before Aussies finally settled on French subs! Aussies did want Soryus for the superior tech.

(that said, I'll confide my secret love for an all-electric sub. I love EVs...can't wait to see short haul flights being accomplished with electric planes)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles