Prince Rurik's real ancestry

jouni

You might want to study how the Vikings came to Lake Logoda and enslaved the Finno-Ugric tribes and how the Slavic tribes defeated and kicked Rurik and his fellow Vikings in the butt and sent them packing back to Roslagen, and saved your Finno-Ugric ancestors.

That explains your inferiority complex towards Russia.

Don't try to teach me history.
Inferior complex towards Russia? LOL I have never heard anything so funny. I can tell you example from last weekend. My car broke down when in Russia and tow truck was sent from Finland. I came to meet the tow truck on the border and rode with it to where my car was. On the way we saw Russian van on its side on the road and four people gathering things that were flown all around...

Car was a green UAZ

We could smell they were drunk, they were men from local village whos spent weekend fishing and drinking and the slippery road was too much. We towed the car to their place for free after they collected the fish from the road. We didn't even consider calling the police for suspected drunk driving, why bother...

So there you see, we wanted to help them and at the same time did how things are done in Russia. If this was in Finland we would surely have called the police...

In this superpower people have nothing else to do than to fish, drink vodka and watch from channel one how great Russia is.

Last edited:

jouni

Not Logoda, but Ladoga ("The Path of Lada" - love godess).
Rurick had been Russian knyaz from the northern lands (Variag). He is a beginner of the main Russian tzars dynasty and Kuzarim (Khazars) punisher and war-winner, who has taken Kiyev from them and make it Russian.
So, please be carefull with such a historic person :)
There is a dedicated thread to Rurik, you might want to take a look. I agree with Catherine the Great with her views about Rurik.

pmaitra

There is a dedicated thread to Rurik, you might want to take a look. I agree with Catherine the Great with her views about Rurik.
I posted a lot of the content there, so thanks for telling me what I know.

Inferior complex towards Russia? LOL I have never heard anything so funny. I can tell you example from last weekend. My car broke down when in Russia and tow truck was sent from Finland. I came to meet the tow truck on the border and rode with it to where my car was. On the way we saw Russian van on its side on the road and four people gathering things that were flown all around...

We could smell they were drunk, they were men from local village whos spent weekend fishing and drinking and the slippery road was too much. We towed the car to their place for free after they collected the fish from the road. We didn't even consider calling the police for suspected drunk driving, why bother...

So there you see, we wanted to help them and at the same time did how things are done in Russia. If this was in Finland we would surely have called the police...

In this superpower people have nothing else to do than to fish, drink vodka and watch from channel one how great Russia is.
To borrow a word from another person, you have a compacted self esteem. Read the thread title again.
Not Logoda, but Ladoga ("The Path of Lada" - love godess).
Rurick had been Russian knyaz from the northern lands (Variag). He is a beginner of the main Russian tzars dynasty and Kuzarim (Khazars) punisher and war-winner, who has taken Kiyev from them and make it Russian.
So, please be carefull with such a historic person :)
Yes, you are right. I mis-spellt. Rurick started Novgorod polity, and later Oleg started Kievskaya Rus. The important point here is, Rurick was a Viking, while Russians are predominantly Slavs. Anyway, that is explained in detail in another thread. I know about the historical person. :tongue2:

pmaitra

@gadeshi, please have a look at this thread. There is a lot of interesting content here, which all started with some of us countering @jouni's claims.

pmaitra

Where did Russia come from? - Alex Gendler

Largely agrees with what @Razor and I have been saying in this thread. Sorry, @jouni. Your knowledge of European history is "less than perfect" [sic.]. o_O

jouni

Where did Russia come from? - Alex Gendler

Largely agrees with what @Razor and I have been saying in this thread. Sorry, @jouni. Your knowledge of European history is "less than perfect" [sic.]. o_O
I studied presentations of a Finnish seminar regarding birth of a Finnish Nation. Some professors belief that the sea from were Rurik came was actually lake Ladoga and the word "varyag" comes from Finnish word "varas": a thief.

Lots of theories that are interesting. Also is intersting that during 19th century Finnish guard was an elite unit in Czars personal protection and in campaigns always at the toughest spot. In that time also Russians trusted Finnish skills...

pmaitra

I studied presentations of a Finnish seminar regarding birth of a Finnish Nation. Some professors belief that the sea from were Rurik came was actually lake Ladoga and the word "varyag" comes from Finnish word "varas": a thief.

Lots of theories that are interesting. Also is intersting that during 19th century Finnish guard was an elite unit in Czars personal protection and in campaigns always at the toughest spot. In that time also Russians trusted Finnish skills...
The most widely accepted theory is what I have been saying, in summary:
  1. Slavs already lived in Russia.
  2. Vikings came and began to rule the Slavs.
  3. Slavs revolted, defeated, and evicted the vikings.
  4. Slavs started to fight with each other.
  5. Vikings were invited back to restore order.

jouni

To the rescue of poor Russians....................

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles