Prime accused in Kokrajhar riots held

KS

Bye bye DFI
Prime accused in Kokrajhar riots held - The Times of India

KOKRAJHAR: The CBI on Tuesday arrested the prime accused in the ethnic clashes between Bodos and Bengali speaking Muslims in lower Assam districts last July.

Sources said CBI sleuths arrested Moinul Hoque, the accused, from Joypur in Assam's Kokrajhar district where he had taken shelter. "He was wanted in many cases which includes sexual harassment of local women from his own community. The other two accused — Jahanuddin Sheik and Jakir Ali — have also been nabbed along with Moinul," the source said.

Moinul, involved in several criminal activities, was shot at by unidentifed men on July 19, 2012, in Kokrajhar. He, along with his associates, was injured and they were taken to a hospital in Guwahati. On that night, associates of Moinul created a ruckus at the hospital and a nurse got injured.

Supporters of Moinul vandalized the house of a Bodo at Bhatipara on the same night suspecting that the attackers were Bodos and threatened to attack them. The next day four Bodo youths, including a former militant, were killed at Joypur near Kokrajhar town and the violence spread like wildfire. The riots spread to Dhubri and Chirang district where over 80 people were killed and over three lakh fled their homes. Thousands of houses were set ablaze. Twenty two Bengali-speaking Muslims have been held for the killing of the four Bodo youths in Kokrajhar.
So it was the Bangladeshis who started the riots after all..

SHURIDH

@KS Bengali speaking muslim does not mean bangladeshies by default.
your thinking show how little you know about the whole issue.

Who is an bangladeshi in assam.
According to assam accord 1985.
Those people who enter assam after 25 march 1971 are bangladeshi.

Those bengali speaking muslim/hindu comes assam before 25th march 1971 are legal indian bengali citizen according to indian law and this fact accepted by aasu,btad.

So nither you mr.ks or your sangh has any right to call any indian bengali speaking muslim of east bengal ancestry as bangladeshi.

For your kind information in 1971 bengali speaking muslims were 17% of kokrajhar district.

As 1971 was cut off year.

So you can see there has a lot of indian bengali speaking muslims also lived in kokrajhar.

In 1951 muslims were 24.56% of assam.
Only 5% were assames speaking muslim in assam that time.

Rest of 19.5% population of assam in 1951 were bengali speaking muslim.

Are not they indian or you called them bangladeshi just because of their east bengal ancestry.

Do you know mr.ks the present indian chief justice mr.altamas kabir's father mr.jahangir kabir was native of tipperrh district of east bengal.
They move to kolkata in 1940s.

So justice altamas kabir has east bengal ancestry.
So will you dare to call him bangladeshi just because of east bengal ancestry mr.ks.

Are not mr. Altamas kabir is a proud indian.

People like you don't know the difination of illegal migrant.

Don't know the details of assam accord.

Don't have any proper demographic knowledge about assam.

Don't study census data.

But wan't to give comment.

I am warning you mr.ks don't generalise every bengali speaking muslim as bangladeshi in india.

Nither you nor your sangh can't deny the existance of indian bengali speaking muslim.

A person's mother tongue can be bengali and his/her religious faith can be islam but that does not he/she is bangladeshi by default.
Don't treat illegal forgien migrant and indian bengali speaking muslim same way.

Just because indian bengali muslim's basic face/body structure,religious faith,mother tongue looks similar to illegal forigen migrant you can't treat both same way.

Indian bengali speaking muslim and illegal forigen migrant are not same thing.

An indian bengali muslim is not less indian than an indian tamil .

Last edited by a moderator:

KS

Bye bye DFI
@KS Bengali speaking muslim does not mean bangladeshies by default.
Ok it was Indian Bengali muslim...who started the riots..:facepalm:

I am trying to isolate Indian muslims from this and you want them to be blamed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHURIDH

Ok it was Indian Bengali muslim...who started the riots..:facepalm:

I am trying to isolate Indian muslims from this and you want them to be blamed.
If the criminal is an indian bengali muslim.
Than the fact is fact.
No point to blaming bangladeshi.

I just want to request you don't term every bengali speaking muslim in assam as bangladeshi.

As i point out roughly 20% of assam population in 1951 was bengali muslim and indian by nationality.

There has illegal migrant in assam but a huge number of indian bengali muslim also lived in assam

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
If the criminal is an indian bengali muslim.
Than the fact is fact.
No point to blaming bangladeshi.

I just want to request you don't term every bengali speaking muslim in assam as bangladeshi.

As i point out roughly 20% of assam population in 1951 was bengali muslim and indian by nationality.

There has illegal migrant in assam but a huge number of indian bengali muslim also lived in assam
Not 'every' Bengali speaking muslim is a bangalldeshi...but most of them in Assam are ! And people like you batting for them, they can continue to live happily forever here. After all numbers count..dont they ?

SHURIDH

Not 'every' Bengali speaking muslim is a bangalldeshi...but most of them in Assam are ! And people like you batting for them, they can continue to live happily forever here. After all numbers count..dont they ?
it is also not possible that majority bengali speaking muslim in assam are illegal.

You again prove that you have little demographic knowledge.

Those who lived in assam before 1971
is indian.

In 1971
there had 36 lakh muslim in assam 29 lakh bengali muslim 7 lakh assamese muslim.

According to assam accord 1985 all 29 lakh bengali muslim of assam in 1971 are indian citizen.

In 2001
assam's muslim population is 82 lakh.
Among them17 lakh assamese ,65 lakh bengali speaking.

So we can see the number of bengali speaking muslim incrase to 29 lakh to 65 lakh.

If majority are illegal as you say than it means at least 33 out of 65 lakh are illegal.

So as your formula the legal indian bengali muslim are only 32 lakh in assam.

So you want to say indian bengali muslim just grow 29 lakh to 32 lakh in 1971 to 2001.

Only 10% population growth of indian bengali speaking muslim in 1971-01 in assam!

Is it possible when assam's hindu population grow 75% in 1971-01, indian muslim population grow 105%.

you are expecting indian bengali muslim to grow
just 10% in assam in 1971-01!

You are demographic illiterate.

First study census data than comment.

Census data does not support your claim that majority of bengali speaking muslim in assam is illegal.

SHURIDH

I am not batting for any illegal migrant.

My stand is clear deport everyone who enter assam after 1971.

As i study the census data of 1941- 2001 it shows the existance of huge number of indian bengali muslim in assam which you want to deny.

as you are demographic illiterate you don't know demographic details of assam but love to comment.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles