Preaching outside Hindu temple India

KS

Bye bye DFI
Also, in the Bible's Revelation, there is a man with a sword on a white horse; quite similar to the description of the last Avatar of Lord Vishnu.

Zaid Hamid ?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
P.S.: I have been to Texas.
Converted anybody, lately. ;)

How could Christianity be a distorted form of Islam? Islam came after Christianity.
Technically, yeah you're right. But Islam claims that it is the true religion revealed to Adham (Adam, who btw is the first prophet of Islam). And that Xtianity and Judaism are distorted versions.

Now, whether Jesus was a 'Prophet' or 'Son of God' is a debate even among Christians. I am no expert, so I won't take sides. I meant it in the generic sense.
AFAIK the divinity of Jesus was democratically voted upon at the first council of Nicaea almost 300 years after he was supposedly killed.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
You just googled and posted the first result. :taunt:
The Kaaba is a cuboid.

Anyway, any comments on what I added in my earlier post?

Edit: Many Muslims don't know much about Islam as much as many Hindus don't know much about Vedas. Ask a Muslim about the significance of the Golden Ratio in Islam. See if you get a convincing answer. As a matter of fact, ask this question to anyone who is a Jew, Christian or Muslim.

Anybody big on photography should know this.
Anyway, I also did some googling and found two possible solutions to your question.

1. List of works designed with the golden ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. And this:

The proportion of distance between Mecca and North Pole to the distance between Mecca and South Pole is exactly 1.618 which is the golden mean. Moreover, the proportion of the distance between South Pole and Mecca to the distance between both poles is again 1.618.
Miracle of Kaaba - Golden Ratio in Islam

This seems absurd to me, as Mecca is well above the equator and the ratio: (M to N.P.) / (M to S.P.) will be less than one. Maybe the author meant the inverse of the above ratio. Anyway, I haven't verified these claims. Some one should do it using maps or something. (When doing so, take note of the projection as different projections will alter you r results.)

Pmaitra, so what is the answer ?
And in any case, why is it called the Golden ratio or the divine ratio. What's so golden about it? Did a Goldsmith discover it ?

pmaitra

Pmaitra, so what is the answer ?
And in any case, why is it called the Golden ratio or the divine ratio. What's so golden about it? Did a Goldsmith discover it ?
Yes, golden ratio; the longer geodesic distance A is 1.618 times the shorter geodesic distance B.

This is true in two ways:
  • A = Mecca to South Pole and B = Mecca to North Pole.
  • A = Mecca to West until International Date Line and B = Mecca to the East until the international Date Line.

Karthic, kudos to you man, well done.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Yes, golden ratio; the longer geodesic distance A is 1.618 times the shorter geodesic distance B.

This is true in two ways:
  • A = Mecca to South Pole and B = Mecca to North Pole.
  • A = Mecca to West until International Date Line and B = Mecca to the East until the international Date Line.
Thanks for confirmation.
Oh, so a double golden ratio. The second point doesn't seem to have much significance as they are man-made lines.

pmaitra

Thanks for confirmation.
Oh, so a double golden ratio. The second point doesn't seem to have much significance as they are man-made lines.
Also, using the property of similar triangles on a flat map (although the earth is not flat), the diagonal as well. ;)

So triple, but it is obvious anyway.

Well, the international date line is man made, but the largest separation between land masses, i.e. the Pacific Ocean is not man made.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Sir if you see the end of the video she was clearly asking "who is going to accept the truth today ?" or something of that sort....If you dont know the code words which the missionaries use here, it means "who is converting to xtianity today ?".
I understand that, but the people listening seemed only idly curious.

Even if she was not converting, temple premises is not the place for her to stand and say "there is one true god, Jesus" and that stuff. It unnecessarily vitiates communal tensions and being the minority, in case of riots it is the local xtians only who will face problems, not tourists like her who will ignite the flame and safely fly back to her home country.
I quite agree. She was annoying. In her mind, Memsahib was trying to save the souls of these little brown Hindoo people. I would have thrown a ripe fruit at her myself.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I think this reference to KKK is silly. Unless one comes to the US, many misconceptions shall remain.

P.S.: I have been to Texas.
And I have been to a KKK rally in North Carolina. I still have the photos someplace.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I call this unnecessary needling and asking for trouble. Not only is this disrespectful, it is provocative.
The woman is disgracefully superficial. The one "convert" must be a shill. He gets a free Bible and a pat on the shoulder. There is no real connection among the absurd women, her translator, and the sole person who seems to respond to her. Her bearing is awkward, her voice is annoying, her delivery is wooden, her theology is pitiful. I get more angry every time I watch this video. I think she should be identified, hunted down and ... OK, never mind.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles