Preaching outside Hindu temple India

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Interestingly the west is going more towards Atheism and here they got a significant audience to convert.

sob

Mod
Country flag
In 2008, a leader of RSS was killed in Odisha. RSS called on people to kill Christians even after maoists acknowledged they killed the RSS leader. This is just one incident. RSS's offshoot VHP is responsible for Godhra riots, as CNN-IBN found out. Liberhan commission accused RSS as the chief architect for the demolition of the Babri Masjid. If you google, you'll come to know many more.
Oracle, you just mixed up a lot of issues together in the case of Kandhamal riots. There it was a case of tribals converting to Christianity and the problem started when they got benefit of both minority religion and ST tag for benefits. Also most of the naxal recruits in the area were from the converts. The whole area was a tinder box waiting to explode.

sob

Mod
Country flag
In the video, all I see is one idiot telling another idiot why her idiocy is superior to the others. :yey:
The lady was doing a very provocative job. all it would have taken for one mad man to act against her and her interpreter and then we would have known where the whole thing would have gone.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Oracle, you just mixed up a lot of issues together in the case of Kandhamal riots. There it was a case of tribals converting to Christianity and the problem started when they got benefit of both minority religion and ST tag for benefits. Also most of the naxal recruits in the area were from the converts. The whole area was a tinder box waiting to explode.
Read a news about 10 French deported back to France since they were on tourist visa but were involved in Maoist activities.

How come we allow such people to enter at all :confused:

LalTopi

In the video, all I see is one idiot telling another idiot why her idiocy is superior to the others. :yey:
As I said in an earlier post. This is not just a comical situation. It is Abuse.
This woman is using her enhanced economic position to undermine the culture, heritage and beliefs of an ancient - but poorer - civilization. I.e. Abuse. The same word Abuse applies in the context of the Indian tourists that were caught on video undermining the heritage and culture of the Jarawa in the Andamans.

Although I am an atheist, in this thread, my point is I am stating religion is nonsense. If you want to believe in God, then go right ahead, but keep this religion thing in the dustbin. A God without religion will make you agnostic, but at least you will have the capacity to resist propaganda and brainwashing that comes from religion. It does not take a genius to figure this out.
I take religion not just as a personal belief but as part of our culture and heritage. In this context it is not nonsense but deadly serious to our identity. Also, there is the implicit assumption in your statement that the universe and everything in it has been explained by Science and therefore religion is nonsense. Yet, this is not the case at all, just try googling Quantum mind/Quantum Brain theory and you will see that a lot of very serious scientists are looking deeper into the whole physics behind conciousness.

Finally, I am not calling for madness or violence. I just think she should be expelled, along with the rest of her sect, quietly and without fuss.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
As I said in an earlier post. This is not just a comical situation. It is Abuse.
This woman is using her enhanced economic position to undermine the culture, heritage and beliefs of an ancient - but poorer - civilization. I.e. Abuse. The same word Abuse applies in the context of the Indian tourists that were caught on video undermining the heritage and culture of the Jarawa in the Andamans.

I take religion not just as a personal belief but as part of our culture and heritage. In this context it is not nonsense but deadly serious to our identity. Also, there is the implicit assumption in your statement that the universe and everything in it has been explained by Science and therefore religion is nonsense. Yet, this is not the case at all, just try googling Quantum mind/Quantum Brain theory and you will see that a lot of very serious scientists are looking deeper into the whole physics behind conciousness.

Finally, I am not calling for madness or violence. I just think she should be expelled, along with the rest of her sect, quietly and without fuss.
That should be the case... she should be deported back with a stern warning. or else shw would go back and tell "Hey I converted 20 cows and no one said anything so let's go back and have more fun"

mayfair

All that I posted are accusations CNN-IBN and western media made?

And all that you posted are shining words from God himself?
Actually the bit about Swami Lakshamananada being killed by Maoists was admitted by one of their regional commanders to some media personnel. He said that he was requested by the Christians of the area to do something about the person in question and briefly it divided the Maoist cadres into Hindu and Christian groups.

Why Swami Laxmanananda was killed

Admitting that Maoist groups in Orissa derive major support from minority communities, a prominent Maoist leader has said there was pressure from both Christians and Dalits to eliminate VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati.

Sabyasachi Panda alias Sunil, who met a group of journalists at an undisclosed hideout on Saturday, said Saraswati was killed as he did not pay any heed to Maoist's warning.

The transcript of Panda's meeting was made available to PTI on Sunday.

'We had asked Laxmanananda to desist from anti-Christian activities. He created a riot in December 2007 and subsequently targeted people indulging in cow slaughter,' he said, adding people of both the communities were opposed to the seer.

Noting that most of the cadre members and supporters in Orissa belonged to Christian community, Panda said, 'It is a fact that Christians are in majority in our organisation.

Our supporters in Orissa's Rayagada, Gajapati and Kandhamal also belonged to Christian community.'

The Maoist leader, however, pointed out that though Christians were major support base of the outfit in Orissa, the situation was not similar across the country.

'We do not believe in any religion or are attached to any religious groups. We are not in favour of any religion,' he said, claiming Laxamananda was working to revive Brahminism, which was almost disappearing.

Natural target of Maoists
Branding Sangh Parivar as a 'fundamentalist' grouping, the Maoist leader said senior BJP leader L K Advani [Images] and VHP's Ashok Singal and Pravin Togadia are 'natural targets' of the Left wing extremists as they are instigating communal passion.

Panda said Maoists were in search of an opportunity to eliminate the three leaders 'as they are instigating communal passion in the country'.

'We will kill the trio whenever a chance is available,' he said.

'These leaders always come to meet the people under the protection of CRPF jawans. Therefore, we could not kill them till now,' Panda, who is the secretary of the state organising committee of CPI (Maoist), said.

Admitting that the Maoists had for the first time intervened in any religious dispute by killing Laxamananda Saraswati, Panda said they wanted to create a casteless society devoid of exploitation where the people would not face discrimination of any kind.

Asked whether Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was also in the hit-list of Maoists, Panda said: 'No. It is a fact that we are angry with Patnaik for running the government in Orissa at the instruction of BJP leaders. But he is not in our target.'

lemontree

Professional
Do you always forgot the post godhra train burning or selectively ignore i say they are responsible for Godhra riots
The RSS should have retaliated for Godhra by eliminating the culprits responsible for burning the train.
Swift and surgical, and not the blood lust that went on for a week.

lemontree

Professional
Evangelization nowadays is a commercial business sir.
Yes that is true, many bible groups get a lot of funding for these activities, and most of the Indian members are jobless good for nothing people who become members of such organisations for the free money that they get.

They indulge in very cheap stunts to "gain" converts, like preaching to non-christian children. That is wrong.
Preaching to adults is fine as long as they come on their own free will.

In fact in India you dont have to preach to any religion, the needy flock to the temples, dargahs and churchs with a prayer or pertition to God.
One can see this in Ajmer, the dargahs in Haji Ali and Mahim in Bombay, during Ganesh utsav, and Mt. Mary's Basillica in September.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Televangelists>Evangelists.

Sow a seed, expect a harvest.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
The RSS should have retaliated for Godhra by eliminating the culprits responsible for burning the train.
Swift and surgical, and not the blood lust that went on for a week.
RSS did not do it but the locals did exactly what you said hunt down those who where responsible. RSS came later in the picture only after 12hr or so.

And you please tell to those 60 members family who lost their life to go on a surgical strike :facepalm:

And what about the killings of more than 300 Hindus post Godhra ? Is it also carried out by RSS ??

lemontree

Professional
RSS did not do it but the locals did exactly what you said hunt down those who where responsible. RSS came later in the picture only after 12hr or so.

And you please tell to those 60 members family who lost their life to go on a surgical strike :facepalm:

And what about the killings of more than 300 Hindus post Godhra ? Is it also carried out by RSS ??
If you cannot understand the context then lets not debate.

I am commenting on the riots that were carried out after the train victims bodies were brought to Ahmedabad to incite the public.

Oracle

Actually the bit about Swami Lakshamananada being killed by Maoists was admitted by one of their regional commanders to some media personnel. He said that he was requested by the Christians of the area to do something about the person in question and briefly it divided the Maoist cadres into Hindu and Christian groups.

Why Swami Laxmanananda was killed
Thank you mayfair, a good read.

Ryu, please read it.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
If you cannot understand the context then lets not debate.

I am commenting on the riots that were carried out after the train victims bodies were brought to Ahmedabad to incite the public.
Bro so be it if you demand only majority community to be more reasonable and friendly to others even if they are burned.

But i agree if you see so much hate from a community which is less than 15% you can be assure there will be equal people in those 85% also

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Thank you mayfair, a good read.

Ryu, please read it.
Ya finished reading just now and it says clearly there was pressure from Christians and thats what i also said earlier

And all i see if Mao accepting Christianity as more acceptable religion than Hinduism and you know why they need money to buy weapons to kill our force and they get it from them,

From when did what Mao decide become acceptable to Indians ? So you say killing of Swamy is good because he preached Hinduism along with caste ? which is not true and it pissed out Church and ordered a Hit. And this nothing talks about other 5 people who also died 2 where women now where is the surgical strike ?

And now so we can approve killing just because one dont like others religion or customs

panduranghari

Vigilante justice is where I do not agree with you.
And I agree with you on that.

However, if you look at the history where votes are involved, certain sections of political class choose to turn a blind eye. Now I am not saying everyone is of clear conscience. But there is certain trend which makes people jittery and this has lead to people becoming a bit anxious about the situation around them.

India is supposed to be secular nation. Its in our constitution. So please tell me why is the great Congress still playing vote bank politics? Why not make policy a factor for elections, why should it be religion. And remember it was Congress who started it. Newton's third law will always win.

Tolaha

I take it all back. Revoking her visa alone would be too mild a punishment.

I just watched the video till the end. Quotes like Jesus is the only one true god through whom to seek salvation, and Is their any one here who will give up 'idolatory' !! - outside a Hindhu temple !!
I wonder if the guy whom she converted at the end was set-up as a stooge?

Hinduism is a tolerant religion, but the Gita is also quite clear that we must not run away from the battle against evil, even if it means fighting our own bethren. Mataji can be vengeful when need be.

Really, we must find this woman's church and expel the whole damn lot.
In coastal Karnataka, I have come across nuns saying far worse things about Hinduism. While the effect on us (even though we are not Hindus) is that we feel sick of their behavior, the "mainstream" Christians end up getting far more embarrassed with disgust, at the brand of Christianity that these groups sell!

KS

Bye bye DFI
Hinduism is a tolerant religion, but the Gita is also quite clear that we must not run away from the battle against evil, even if it means fighting our own bethren. Mataji can be vengeful when need be..
When it actually happens, it is not good for India. Sadly :sad:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles