Power shortage in Tamil Nadu

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Go to ----ing places and ---- is what you get, there are many other places, try Marina it's much cleaner than Mumbai's beech. I say try areas like Adyar,besant nagar, KKn, Ashok nagar etc you ll find better places.

Don't run your mouth just because u have had a glimpse of that city.
Marina beach is clean? Check up your vision buddy. It is one of the dirtiest place I have ever seen. Hundreds of stalls and hawkers are allowed to do business in the beach and make it dirty. Probably you have not been there for long days. You may stay there but 10 visits in the city in recent years is enough to get an idea of the city. Garbage disposal is a matter the Chennai people are worried about that I gathered from city page of News Papers.
Even google will not agree with you-
http://cj.ibnlive.in.com/pix/cj/images/02-2008/da54762ec7cb8afb53981654f645873a_full.jpg

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Go to ----ing places and ---- is what you get, there are many other places, try Marina it's much cleaner than Mumbai's beech. I say try areas like Adyar,besant nagar, KKn, Ashok nagar etc you ll find better places.

Don't run your mouth just because u have had a glimpse of that city.
Why T nagar is a ****ing place? Doesn't this area give maximum revenue to the government? Doesnt it deserve more attention from the administration? I wonder the street connecting Usman Road and Mambalam station is bordered by big malls (Sharvana) but they maintain it as the dirtiest place on earth.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Marina beach is clean? Check up your vision buddy. It is one of the dirtiest place I have ever seen. Hundreds of stalls and hawkers are allowed to do business in the beach and make it dirty. Probably you have not been there for long days. You may stay there but 10 visits in the city in recent years is enough to get an idea of the city. Garbage disposal is a matter the Chennai people are worried about that I gathered from city page of News Papers.
Even google will not agree with you-
http://cj.ibnlive.in.com/pix/cj/images/02-2008/da54762ec7cb8afb53981654f645873a_full.jpg

Why don't you google the cleanliness of juhu beach :confused2:

here let me help you :-
Juhu Beach - Reviews, Photos - Dirty smelly and crowded - TripAdvisor

some comments from there :
I would not recommend this beach for visitors at all. I did not feel safe as it was so crowded. The sand and water was filthy and they place was smelly. Not a nice place to visit at all

horribly dirty beach. an absolute dumpyard. not worth it.
And here are views from the financial capital o four nation
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ldXoBw&usg=AFQjCNHWZo5WxvgVlAjzAKo2kJp_l9ricg

SPIEZ

Country flag
Why T nagar is a ****ing place? Doesn't this area give maximum revenue to the government? Doesnt it deserve more attention from the administration? I wonder the street connecting Usman Road and Mambalam station is bordered by big malls (Sharvana) but they maintain it as the dirtiest place on earth.
Answer for your question is because it's a commercial place, filled with shops, competition for land is greater.
Why visit Tnagar ?????
So many more posh places to live, have given you more than sufficient examples ?

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Answer for your question is because it's a commercial place, filled with shops, competition for land is greater.
Why visit Tnagar ?????
So many more posh places to live, have given you more than sufficient examples ?
My office is in T nagar....I preferred to live near. Triplicane is a better place near Marina beach and rooms are egood and cheaper but communication will be a problem especially at night. The bus that goes from T Nagar stand to Triplican travels whole city on the way and the autofare is very high. In Kolkata the taxi took Rs 200 from Howrah Station to my house in VIP road in early morning (30 kms; generally Rs 150 in meters during other time of day). You know how much an auto charge in Chennai for that distance?

I have nothing to do with Mumbai. I have never been there. Most of the cities have some places which are ugly like Burrabazar, Posta or Howrah in West Bengal. But surprisingly these are the areas which give maximum revenues to the State.

SPIEZ

Country flag
My office is in T nagar....I preferred to live near. Triplicane is a better place near Marina beach and rooms are egood and cheaper but communication will be a problem especially at night. The bus that goes from T Nagar stand to Triplican travels whole city on the way and the autofare is very high. In Kolkata the taxi took Rs 200 from Howrah Station to VIP road in early morning (30 kms; generally Rs 150 in meters during other time of day). You how much an auto charge in Chennai for that distance?

I have nothing to do with Mumbai. I have never been there. Most of the cities have some places which are ugly like Burrabazar, Posta or Howrah in West Bengal. But surprisingly these are the areas which give maximum revenues to the State.
Kolkata is a communist city, fares are bound to be cheaper :troll: Also chennai auto's are known for milking, nowadays a non ac call taxi/travel agent gives you a car @ much cheaper rates.

Param

The power supply is external, when the need comes JJ will shut it out hopefully, becuase she doesn't have to worry about elections for the upcoming period of time. :namaste:
Actually I expected her to get tough on the KKNPP issue soon after the Municipal elections in November.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Actually I expected her to get tough on the KKNPP issue soon after the Municipal elections in November.
She is getting tougher actually....!!!!! she did send the review committee din't she....???

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Iam perfectly correct its not about Audis and Land prices.Its about spending on essential facilities you can't raise bus charges,neither the electricity charges ,the middle class in TN is very very fiscially conservative.I do know a lot about TN
You are right there... Middle class in my state are MORONS.... They complain about the bus fare rise or electricity rise without using their Fu(king brain... they say that MK managed it without raising the fares... implying as though That Bald fu(ker was giving it from his pockets(he is unofficially the richest man in the asia if not the world)

These idiots dont even realise that if the fares are not raised then the Bus Corporation and the Electricity board will run at a loss, which has to be subsidised by the govt which means an indirect increase in the taxes which they themselves are gonna pay... Cant they even think this logical i mean seriously are they that RETARDED????

Whats more stupid is the upper middle class bashing the price rise even though they never travel by it.... Why are they worried about something which is beneficial for them...???? Because if there is increase in the Bus fares and Electricity fares so as to avoid loss and make the finances to break even then every one who uses the services will be made to pay instead of making the non users to pay for it to indirectly in form of taxes(for instance i dont travel in public transport, so does the majority who owns a bike, so why the hell should i pay extra tax so that some othr lazy Fu(ker can travel at lower cost)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We had Huuuuuge cut yesterday in Bangalore. I think it was for over 6 hours. Even my UPS died on me.

Tolaha

Could it be the state government's way of telling people as to how much new power plants (read 'nuclear') are required?

It's a conspiracy theory; Will be valid only if the power situation magically improves right after the protests die down! :)

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Could it be the state government's way of telling people as to how much new power plants (read 'nuclear') are required?

It's a conspiracy theory; Will be valid only if the power situation magically improves right after the protests die down! :)
Even I thought so!!!! Lets hope for the best

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
But if it was the old JJ, who i worshipped BTW, There would not have been any protests in the first place...

Now she has become more like MK( evan ekkedu kettu pona enakku enna, enakku varra vottu kuraya koodathu )

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Its pathetic our business in TN is going to go bust and pay the price for all this political and mental evangelist game.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Its pathetic our business in TN is going to go bust and pay the price for all this political and mental evangelist game.
In my uncle's city - Tirupur the entire garment industry is reeling from the severe powercuts and most of the companies are performing at 30-40% of the established capacity and are unable to fulfill the export commitments.

Because of their inability foreign buyers are turning towards countries like BD and Vietnam and we are loosing our market share faster than ever.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
In my uncle's city - Tirupur the entire garment industry is reeling from the severe powercuts and most of the companies are performing at 30-40% of the established capacity and are unable to fulfill the export commitments.

Because of their inability foreign buyers are turning towards countries like BD and Vietnam and we are loosing our market share faster than ever.
I am from Coimbatore as you know, we are also faceing the brunt of this man! :(

Economic down turn and now no power also? This will definitely kill more textile mill in Coimbatore, do they even care? All they want is TAX TAX TAX but they wont see all this. What can we do if those evangelist nut jobs block the Kundankullam project, why punish us. This is stupid.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag

and our governement is here helping BD,Nepal and Bhutan to generate electricity and our own people opposing Nuclear plant :tsk:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag

Economic down turn and now no power also? This will definitely kill more textile mill in Coimbatore, do they even care? All they want is TAX TAX TAX but they wont see all this. What can we do if those evangelist nut jobs block the Kundankullam project, why punish us. This is stupid.
Me too from CBE :) and yes govt must clearly crack down on the people opposing nuke plant it will give us at least 800MW i guess

KS

Bye bye DFI

yeah my mom told me that the announced power cut is for 8 hours and unofficial one extends for 10 hours or so. also she said mostly after 8 PM there is no power and that she could not watch her fav serials :cry:

Why should the Govt penalize us for the antics of these evangelist wackos. They should cut power for their elaborate rituals with all the loudspeakers every sundays and divert the power to homes.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
yeah my mom told me that the announced power cut is for 8 hours and unofficial one extends for 10 hours or so. also she said mostly after 8 PM there is no power and that she could not watch her fav serials :cry:

Why should the Govt penalize us for the antics of these evangelist wackos. They should cut power for their elaborate rituals with all the loudspeakers every sundays and divert the power to homes.
If they cut the power to all these churches in TN there will be enough power to run industry.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles