Post-Partition: India still owes Pakistan a little over Rs5.6b

Neo

The money you owe to India is 10 times more than what we owe to you ( if at all) so are you in a position to pay us that money?

Read my post #5
Afaik 300 crore is 3 billion.
Our claim is 5.6 billion.
Deduct 3 billion from 5.6 billion and you still owe us 2.6 billion.

Exchange rate 1948: 1 PKR = 118,5 INR. So

So even if our fig is in 1948 PKR and yours is in 1948 INR, you owe us big money. Right?

ladder

Country flag
Afaik 300 crore is 3 billion.
Our claim is 5.6 billion.
Deduct 3 billion from 5.6 billion and you still owe us 2.6 billion.

Exchange rate 1948: 1 PKR = 118,5 INR. So

So even if our fig is in 1948 PKR and yours is in 1948 INR, you owe us big money. Right?
Your claim in 1948 was PKR 490 million only. And our was INR 3 billion in 1948. So which is larger?

Your govt. is stating you the current value of the PKR 490 million which is PKR 5.6 billion.

But, we haven't adjusted our claim with interest and inflation and currency exchange. So, it's for you to calculate what is the current market value of Sum of money which was Rs. 3 billion in 1948.

What's so confusing for you to understand??

Neo

OK,

The present value of the amount India owes to Pakistan is 5.6 Billion Rupees ( already adjusted for inflation, interest and currency parity with India)

( In 1948 it was 490 million Rupees)

But, the value Pakistan owes to India in 1948/49 is 300 crore or 3 Billion Rupees. Indian govt. has not put interest or adjusted for inflation.
So, the Rs. 3 billion value will balloon if adjust fort the same as Pakistan has done.

The 5.6 billion is $ 56 million dollars if original value is in PKR or just above $ 100 million if original value is in INR. So, the amount can be paid. India has the capacity to pay.

Now, think Rs. 300 crore is $50 million ( ( under current conversion value) ) so, adjust it for inflation and interest and find the value, you owe to India.
Excuse my ignorance but how did you come to this 300 crore claim? It's not mentioned in the article.
Did I mis something?

ladder

Country flag
Thank you. What is the value of 300 crore today?

It will be a difficult think to calculate without knowing the interest rate or inflation value to be put.

But a simpler but erogenous way to calculate would be to calculate using the ratio of the value that Pakistan govt. has provided.

The original 490 million plummeted to 5.56 billion, so a rise by multiple of 11.34 times.

so, doing the same for Rs. 300 cr would be 34.02 billion rupees.

Now, adjusting it for currency exchange would be anywhere between 0.6x--x--1.6x.

Neo

If that figure is correct, Pakistan should pay half or 45% of it with BD paying the rest.

But I am sure that figs privided are not correct. We would not be claiming if we owed you more.
I first heard about it ten years ago but have never seen authentic documents or claims.

ladder

Country flag
If that figure is correct, Pakistan should pay half or 45% of it with BD paying the rest.

But I am sure that figs privided are not correct. We would not be claiming if we owed you more.
I first heard about it ten years ago but have never seen authentic documents or claims.
You never claimed it in the first place. Your SBP release the data, and put the onus on your govt. to take it with India, which they haven't, surprised why?
You can drag us to ICJ if you want, and @Blackwater has put it, it's just 40 miles from your place.

When you have to pay, you bring in Bangladesh, but when claiming you are claiming the whole value. Typical Pakistani.
Coming to Bangladesh, the claim of 5.56 billion Rupees too should claim 45-50% of the value not the whole. ( Your argument)

But, I have to look into a few details before I comment, on the your claim of Bangladesh. Also have to include if Asset reorganization has taken place between Pakistan and Bangladesh.

So, when are you paying? Should pay at the earliest when you receive next trance of Saudi fund of $1.5 Billion

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

You never claimed it in the first place. Your SBP release the data, and put the onus on your govt. to take it with India, which they haven't, surprised why?
You can drag us to ICJ if you want, and @Blackwater has put it, it's just 40 miles from your place.

When you have to pay, you bring in Bangladesh, but when claiming you are claiming the whole value. Typical Pakistani.
Coming to Bangladesh, the claim of 5.56 billion Rupees too should claim 45-50% of the value not the whole. ( Your argument)

But, I have to look into a few details before I comment, on the your claim of Bangladesh. Also have to include if Asset reorganization has taken place between Pakistan and Bangladesh.

So, when are you paying? Should pay at the earliest when you receive next trance of Saudi fund of $1.5 Billion
I thought Bangladesh was first mentioned by you or some other poster. Anyway, if Indian claim is.legit we must pay and vice versa.

ladder

Country flag
I thought Bangladesh was first mentioned by you or some other poster. Anyway, if Indian claim is.legit we must pay and vice versa.
I had mentioned Bangladesh! back in the post #5, But, have to check International laws.

But, if Bangladesh is involved, then would be both for assets and liabilities, is what I am saying.

ninja85

What is the value of the amount today in US dollars?
I am guessing that it will be huge. Can India aford to pay this kind of money?
how would you like to take it pakibeggars cash or cheque. :rofl::laugh::lol:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
@ninja85 @Blackwater @Voldemort If you guys cannot have a decent conversation with @Neo like @ladder had here, then please keep off and do not confront each other at all.

We will not keep cleaning posts forever, there will be permanent bans going forward.

Reactions: Neo

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles