Pop tarts and Skittles are labelled Haram by Pakistan government

Rushil51

Country flag
19 imported food items deemed ‘Haram’ – The Express Tribune

A government official presented on Monday a list of 19 imported items containing 'Haram' ingredients being sold in the country to a National Assembly committee.

Science and Technology Additional Secretary Muhammad Ejaz Mian brought forward the recommendation of the Pakistan Halal Authority, which regulates trade, imports and exports to prevent Haram products from being sold in the country.

The official upheld the ministry has no authority to prevent the sale of these items.

Here is a list of the 19 items termed 'Haram':

1) Three brands of Skittles (UK)

2) Bubblicious (UK)

3) Chupa Bubble (Holland)

4) Pascual Yogikids (Spain)

5) Knorr Chicken Soup (France)

6) Pasta Chicken Broccoli (USA)

7) Slima Soup (UK)

8) Picnic Chicken (USA)

9) Cup A Soup (UK)

10) Tulip Chicken (Denmark)

11) Jell-O (US)

12) Rice Chicken Broccoli (USA)

13) Pasta Creamy Chicken (US)

14) Heinz Dinner Chicken (England)

15) Pop Tarts (USA)

16) Two brands of Chicken Tonight (Holland)

The items have been termed 'Haram' as they contain wines, gelatin and E120 (animal-based food colour) ingredients. While other items that may contain chicken which allegedly has not been slaughtered as per Islamic regulations have added to this list because of their 'doubtful' ingredients. Some other items which could not be ascertained as Halal or Haram have also been placed on the list.

A draft of the bill seeking a mandate to prevent the sale of the food items has also been submitted to the cabinet and Council of Common Interests for approval. Once accepted, the items will not be sold in the country.

Neo

I'm surprised that these items were cleared for import in the first place. Common man has no or little knowledge of what E-120 or gelatine is made off. If it's sold in the local super market, one assumes that it is halal.

anupamsurey

Country flag
it comes from the same country, which was debating about mangoes (whether it is haram or halal). the best argument was it is haram because it is not mentioned in quran:rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder when they behead people, do they do it the hallal way, i.e. Dhabīḥah?

'Slaughter' is, in Islamic law, the prescribed method of ritual slaughter of all animals excluding locusts, fish, and most sea-life. This method of slaughtering animals consists of a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the throat, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact.

The precise details of the slaughtering method arise from Islamic tradition educated by Muhammad, himself. It is used to comply with the conditions stated in the Qur'an:

Forbidden for you are carrion, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that which has been slaughtered while proclaiming the name of any other than God, and one killed by strangling, and one killed with blunt weapons, and one which died by falling, and that which was gored by the horns of some animal, and one eaten by a wild beast, except those whom you slaughter; and that which is slaughtered at the altar and that which is distributed by the throwing of arrows [for an omen]; this is an act of sin.

—al-Māʼidah 5:3

Homosexuality is banned in Islam

Allah Most High says: "Do you approach the males of humanity, leaving the wives that Allah has created for you? But you are a people who transgress" Koran (26:165-66)

(1) The Prophet (saws) said: (1) "Kill the one who sodomizes and the one who lets if be done to him." (Tirmidhi, a sahih (authentic) hadith)

(2) "May Allah curse him who does that Lot's people did." (Ibn Hibban, sahih (authentic))

(3) "Lesbianism by women is adultery between them." (Tabarani, sahih)"

Taken from the Reliance of the Traveller, transltaed by Nuh Ha Mim Keller, p 664-665.

There are a lot more Hadiths on the issue, and the issue of what is to be done with one who commits sodomy or lesbianism. I will not deal with these now in this post. All I wanted to do was to show that the position of Islam on this issue is that it is an enormity (kaba'ir), and therefore, forbidden, (haram). May Allah (The Exalted) protect us.
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm
But Pakistanis dote on Beef.

Cattle are known to have homosexual affinity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Anyone checks if it is a homosexual cow that is being eaten in Pakistan? Is that beef 'hallal'?

Last edited:

bennedose

News reports say that Pakistanis are nowadays eating dog meat and donkey meat. I tell ya there can be no connoisseur like a Pakistan gourmet!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
News reports say that Pakistanis are nowadays eating dog meat and donkey meat. I tell ya there can be no connoisseur like a Pakistan gourmet!
:shocked:

They have come to this sorry state?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles