Poor roads cause loss of Rs 87500 crore annually

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Almost all of India's problems can be traced back to an inadequate, non existent or severely dilapidated infrastructure. All of this "India shining" nonsense is just that... nonsense without an adequate infrastructure. However year after year, or rather decade after decade the government has chosen not to commit to this critical cause. I'm sure there are many reasons ranging from corruption to lack of land reform. Either way as long as this problem is not solved India will very much remain the third world country it is.

Blackwater

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I saw in Discovery/NGC about a road builder company in US which has a impressive technology where there is no need to overlay a new layer of road, instead it heats up the existing road and recycles the material itself with min amount of new material.

Has any of those Indian govt official explored that??? :frusty:

If this is used in India we can save billions which we waste each year on making new roads which turn into potholes with an year.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
how many you pays road tax and how much ????? jaisa system waise roads
That's the biggest rubbish I have heard. Every vehicle owner has to pay road tax whether his area has roads or not.

Even then why the hell do you think we pay income tax¿¿¿¿ so that govt officials and netas can rob it from us¿¿¿:tsk:

SLASH

how many you pays road tax and how much ????? jaisa system waise roads
Everyone has to pay registration tax. On luxury cars there is an additional tax. We also pay toll tax for highways and entry fee to enter any major city of tourist spot. Money is taken for everything. Thankfully road quality on the National highways has improved ever since BOT and PPP model have started.

It is the state highways that are awfully bad. Very few states can boast of good roads.

Blackwater

Everyone has to pay registration tax. On luxury cars there is an additional tax. We also pay toll tax for highways and entry fee to enter any major city of tourist spot. Money is taken for everything. Thankfully road quality on the National highways has improved ever since BOT and PPP model have started.

It is the state highways that are awfully bad. Very few states can boast of good roads.
see, u pay road tax once when u buy car not after that right ?? We in Holland pay every month. I pay for my 2.5 litre diesel A4 audi 110 euros per month.

When u pay toll tax in India roads are generally good.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
see, u pay road tax once when u buy car not after that right ?? We in Holland pay every month. I pay for my 2.5 litre diesel A4 audi 110 euros per month.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:playball:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

The toll tax roads are good only because they are maintained in private hands and not because of toll. The toll is collected to get back the money invested by the private company and to maintained it. Nonsense about it is that we pay toll tax in addition to the road tax

What is the average income of Holland? What is the cost of laying road there? Compare it with India then talk. And IIRC we pay 16000Rs. Per year for innova -Toyota. Not to mention the luxury taxes and other shit.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
probably when when we see our grand kids:D

Seriously though to change from present shit state to OK levels ten years. But to the level found in EU or USA then twenty years solid:(

BangersAndMash

probably when when we see our grand kids:D

Seriously though to change from present shit state to OK levels ten years. But to the level found in EU or USA then twenty years solid:(
I'll still be alive and kicking then, so when I come to India in 10 and 20 years time, when I see it with my own two eyes, is when I'll believe it.....because THIS IS INDIA!!!

SLASH

I'll still be alive and kicking then, so when I come to India in 10 and 20 years time, when I see it with my own two eyes, is when I'll believe it.....because THIS IS INDIA!!!
So we work our a$$ off so that you can enjoy our road after 10-20 years...:D

BangersAndMash

So we work our a$$ off so that you can enjoy our road after 10-20 years...:D
No, you work your a$$ off, for it to be stolen by your "elected" leaders, that's why I can't enjoy decent roads in India today! I hope I can enjoy your roads in 10-20 years time, that is if India doesn't just talk the talk, but walks the walk!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No, you work your a$$ off, for it to be stolen by your "elected" leaders, that's why I can't enjoy decent roads in India today! I hope I can enjoy your roads in 10-20 years time, that is if India doesn't just talk the talk, but walks the walk!
Well said man too bad I can't give a like from this mobile version

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles