Poll: should we have normal Shout box for chatting ?

Do you want old Shout box for chat ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
DFI encourages people to post which is what the forum is for. The chat box is good for everyone as its tucked away in a corner and all the regular users know about it. I think it's a win win. May be we can consider making a separate button for it than having it under quick links.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Please bring back the Shout Box, if thats what the members want.

H.A.

DFI encourages people to post which is what the forum is for. The chat box is good for everyone as its tucked away in a corner and all the regular users know about it. I think it's a win win. May be we can consider making a separate button for it than having it under quick links.
I second you Yusuf, infact i even sent a mail to LB and Singh regarding this, Please refer with them as to what they think about it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Chat box is flop box hardly anyone come to chat box, members are not even aware about its existence.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
at least they should put banner in SB for Chat box link, let members know it exists

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
bring back the old shoutbox; period.

new shoutbox is just a joke....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Bhai log, please give time. We will get the new SB like the old one but in a different page. Link to that page will be put up in a separate button. Let us sort other issues especially the ones that have come about since we are under constant DDOS attacks.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
whole point of it is that its on main page...

it is like tahirr square in egypt...if bloody square was somewhere obscure then mubarak would still be ruling with an iron fist.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Sbox on front page, visible to all will probably not happen. It gets filled with profane and juvenile comments.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Sbox on front page, visible to all will probably not happen. It gets filled with profane and juvenile comments.
is this a valid excuse? com'on baba, you can do better than that.

baba, why would you change something that's is working just about fine and which is loved by everybody on this forum? if somebody is posting un-acceptable comments on SB then ban his rights to access shoutbox in future. it is as simple as that.

India needs to be freed of congress.....
.... DFI needs to be freed of lurker baba and his antics

SpArK

SORCERER
Old one was good.. moderate it to oust profanities and bad mouthing.. if incapable.. find capable guys..
No need to run away out of insecurities. shows the incapability.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Are you afraid that high ranks like Kapil Sibal or some IAS will not join your forum if they see SB? Do you know they dont even know how to operate a computer at their age? Ask anyone above 50yrs old to find DFI on the net and they will give you a blank stare and you will get what i mean.

Then the youth who come to this forum clearly have no objections at SB. As Messiah suggested make SB visible for privileged member's.

Why do you want to throw away your USP? How is your personal opinion better than what the majority feel?

SpArK

SORCERER
Are you afraid that high ranks like Kapil Sibal or some IAS will not join your forum if they see SB? Do you know they dont even know how to operate a computer at their age? Ask anyone above 50yrs old to find DFI on the net and they will give you a blank stare and you will get what i mean.

Then the youth who come to this forum clearly have no objections at SB. As Messiah suggested make SB visible for privileged member's.

Why do you want to throw away your USP? How is your personal opinion better than what the majority feel?
:thumb: :thumb:

You said it.. High five

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
whole point of it is that its on main page...

it is like tahirr square in egypt...if bloody square was somewhere obscure then mubarak would still be ruling with an iron fist.
You plan to overthrow DFI?:shocked:

Nagraj

O boy am i the only one who voted no?
In that case i have some explanation to do .

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
:thumb: :thumb:

You said it.. High five
:high5::high5::high5:

But they are waiting for Manmohan type people to join DFI!! So we should all act very mature all the time so that we can impress the aged people who cant even type a sentence to join DFI! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles