Politicians stay away, but India cannot forget

NikSha

[/COLOR]

Dont u have any other job than copy and pasting this story all over this forum? I admit its a good one but dont ruin it by repeating it all the time. 2nd time on this same thread for god sake!

What he's posting is far more interesting and useful than YOU going around posting that same crap about PM paying "respect" which I replied to in the other thread being a load of crap.

Ignorance is bliss up there in fairyland for you? :bye: Must be a Congress supporter then..

Also, while you're at it, stop quoting large posts just to reply with two lines.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
xebex Ray is a Ex service personnel could you be a tad bit respectful to the old man if you can

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
xebex

I don't wish to banter in the cyberspace, but I thought one should put the issue in the correct perspective.

I don't have to know you personally or impersonally or in any form that you exist.

Your words speak for you!

I am sure you post here your views.

Unlike you, I don't revel in the blanket of anonymity. Most here are aware of my antecedents.

It was not a personal attack. It was a sense of wonderment that there are people who are not aware how to honour the sacrifices of the very men whose sacrifices allowed one to rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that they thus provided. One wonders why they sacrificed their lives for such insensitive people.

Unlike you, I witnessed their sacrifices on the very soil the heroes of Kargil were honoured. Hence, my anguish at the insensitivity of those, including our PM and others, for whom they sacrificed their lives!

Are you aware that the PM could find it fit to waste taxpayers’ (that includes me) money by going all the way to France to attend the Bastille Day or Fête Nationale celebrations that commemorates the 1790 Fête de la Fédération, held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on 14 July 1789, which has nothing to do with India? And yet, he could not go to Dras to honour India’s own dead! Rather unfortunate!

And you say that laying a wreath by the PM at Amar Jawan Jyoti is adequate?! If that is adequate, then could the Honourable PM not go to the French Embassy and sign the Book rather than going on the jaunt to Paris at the taxpayer’ expense? The signing of the Book in Delhi would have been more than adequate since the Bastille Day has not a modicum of connection with India! Or are you of the opinion that the Bastille Day is more important than Vijay Diwas at Dras?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
xebex Ray is a Ex service personnel could you be a tad bit respectful to the old man if you can
Thanks.

It is true I am a retired serviceman with adequate combat service under my belt.

Like the heroes of Op Vijay, while our existence may appear grotesque and incomprehensible to some, but it saves the country.

I know deep down in places the uncaring dont want us on that wall that protects them unsung and yet they need us on that wall. We use words like nam, namak, nishan, Bharat Mata (Mother India). We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something that we cherish. The insensitive use them as a punchline.

To be frank, I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to such people.

Adequate is this poem below:

Scratched into the wall of a sentry box on the Island of Gibraltar is an unsigned message from a soldier.

God and the Soldier, all men adore,
In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted,
God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
sir on behalf of xebex i say sorry and if we have hurted you in any way we are extremly sorry for that

regards

Kiran

(F-14)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
sir on behalf of xebex i say sorry and if we have hurted you in any way we are extremly sorry for that

regards

Kiran

(F-14)
Thanks.

No, I am not hurt!

I am made of sterner stuff!

I am astrounded and that is all!

Thanks once again.

Though OT, the same PM has landed us in hot waters.
Pak Army Chief EXploits Balochistan Bungle

I might as well add, I have no political preference.

I had written a poem 'Patriotic Schizophrenia', which was much acclaimed on this very attitude of indifference.

The last stanza reads:
Memorials in gratitude stand,
Mossed with age and rain.
Forgotten by all,
Except by the passing baldderful dog!

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i have always wondered next time a war happens we should send these morons (i mean politicans to the Border and when one of them gets a bullet preferable a 50 Cal in his or her abdomin or head lets see how they deal with it

here is a quote from what a major Joshi Vikram Batra's CO said to barka dutt

" in war all soldiers wather us or them ( the enemy) do feel scared and think about our famalies but then we learn to override that fear and erase our famalies from our memory to do our job"

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
[/COLOR]

Dont u have any other job than copy and pasting this story all over this forum? I admit its a good one but dont ruin it by repeating it all the time. 2nd time on this same thread for god sake!
bud, take it easy, unlike our politicians we the indians and at DFI do not intend to disrespect out armed forces officials and least that be attempted in any which way. if you do not concur with the view points presented then you have the option of making strong arguments but there is no need to pass the comments that have a personal orientation to it and in case you find something objectionable you always have the option to report the post.

as we have always maintained, it is never about the individual so least we make attempts trying to do that.

henceforth it will be deeply appreciated that while addressing our armed forces officials and the rest of the members there is a sense of respect with which they get addressed.

thanks.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
"the sowds change to rifles the horses changed to Tanks the only thing constant is the solider who fights for the regiment ,the colors ,the ashes of his forfathers and his land"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles