Politicians stay away, but India cannot forget

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
name salt and the flag

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
but sir what would you say to armchair soilders like me who want to serve the nation of real i am planning to try for the IAS what do you think please enlighten me

NikSha

I don't think it is anything to do with the Next Gen.

They will follow where there is the Holy Grail and it is not money alone. It is honour, dignity and respect from society.

The IAS gets excellent people even now, so does the IFS. Why? They have honour, dignity and perks (need not be money or even material).

Give back the honour and dignity to the Services and rid the Police of political control (mainly in posting and promotions) and you will have a ticking govt instruments of governance.

My granduncle was an ICS and a Chief Secretary of a State. I was in school then. I asked him how come he did not take a bribe. He said he was so well paid and so well looked after by the Govt and had all the honour bestowed on him for his service by the govt and by the people that there was no requirement to take a bribe!

Do note that his reasons weren't limited to serving the people. It's all about money in the end. You can lure ANYONE to the right post - according to their skills of course - with a huge pile of cash. Like politicians, like actors..

It's all about cash. No one these days will do anything just to serve country or people. I mean look at places like Punjab, their kids grow up to leave India and see it as a sign of status, nothing to do with country or serving people afterwards, it's all about where the better life "already exists" for them (not saying all of them do, we have great soldiers from that state still serving, but most do, statistically proven, just search around).

Anyways, I agree with what you are saying, but giving back honour to getting rid of corruption won't mean jack to people these days. My whole family has pretty much served in Air Force, but I sure as hell won't just like my sister didn't, there are better avenues out there with more bling bling (only gets worse with the next-gen, after us that is, it ain't changing).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well, I would not know really if money is what people are after.

But then, I have chidren who are doing well and monied, but then they regret not having joined the Army.

My own brother, who is in the US, a double PhD, and a earning plenty, regrets that I, being the elder, was to join the Army as per my father's decision.

NikSha

If you want to do something, do it. Life's too short for regrets and following orders. If you can't even do that, then you are definitely not good for making decisions out where people get shot by a random stray bullet.

I don't think I am good enough, so I won't. No excuses from me (any regrets? I am working on games based on Kargil to every possible war scenario, doing my part one way or another).

Avinash R

Which national party?

Schools are not political parties.

Where was the main celebrations?

First, they don't attend the architect of the 1971 victory, FM Sam Bahadur's funeral and now they practically ignore Kargil victory and one fool politician, Rashid Alvi of the INC, states that they are not celebrating because it is BJP's war.
The first ceremony i attended was held at the local bjp office and in the afternoon i was at a function at the local congress office. All through the day many functions were held in schools,colleges and local party offices. I could not attend all of them. Even the local autorickshaw group held a small ceremony at the market place. So people of all classes still remember and honour our kargil heroes.

And do understand that the local congress partymen are also angry at their national leaders for not doing enough to honour the kargil martyrs but that doesn't mean we start blaming all politicans.

The Army fights for the Nation and NOT for political parties!!
Agree but for few politicans defending the indefensible remarks of their party member is more important than the nation which is really sad and a poor reflection on their charcaters.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If you want to do something, do it. Life's too short for regrets and following orders. If you can't even do that, then you are definitely not good for making decisions out where people get shot by a random stray bullet.

I don't think I am good enough, so I won't. No excuses from me (any regrets? I am working on games based on Kargil to every possible war scenario, doing my part one way or another).
Not understood.

What do you expect to be done by the Armed Forces?

What random bullet? And what decision do you expect against random. Random means unexpected. Can one protect one from the unexpected? Can you predict you will meet with an accident?

Games on Kargil?

But you have to understand Kargil!

Really, I am bewildered as to what you are meaning.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Not understood.

What do you expect to be done by the Armed Forces?

What random bullet? And what decision do you expect against random. Random means unexpected. Can one protect one from the unexpected? Can you predict you will meet with an accident?

Games on Kargil?

But you have to understand Kargil!

Really, I am bewildered as to what you are meaning.

If you feel that the lives lost requires no rememberance, so be it!

The Indian Armed Forces should know of such views so that they know they are merely wasting their time and lives.

They will then take it easy and look busy!

Why should they put their lives at stake?

For who?

Earn you pay and take it easy as all govt servants do!

NikSha

What? I think you misunderstood pretty much all of my post (and tbh I am confused about your reply).

Also, no one really "understands" Kargil here. It's war, you can spend your lifetime understanding whatever you want but it comes down to few men in power who want more. There's no deeper meaning or answers.

Anyways, I am just pissed off at the pathetic excuse of government and PM since they can't be arsed to show some respect to martyrs over a submarine. That's it, end of discussion for me.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I was in Kargil during the Ops and so I understand a little! ;)

p2prada

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I was in Kargil during the Ops and so I understand a little! ;)
I think Niksha is referring to a video game based on Kargil he's developing and he's probably being sarcastic about the random bullet.

@Niksha: I would love to play that mate. So, when's it gonna be out?

p2prada

And the worst part was when one of the Congress party functionaries in a news interview to a leading channel described Vijay Diwas as "BJP's War" and so the BJP should be celebrating and not the country...

Can anybody give me three good reasons why this fellow should not be jailed ???
Too bad he cannot be jailed. He is a Member of Parliament. They are bigger than the law.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
i would like to strip him naked in sechian and make him stand there for 98 hrs at a trot

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Such a reaction is highly dissapointing.
I would have expected a better reaction from them.
While the nation rejoices at the anniversary of our victory, some MoP's prefer to sit and sulk, as if they wanted the outcome of the war to be the other way, so that they could blame everything on the BJP.

Let them not mar the joyous mood, remember the heroes who fought a selfless battle and pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the process.

The Kargil war sent a resonating message to the world. "Do not misunderstand our pursuit of peace as a weakness. We are ready, we are strong, and ready to take on any aggressor who sets a foot in the motherland."

Tamil

Country flag
We need a true People and Nation Loving Chancellor to RULE India, other then the polluted, drainage water, virus of India are the politicians of India will be DOOMED

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
We need a true People and Nation Loving Chancellor to RULE India, other then the polluted, drainage water, virus of India are the politicians of India will be DOOMED
We don't appreciate what we have until it's gone. Freedom is like that.
Change your paradigm mate, Hitler and Stalin were nation lovers. They were seduced by the power their nation offered to them.

Its better to think and then post.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Too bad he cannot be jailed. He is a Member of Parliament. They are bigger than the law.
If I remember my Civics textbook right, an MP can be jailed... but there are some procedures to be followed...

Maybe Saya or some other legal expert can elaborate on this...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We don't appreciate what we have until it's gone. Freedom is like that.
Change your paradigm mate, Hitler and Stalin were nation lovers. They were seduced by the power their nation offered to them.

Its better to think and then post.

The danger is that if those with the wherewithal gets too upset things can go wrong.

That is my fear!

xebex

You have had to be in Op Vijay to understand the sacrifices and the horrors.

Since you were not there, you will not understand.
I was mentioning to other member that, just like Republic Day PM paid tribute at Amar Jawan Jyothi for all the men who sacrificed their life for India.Amar Jawan Jyothi respresent what it means. end of the story and u are jumping on me with your third rate PERSONAL ATTACK?? how dare you quoting against me saying "I wish there were less insensitive Indians like you(me)"??? Do u know me personally?How do u know if i was there or not?. Dont give me ur BS if u dont know anything about me and my background, I dont give a damn about who u are what u are. I just dont care.alright?

A nation that does not respect their heroes, shall surely have to pay a high price someday. Fortunately, the Indian soldier still loves his Nation and can bear the slights.

If you read Lt Gen Lakhera's (Governor of Mizoram) Towrds Resurgent India, he writes that when he had gone as the Deputy Leader of the Indian Delegation to take part in the 50th Anniversary Celebrations of victory of Allies over Germany, he and four others were waiting to cross the road to the vehicle park after the Inaugeral addess. Amongst those waiting was also Hony Capt Umrao Singh who was a Victoria Cross winner.

Suddenly a car came to a stop and a well dressed gentleman stepped out. He walked across and approached Umrao Singh and said, "Sir, may I have the privilege to shake the hand with the Victoria Cross?" He shook the hand. Evidently, he had spotted Umrao Singh's VC from his car and stopped to pay respect to the winner of the highest gallantry mesdal of his country. Then, he looked at Gen Lakhera and said, "General, you are from the Indian Army/" While I replied in the affirmative, he gave his name - he was Micheal Hasseltime. It dawned on Gen Lakhera that this was none other than the Deputy PM of UK!

Gen Lakhera was overwhelmed by the courtesy shown by the second highest dignitary of the country! He thanked the Deputy PM for having invited the Indians to participate.

MIcheal Hasseltine replied, "General, it is we the British, who should be grateful to your country and your Armed Forces, who helped us ot win both WWi and WWII. How can we be so ungrateful to forget your country's great contribution?"

Since all traffic had stopped, Gen Lakhera drew his attention to this fact. Hasseltine replied, "How dare I drive off when a Victoria Cross has to cross the road?" Hasseltine waited and watched the Victoria Cross cross the road and then he entered his car and drove off.

Gen Lakhera regrets that such courtsey ahd honour is not shown to the PVCs and others by our leaders!
I enjoyed reading it.

That is the difference.

As is it very few are joining the Army. But with such negligence and neglect, the situation will worsen and may become a crisis!

But then, you will not understand since you have not seen war and its horrors and seen the sacrifices made with their lives.

A mother said of her slained son:

You are a soldier saving our world,
But you are a world to us!
Are u questioning my patriotism mister??

I wish there were less insensitive Indians like you and our 'leaders'.
Man u dont know a sh!t about me and are jumping on me saying " less insensitive indians like me?",If i say "I wish if u werent born", what u think about that huh?? If u have any problem with our politicians or anybody deal with them straight alright, not with somebody u dont know. and never ever come to me again with this kind of attitude.EVER.....u feel me???:((

[Fortunately, most Indians don't think like you!
how do u know that? u have a god given power to read 1.1 Billion people's mind. I dont care who u are but this aint gonna work here. If u have anypoint to make...make it like a Man with proofs and evidences NOT WITH PERSONAL ATTACKS. If u dont....just back off!

BTW, the Amar Jyoti is a British Memorial for the dead in the British times.

Free India's govt does not have a memorial in its national capital for those who sacrificed their lives for Free India!!
Thanks for the info.:suicide_fool-edit:

Your 'which is the holy ground of ALL the brave soldiers of Mother India' is mere holllow platitude. It lacks substance and sincerity.
As of today "Amar Jawan Jyothi respresent ALL the Indian soldiers who sacrificed their lives, I callenge u if u can proove me wrong on this, otherwise why the hell we go to Amar Jawan Jyothi for every republic day and 1.1 Billion people sit there and watch with proud other than protesting "Its built by brittish" just like u just said. Its not about who built it....Its about for whom built it. If u have any problem with government paying tribute to Amar Jawan Jyothi instead of a new war memorial then PROTEST IN PUBLIC AGAINST GOVERNMENT FOR A NEW WAR MEMORIAL as a citizen, as a man with ballz other than mesing with somebody u dont know.Period

xebex

The British Army is in shambles and so they are no longer what they were.

We are not British at all, but the good aspects are still preserved but fading. What was in my father's time when he was in the Army, it is but a ghost of those times.

Now compare our politicians on Vijay Diwas with:

If you read Lt Gen Lakhera's (Governor of Mizoram) Towrds Resurgent India, he writes that when he had gone as the Deputy Leader of the Indian Delegation to take part in the 50th Anniversary Celebrations of victory of Allies over Germany, he and four others were waiting to cross the road to the vehicle park after the Inaugeral addess. Amongst those waiting was also Hony Capt Umrao Singh who was a Victoria Cross winner.

Suddenly a car came to a stop and a well dressed gentleman stepped out. He walked across and approached Umrao Singh and said, "Sir, may I have the privilege to shake the hand with the Victoria Cross?" He shook the hand. Evidently, he had spotted Umrao Singh's VC from his car and stopped to pay respect to the winner of the highest gallantry mesdal of his country. Then, he looked at Gen Lakhera and said, "General, you are from the Indian Army/" While I replied in the affirmative, he gave his name - he was Micheal Hasseltime. It dawned on Gen Lakhera that this was none other than the Deputy PM of UK!

Gen Lakhera was overwhelmed by the courtesy shown by the second highest dignitary of the country! He thanked the Deputy PM for having invited the Indians to participate.

MIcheal Hasseltine replied, "General, it is we the British, who should be grateful to your country and your Armed Forces, who helped us ot win both WWi and WWII. How can we be so ungrateful to forget your country's great contribution?"

Since all traffic had stopped, Gen Lakhera drew his attention to this fact. Hasseltine replied, "How dare I drive off when a Victoria Cross has to cross the road?" Hasseltine waited and watched the Victoria Cross cross the road and then he entered his car and drove off.

Gen Lakhera regrets that such courtsey ahd honour is not shown to the PVCs and others by our leaders!

I am not saying mollycoddle the Armed Forces. I am saying give them back their honour and dignity.

If you treat people as scum, your result from such scum will be equally noxious!

Why do you think the IAS moves around with elan? Polticians will not dare meddle with them. They know the ins and outs of their shady activities!

Dont u have any other job than copy and pasting this story all over this forum? I admit its a good one but dont ruin it by repeating it all the time. 2nd time on this same thread for god sake!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles