Political galli gossip, misc & etc

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by nrupatunga, May 14, 2013.

1. tarunraju

tarunraju Sanathan Pepe Moderator

That's the plan. Let Jagan become an alpha ape, and then swoop by to win 2024.

2. vampyrbladez

vampyrbladez Senior Member Senior Member

By then the damage may exceed tolerable limits!

3. indiatester

indiatester Senior Member Senior Member

https://www.financialexpress.com/in...es-were-my-ideas-says-yashwant-sinha/1643809/

NDA’s flagship NHDP & PMGSY schemes were my ideas, says Yashwant Sinha
    By: PTI |
    Published: July 14, 2019 5:37:38 PM
    The diplomat-turned-politician held the finance and external affairs portfolios in former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee's cabinet between 1998 and 2004.
    [​IMG]Sinha, who quit the BJP last year, claimed that the PMGSY scheme was also his idea. (PTI photo)
    The NDA government’s flagship projects — National Highway Development Project (NHDP) and Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) — were my ideas, claims former Union minister Yashwant Sinha as he called out his then colleagues for “unfairly” misappropriating his ideas to themselves.

The diplomat-turned-politician held the finance and external affairs portfolios in former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s cabinet between 1998 and 2004. He also served as the finance minister under the leadership of former prime minister Chandra Shekhar during the brief period of 1990-91.

Also read: Karnataka BJP asks HD Kumaraswamy to resign immediately

“The national highway project was entirely my idea. For me, it (NHDP) was not a new thought. I had nurtured it from the time I had been posted in Germany in the 1970s. Germany is famous for its autobahns (a federal controlled-access highway system),” writes Sinha in his recently out autobiography “Relentless”. “I had resolved way back then that I would bring similar autobahns to India whenever I had the chance,” he said.

Launched in 1998, the NHDP aimed at upgrading, rehabilitating and widening major highways in India to a higher standard. It includes the Golden Quadrilateral connecting four metropolises besides the North-South Corridor connecting Srinagar to Kanyakumari and the East-West Corridor joining Porbandar to Silchar.

Sinha, who quit the BJP last year, claimed that the PMGSY scheme was also his idea. In the book, he recollects his meeting with Vajpayee where he first suggested him of starting a new scheme for the construction of rural roads and earmarking separate funds for the same.

“I had even suggested that the programme be named Atal Bihari Vajpayee Gram Sadak Yojana. Though Vajpayee accepted the idea, he rejected the suggestion to name the scheme after him,” he says. The “resounding success” of the rural roads scheme, officially launched in 2000, argues Sinha, has led to many “fake paternity claims”. “They are all wrong. Some of these ‘fake fathers’ may have been involved in the design or implementation of the scheme, but the scheme itself was not conceived by them,” he said.

Sinha (81) also talked about how his civil service background taught him to remain anonymous. “It was already an ingrained part of my nature when I joined politics, so I never went out of my way to seek publicity. “Many people did tell me that I had to learn to ‘manage media in a challenging world’, but I was loath to do so,” he recalled, adding he was “wrong then” and may be even “more wrong today”. Though “hurt” that others tried to take credit of what was originally his ideas, Sinha in the autobiography, makes it clear that never once did he mind Vajpayee taking credit of it as the veteran leader was not only the “head of the government” but also “our tallest leader”.

“In course of time, this (NHDP) emerged as a flagship programme of the Vajpayee government, and full credit was given to the PM for launching it. I did not mind, nor did I ever claim it as entirely my idea,” he writes. Published by Bloomsbury India, “Relentless” claims to be a compelling read for Sinha’s commentary on politics, religion, democracy and its institutions, as well as his family, personal struggle and a relentless pursuit of bigger dreams.

4. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Veteran Member Senior Member

Ha ha... when people say Amit shah is Chanakya, I don’t usually take it seriously...

In Lok sabha right now...

NIA amendment bill is under discussion now, when it came to voting may said yes and few said no via voice vote . Amit shah immediately says “there should be division of benches and country needs to know who is against NIA bill by voting”.

After 5 mins congress LOP says no need for manual voting, everybody supports the bill.

You should see Amit shah’s mischievous grin..

Manual voting goes ahead anyways...

5. ezsasa

So now there is a physical proof of 6 MP’s who voted against NIA bill with their signatures on a piece of paper.

Interesting to know who are these 6.

aditya10r, uoftotaku, indus and 2 others like this.
  6. vampyrbladez

vampyrbladez Senior Member Senior Member

Tirana TV has gone down with Barkha Bibi in tow. Sibal made crores and has absconded to London with the loot!

:biggrin2:

aditya10r, VIP, uoftotaku and 5 others like this.
  7. Coalmine

Coalmine Regular Member

What is NIA Bill? 30 characters .....

8. ezsasa

National investigation Agency amendment bill giving them more powers for investigation and prosecution.

And also have powers to conduct investigation outside of the country.

9. Aaj ka hero

Aaj ka hero Regular Member

An asshole that man is, Congress factory produces country gutters.

10. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

Am told @KapilSibal & wife wanted to use Modi as excuse to sack staff saying Modi didnt let channel run. But to be absolutely blunt. GOI has done nothing. Husband and wife have not faced staff, went on holiday to london, while shutting shop, prompting me to call him Mallya

Fascinating and that is the real news ... and analysis

uoftotaku likes this.
  11. Tanmay

Tanmay Regular Member

15:15 onwards......................

12. amit19

amit19 Regular Member

he he ....................... :biggrin2:

13. Roshan

Roshan Regular Member

why wasn't POTA passed so many years ago? isn't it essentially the same thing? Low hanging fruit would be vote bank pandering but im sure there would have been other concerns when the bill was tabled in parliament back then.

14. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Veteran Member Senior Member

CELEBRATE!!!!
    :clap2::balleballe::clap2::clap2::daru::balleballe::daru::rofl::pound::clap2::balleballe:

15. Deathstar

Deathstar Regular Member

POTA was nullified by UPA government in 2004

aditya10r, afako and Vijyes like this.
  16. ezsasa

Oh boy!!! i have to watch amit shah more closely !!! watch this till the end....

17. Darth Malgus

Darth Malgus Senior Member Senior Member

What in the blazes is going on in Karnataka Assembly right now ?

vampyrbladez likes this.
  18. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

A real comedy show and don't be surprised if it comes to trading fisticuffs. Anyways HDK govt would have come to the roads end by the end of day.

TheSeeker! likes this.
  19. Darth Malgus

Darth Malgus Senior Member Senior Member

The speaker is a bigger comedian than the CM himself....

TheSeeker! and vampyrbladez like this.
  20. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

The speaker is just out to prove that his loyalty is for the party and not to the law. What does one do when you have a CM who is desperate to cling to the chair, come what may. This guy seriously believes a divine miracle will still save his chair.