PoK leaders seek India’s help in fight against Pak

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
The reason why the NA people want India to act is because they are Shias.

The common Shias are second class citizens in Pakistan, even though some may argue that Zardari and possibly Gilani are Shias, but then who calls the shots - the Army and the ISI and who are they - Sunnis!

There is another reason why the Shias of NA have woken up. Till now, they had accepted, being co-religionists, to accept the humilatiion and inequality. However, like China, Pakistan is hell bent in changing the religious sect complexion of NA by encouraging and inducting Pathans to settle down in NA, they being Sunnis!

Maybe we should forget the past where with Colonel Brown, the Gilgit Scouts rebelled and arrested the then Governor, Ghansara Singh and went off to join Pakistan!
Musharraf has a long history with the Shia of NA.

In 1988, there was a violent uprising of the Shias in Gilgit, which was ruthlessly suppressed by Musharraf, who was given the task of dealing with the revolt by Zia-ul-Haq. Musharraf had a large number of Sunni Pashtun tribesmen from the Federally-Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) led by Osama bin Laden brought into Gilgit. They carried out a massacre of the Shias in the NA as well as the adjoining NWFP areas. It is believed by many in Pakistan that the crash of the aircraft in which Zia was travelling from Bahawalpur in August 1988 resulting in his death was caused by a Shia airman from Gilgit sympathetic to the TJP in retaliation for this massacre.
Musharraf's Ban: An Analysis

I read this news several years back as well. Such people get to the top decision making posts in the army and politics of Pakistan. No wonder Pakistan is in the state it is in.

He openly supported terrorists during his Agra visit (before 9/11) and called the innocent victims "collateral damage". But on 9/11 he was so "sad" as if his sagewaalaas (close relatives) had died, no doubt because of the "stone age" threat.

peacecracker

Why India has always resistant about capturing PoK?This can be done using the ally countries(USA's silent support) support as well;isn't it?India stands for democracy.PoK shall expect a fair treatment from India.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
The fact that kids in Indian schools are taught that J&K is an integral part of India, and that the whole of J&K is represented as Indian territory in maps, does not correspond with reality where we have not tried even once in the last 50 years to take back what is rightfully ours. It seems that not everyone even in politics is actually convinced that J&K is part of India or that the IA has the capability to take back PoK.

I wonder why? Pak has launched so many wars to try and capture Kashmir, but why have we not tried to take back PoK?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why India has always resistant about capturing PoK?This can be done using the ally countries(USA's silent support) support as well;isn't it?India stands for democracy.PoK shall expect a fair treatment from India.
The only one to have the balls to do it was killed 26 years ago and even she returned huge chunks of captured territory and 90,000 POWs.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I think other than General Manekshaw, the only other Army Chief who was actually pro-active on the Sino-Pak issue was General Sundarji. It is a tragedy that he passed away quite early and that he didn't get enough time to execute his strategies on the issue. :(

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
K-U, it's a political decision not a military one. No doubt both the FMs you named were masterful, but others are no less. We have never tried over the years to do anything about our lost territory since it was taken away.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
satish Mrs Indra was a real Man when it came to Forieng policy not like the sisies of today damm bootlickers

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
That is why I was asking balls..as it is a closely gaurded part of the male species..lol

sky

My friend went to pok for the first time ever a couple of months ago,he is 40 and all his life he thought of himself as being a british pakistani.when i asked him how his trip went i was very surprised when he said people in pok refered to everyone who didnt live in pok as pakistanis.my reply to him was what do the people in pok call themselfs then,he replied kashmiris .oh was my response,pak have made kashmir there sole obsession since independence but yet people who live there dont think of themselfs as being pakistani. what are they fighting for then, as india claims all of j@k yet pak has never claimed kashmir . but then wonts the kashmir dispute settled,i dont get it.

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
If Pakistan can meddle in political affairs of Indian-controlled Kashmir, on the basis that "Kashmir is a disputed state, and Pakistan has every right to be involved in it's affairs" (as Zaid Hamid once said), then why can't India do the same? After all, we still consider POK as Indian territory. I'm not saying we should support separatist groups (because according to us POK is a part of India, so there is no question of "separating" from Kashmir). But we can easily make this situation go in favour of India. Technically, it's our land.

India needs to man up and fight for what is rightfully theirs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles