PoB(Pakistan Occupied Balochistan): 133+ dead, 230 injured in 2 bombings

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
https://www.rferl.org/a/pakistan-politician-durrani-convoy-attacked-bannu-three-dead/29360811.html

At least 133 people have been killed, including a parliamentary candidate, and more than 230 wounded in two separate election-related bombings in Pakistan on July 13, authorities say, amid growing tensions over the return and arrest of ousted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who is facing corruption charges.

Pakistani police said a suicide bomber struck a campaign convoy near the southwestern city of Quetta, the capital of Balochistan Province, killing at least 128 people, including Siraj Raisani, a candidate running in the July 25 general elections. At least 200 people were wounded in that attack, which was claimed by the Islamic State (IS) terror group.

Home Secretary Haider Ali Shikoh confirmed that Raisani, who was a member of the Balochistan Awami Party, had died. IS claimed responsibility for the attack in an announcement by the militant group's Amaq news agency.

Earlier in the day, five people were killed and at least 32 were wounded in a bomb blast targeting another candidate. No one claimed responsibility for that attack.The blast targeted a convoy transporting former Housing and Works Minister Akram Khan Durrani, who escaped unharmed, local police chief Khurram Rashid said.

The U.S. State Department in a statement late on July 13 strongly condemned this week's attacks on political candidates and their supporters in Pakistan."These attacks are cowardly attempts to deprive the Pakistani people of their democratic rights," it said. "We will continue to stand with the people of Pakistan and the broader South Asia region in their fight against terrorism."

With violence escalating, Pakistan's army said earlier this week that it plans to place 371,000 soldiers around polling stations to ensure the elections are "free and fair." Durrani is a candidate for Muttahida Majlis-e Amal, an election alliance of radical religious groups.Police said Durrani was on his way to address a campaign rally in the northwestern town of Bannu when a bomb planted on a motorcycle detonated.

WATCH: Blast Targets Pakistan Election Candidate

Durrani is running as a candidate for Bannu in the July 25 general election.Speaking to reporters after the attack, Durrani said authorities had warned him about potential security threats."I remain safe but four of my allies have been martyred," he said, adding that he did not know who was behind the attack.

Durrani visited hospitals tending to the wounded, many of whom are party supporters.Former cricket star Imran Khan, whose Pakistan Tehrik-e Insaf party is gaining ground in opinion polls ahead of the elections, condemned the attack."There seems to be a conspiracy to sabotage the 25 July elections but the people of Pakistan will not allow any design intended to target these historic elections to succeed," Khan wrote on Twitter on July 13.

Durrani is the leader of Jamiat Ulema-e Islam, a hard-line religious party. He was the former chief minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the restive province in northwest Pakistan that borders Afghanistan.No one claimed responsibility for the July 13 attacks, but it came after a suicide bomber attacked a crowd waiting for an election rally organized by the secular Awami National Party (ANP) in the northwestern city of Peshawar on July 10.

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the July 10 attack that killed 20 people, including Haroon Ahmed Bilour, a candidate for a seat in the provincial legislature. Another 65 people were wounded.

Meanwhile, Sharif was arrested upon arrival in the eastern city of Lahore after flying back from London to face a 10-year prison sentence on corruption charges. He was accompanied by his daughter Mariam. The two were in London visiting Sharif's ailing wife when a Pakistani court convicted them of corruption. Mariam, who was sentenced to seven years in prison, was also arrested.

Sharif's son-in-law is currently serving his one-year prison sentence on the same charge, which stems from the purchase of luxury apartments in Britain that the court said were bought with illegally acquired money.Sharif is expected to appeal his conviction and seek bail.

===================================================================================
Maulana Rockullah's Expert comment: Normalacy returns to Pakistan.

@airtel @aditya10r @Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @Ankit Purohit @anupamsurey @armyofhind @Bharat Ek Khoj @Bhumihar @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @Bullet @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @dhananjay1 @ersakthivel @F-14B @fooLIam @gpawar @guru-dutt @here2where @hit&run @HariPrasad-1 @Indx TechStyle @Kshatriya87 @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @piKacHHu @Pinky Chaudhary @porky_kicker @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @SanjeevM @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @Tshering22 @vayuu1 @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Navnit Kundu @WARREN SS @Willy2 @3deffect

Our esteemed Terrorist Paki Panel: @Neo @Raja.pakistani @Zarvan @musalman @Zulfiqar Khan

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Surprisingly none of the Paki honchos have pointed a finger at RAW. I guess they're too busy with Nawaz and his daughter at the moment. :playball:

AnantS

Country flag
Surprisingly none of the Paki honchos have pointed a finger at RAW. I guess they're too busy with Nawaz and his daughter at the moment. :playball:
The leader targetted was pro army. Right now its war between Badmash Army(Ganja) and Bada Badmash(Paki Army). Badmash has links with paki terror orgs... he will use them to full hilt. No Politician in Pakistan can exist without his army of goondas or links with them, more so ... Nawaz could not have reached post of PM without having his own army of Goons or links with terrorists.

Watch I think more fireworks are going to happen. 2019 elections will not be peaceful in Pakistan. Both Badmash and Bada Badmash company are going to employ their full resources. Nawaz did not come back to serve Jail term. That fellow is very rich that most western and arabic counties would be happy to host him. Nawaz knows that even if his fight against army fails.. he can buy a safe passage back to Ummah or UK

AnantS

Country flag
So the ISI is using the election to kill more Baloch and making it look like election rivalry?
Could be ... but why would they eliminate pro Paki establishment Baloch leader? They anyway do it regularly using Gunships and aerial bombing anyway.

Illusive

Country flag
This paki internal politic dynamics going dynamite. More like paki game of thrones. Their army strikes pmln now it's nawaz's turn to hit any pro army elements.

This may be turning moment in pak where the political parties who want to get rid of the army control in politics and the army using their political puppets.

Nawaz Sharif has enough influence with the Arabs. The ISIS angle clearly states that.

AnantS

Country flag
This paki internal politic dynamics going dynamite. More like paki game of thrones. Their army strikes pmln now it's nawaz's turn to hit any pro army elements.

This may be turning moment in pak where the political parties who want to get rid of the army control in politics and the army using their political puppets.

Nawaz Sharif has enough influence with the Arabs. The ISIS angle clearly states that.
Duude... ISIS brand can be counterfeited just like you can fake Nike shirts just by drawing crude check mark on your 100 rs T shirt. Names like ISIS are thrown to mislead the investigators or doubters. What if its a regular Paki Punjabi Jehadi tanzeem on payrolls of Badmash?

Haldiram

Country flag
Could be ... but why would they eliminate pro Paki establishment Baloch leader? They anyway do it regularly using Gunships and aerial bombing anyway.
IDK maybe to create a "spectacular" incident to draw attention away from the ongoing election engineering happening elsewhere. Create a sympathy wave "...ya allah..the enemies of Pakistan don't want to allow the successful conclusion of elections in Pakistan..inshalla Pakistan army will defeat all attempts of all foreign enemies to spread disharmony in Pakistan..".

Boom! Army back in driving seat.

(Recall the sympathy wave after the Peshawar school attack). Earlier the nation was facing a nationwide protest form Quadri. After the attack, suddenly all Pakistanis rallied together and fell behind the Army.

AnantS

Country flag
IDK maybe to create a "spectacular" incident to draw attention away from the ongoing election engineering happening elsewhere. Create a sympathy wave "...ya allah..the enemies of Pakistan don't want to allow the successful conclusion of elections in Pakistan..inshalla Pakistan army will defeat all attempts of all foreign enemies to spread disharmony in Pakistan..".

Boom! Army back in driving seat.

(Recall the sympathy wave after the Peshawar school attack). Earlier the nation was facing a nationwide protest form Quadri. After the attack, suddenly all Pakistanis rallied together and fell behind the Army.
See I am not convinced by the theory of ISI trying to divert attention. I mean this theory would have been quite plausible if it had been other place where R.A.P.E's could sit up and take notice, but Balochistan is one place where such grand scale incidents usually brings 'meh' reaction from rest Paki populace.

Peshawar kinda cant be really be compared because Army Brats were victims in that. Here in this incident aam Balochi gets killed(who is pro establishment) along with ISI's precious asset and a Balochi leader! That would be too dumb even for a Paki establishment. I speculate its Ganja flexing its power wherever it can. Add to that Chotta Ganja has already started to put blame on India, in order to divert attention. Again its my pure speculation from my side

Haldiram

Country flag
See I am not convinced by the theory of ISI trying to divert attention. I mean this theory would have been quite plausible if it had been other place where R.A.P.E's could sit up and take notice, but Balochistan is one place where such grand scale incidents usually brings 'meh' reaction from rest Paki populace.

Peshawar kinda cant be really be compared because Army Brats were victims in that. Here in this incident aam Balochi gets killed(who is pro establishment) along with ISI's precious asset and a Balochi leader! That would be too dumb even for a Paki establishment. I speculate its Ganja flexing its power wherever it can. Add to that Chotta Ganja has already started to put blame on India, in order to divert attention. Again its my pure speculation from my side

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles