PM Modi on surprise visit to Pakistan today

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
How are the RSS walla's any different than Kings and upper caste elites of yesteryears who did exactly the same
You have not read the right history so I cannot explain you. Given Hinduism is alive today in India means that those same kings did put some resistance against onslaught of Islam.

RSS is stupid because they hardly have any intellectuals to drive the mainstream discourse. They have hardly learnt or added anything new since it was established.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
If we see from history then something is on the cards....a brief war like Kargil and a Takhta Palat in Pakistan. :hmm:

These strange and unexpected fake "warm relations" between India-Pak often means the above. :truestory:

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
You have not read the right history so I cannot explain you. Given Hinduism is alive today in India means that those same kings did put some resistance against onslaught of Islam.

RSS is stupid because they hardly have any intellectuals to drive the mainstream discourse. They have hardly learnt or added anything new since it was established.
Which kings, you mean the small handful verses hundreds who supported the invaders! Statistics aint on your side! All those kings were defeated by the foreigners with the help of their local callboys!!

India hasnt learned for hundreds of years, why blame only the RSS.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Which kings, you mean the small handful verses hundreds who supported the invaders! Statistics aint on your side! All those kings were defeated by the foreigners with the help of their local callboys!!

India hasnt learned for hundreds of years, why blame only the RSS.
Well yes. There were enough of those but don't forget that English won India over from Marathas and Sikhs i.e. Hindus and not Mughals as taught in your history books. Lets leave it for another thread. Right now, lets discuss this move.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am more convinced than ever that RSS is simply controlled opposition that all smart rulers maintain.

Now, its well known that Sharif has business interests in India and apparently this along with secret Nepal meeting was orchestrated or facilitated by such interests. It also seems that this meeting was fixed up during last month FS talks but kept secret.

I have little interest in business deals in this context, the real question is whether Modi and is team playing some game here with a real plan or have they simply buckled to external pressure, be it US or Russia-China.

Varahamihira

Country flag
What happened after UFA?Why this sudden peaceful overtures?
Until UFA Govt.has a tough stand vis-a-vis Pak.Now this sudden change.
Has this has anything to do with American's promise of ToT in defence and other fields in exchange for some extra money and some peace in the region especially with Pak.
Why did Modiji allegedly said to Sharif "Ab to aana jana rahega".
What's cooking?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I do not know any pressing need for US-Russia-China to force India to talk with Pak suddenly.

It is probably more of Modi trying to polish his statesman image. It is a good way to deflect attention from BJP's failure in the winter session that they did not manage to pass anything meaningful.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I do not know any pressing need for US-Russia-China to force India to talk with Pak suddenly.

It is probably more of Modi trying to polish his statesman image. It is a good way to deflect attention from BJP's failure in the winter session that they did not manage to pass anything meaningful.
Not pressing but consistent. I am sure the US must have issued statements welcoming this move by Modi.

A statesman wannabe Indian PM can be very dangerous given our neighbors. We don't need a statesman yet.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Usa or China forced India to talk? Really? I thought at least this forum members had self respect. USA or China can do jack with India no matter what kind of carrot they can offer(forget the sticks). This is nothing but pathetic excuse to hide the fact that the govt and modi had betrayed us again .

Sita ram goel was right. So long as RSS chaddis are the face of Hindu RW Hindus are royally screwed :(

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What I have really started to hate about BJP is their disowning their loyal twitter followers!

In debate with Barkha, when Barkha mentioned your twitter army would not like it, Nalin Kohli said--just call them twitter army and not our army.

AnantS

Country flag

I agree, Modi could be possessed by on loan MMS + ABV Atma. But I still think he is being made to dance on joint pressure US(and hence Japan), Russia and China. His pet projects, investments and his industrialists friends dream projects would have been held hostage, in order to make him agree. Or could be some other blackmail.

One thing for sure, Modi had to change his stance on Paki Foreign Policy without getting anything in return. I think there is immense pressure behind it from Paki's Three and Half Boyfriends.

Adux

Country flag
Well yes. There were enough of those but don't forget that English won India over from Marathas and Sikhs i.e. Hindus and not Mughals as taught in your history books. Lets leave it for another thread. Right now, lets discuss this move.
I hope you give me more credit than what you espoused above.
British defeated with Maratha's and Sikhs, with other Hindu kings helping them!! Without their help, there would have never been a British India

AnantS

Country flag
What I have really started to hate about BJP is their disowning their loyal twitter followers!

In debate with Barkha, when Barkha mentioned your twitter army would not like it, Nalin Kohli said--just call them twitter army and not our army.
In a way its Good. It will knock senses on Right WIngres that there is loyalty is towards India and not towards BJP, Modi or for that matter any politician. Appreciate their Good steps, but criticize them on taking wrong steps.

Right now both Modi followers and AK followers are in same boat. They both have to unwillingly defend their indefensible actions.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I agree, Modi could be possessed by on loan MMS + ABV Atma. But I still think he is being made to dance on joint pressure US(and hence Japan), Russia and China. His pet projects, investments and his industrialists friends dream projects would have been held hostage, in order to make him agree. Or could be some other blackmail.

One thing for sure, Modi had to change his stance on Paki Foreign Policy without getting anything in return. I think there is immense pressure behind it from Paki's Three and Half Boyfriends.
I was in two minds before I read @Mad Indian 's post above. We are cutting Modi too much slack. The west needs India more than we need them. We are both the growth engine as well as big consumers.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I hope you give me more credit than what you espoused above.
British defeated with Maratha's and Sikhs, with other Hindu kings helping them!! Without their help, there would have never been a British India
Not all kings had Hindu identity written over their head when they sided with Brits. They had to choose between their loyalty towards faith vs keeping power. Some chose latter. My argument had to deal with the fact that India remained a Hindu country despite 1000 years of Muslim+Brit rule. So, give some credit where it is due. It was not perfect but we are still here and have a continued historical connect with our civilization.

AnantS

Country flag
I was in two minds before I read @Mad Indian 's post above. We are cutting Modi too much slack. The west needs India more than we need them. We are both the growth engine as well as big consumers.
Sakal, here the question is not about India I think, but "His pet projects, investments and his industrialists friends dream projects". And they can be national or international. Dont forget their biggest supporters are \NRI and PIO in US. And US tends to call shots via them. China exerts pressure via Russia. Japan via economic aid. So don't discount that.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Sakal, here the question is not about India I think, but "His pet projects, investments and his industrialists friends dream projects". And they can be national or international. Dont forget their biggest supporters are \NRI and PIO in US. And US tends to call shots via them. China exerts pressure via Russia. Japan via economic aid. So don't discount that.
If pressure was real, you would not see shoot and scoot kind of two hour diplomatic visit that we have seen today.

Modi was supposed to have much more spine than MMS. Btw, MMS did not visit Pak in his 10 year tenure and he would have had similar pressure from world powers. Modi has no more/less pressure than MMS.

Trust me it is the ABV bug that has bitten Modi now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles