Plot to kill Ayodhya judges busted: Chidambaram

D

Drona

CNN-IBN
Updated Sep 15, 2011 at 11:25am IST

Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday made a startling claim that a SIMI plot to assassinate the three judges who had delivered the Ayodhya verdict was foiled.
"A 10-member SIMI gang was busted in 2011 in June in Madhya Pradesh. They were planning to assassinate three judges," said Chidambaram.

KS

Bye bye DFI
KIll them and strengthen the Hindu cause.

Dimwits,

johnee

KIll them and strengthen the Hindu cause.

Dimwits,
How will it strengthen the Hindu cause? The judges will then be afraid to rule against the Babri structure. The congress Govt will not catch any perpetrators and the matter will be obfuscated. Digvijay Singh will blame RSS.

KS

Bye bye DFI
How will it strengthen the Hindu cause? The judges will then be afraid to rule against the Babri structure. The congress Govt will not catch any perpetrators and the matter will be obfuscated. Digvijay Singh will blame RSS.
Dude more "cat-on-the-walls" will become rightward leaning. As ground support swells even among the supposed liberals will anyone think about giving a verdict that Hindus perceive go against their interests ? NO. If more people become right-leaning the COngress will ditch the Muslims in a second and become the Hindu nationalist party it during the 40s. For them its all votes. If today Muslims vote for them they will support them, if tomorrow the Hindus will support the Congress enmasse then their loyalties will switch in a nano-second. Look I myself was a bit of a hyper-secular who believed that minorities should be given some extra perks to make them feel at home. But the Godhra train burnings and the resulting actions, the political reactions, the witch hunt that was conducted/and is being conducted on Modi made me the right leaning person I am now.

johnee

Dude more "cat-on-the-walls" will become rightward leaning. As ground support swells even among the supposed liberals will anyone think about giving a verdict that Hindus perceive go against their interests ? NO. If more people become right-leaning the COngress will ditch the Muslims in a second and become the Hindu nationalist party it during the 40s. For them its all votes. If today Muslims vote for them they will support them, if tomorrow the Hindus will support the Congress enmasse then their loyalties will switch in a nano-second. Look I myself was a bit of a hyper-secular who believed that minorities should be given some extra perks to make them feel at home. But the Godhra train burnings and the resulting actions, the political reactions, the witch hunt that was conducted/and is being conducted on Modi made me the right leaning person I am now.
You have outlined one scenario. There is another scenario possible that exactly opposite of what you have outlined...

KS

Bye bye DFI
You have outlined one scenario. There is another scenario possible that exactly opposite of what you have outlined...
Lets be frank here.

Even if the SC gives a ruling that the land belongs to the Muslims, I don't think they (Muslims) are that foolish to go to the extent of "removing" the Ram Lalla (the make shift temple) that is kept there and to which pujas are being done daily. And I am not saying this - this was the exact words of three Muslim youth who echoed the same sentiments, though out of a different sentiment, in a Barkha Dutt TV show "We the people" shortly after the Ayodhya Verdict.

So chill, the land is not going anywhere - irrespective of what the SC thinks.

Last edited:
D

Drona

The ploy was busted in MP where BJP rules and Chidambaram is taking credit for that, hmmm, something is fishy ! What exactly he is signalling ?

johnee

Lets be frank.

Even if the SC gives a ruling that the land belongs to the Muslims, I don't think they (Muslims) are that foolish to go to the extent of "removing" the Ram Lalla (the make shift temple) that is kept there and to which pujas are being done daily. And I am not saying this - this was the exact words of three Muslim youth who echoed the same sentiments in a Barkha Dutt TV show "We the people" shortly after the Ayodhya Verdict.

So chill, the land is not going anywhere - irrespective of what the SC thinks.
That was my thought at first. However, the things can change. And there lot of forces that want to change things. And unfortunately for Hindus these forces are patronised by the ruling powers with lot of propaganda tools at their disposal.

KS

Bye bye DFI
That was my thought at first. However, the things can change. And there lot of forces that want to change things. And unfortunately for Hindus these forces are patronised by the ruling powers with lot of propaganda tools at their disposal.
Trust me if the status quo changes in Ayodhya it will either be that all land belongs to Hindus or the three way partition envisaged by the Allahabad court.Removing the Idol installed from a temple and converting it into a mosque and that too after such a history is fraught with danger and everyone including the Muslims know that.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Sorry for the off topic and cross post, but i seriously doubt that Jakiya Jafri's case is directly sponsored/motivated by Congress, you see the accused are being prosecuted, her husband is already dead. So one way or other she is already getting justice or will get it after the trial.So what is the need to drag Modi here? must be some political motives behind it. Congress has created the whole propaganda against RSS for rule and to defame Modi now it's using Jakiya Jafri.

ATS: Ram temple lawyer, judges on SIMI hit list | NCR NEWS I NCR KHABAR

At the time of arrest of SIMI terrorists i was in Jabalpur.

johnee

Trust me if the status quo changes in Ayodhya it will either be that all land belongs to Hindus or the three way partition envisaged by the Allahabad court.Removing the Idol installed from a temple and converting it into a mosque and that too after such a history is fraught with danger and everyone including the Muslims know that.
I am not talking about short term. Remember the whole issue is a very old one...

Even if a Temple is built at the place, it will not be a closure of this issue. Jihadis will continue to harm it.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Let me be honest here.

If the SC ruling goes against the Hindus and the Muslims proceed to remove the idol, as an Indian I will have to agree with the judgement, but as a Hindu I will never ever forgive that act.And there are milions like me out there.

I am not talking about short term. Remember the whole issue is a very old one...

Even if a Temple is built at the place, it will not be a closure of this issue. Jihadis will continue to harm it.
Jihadis will be jihadis whatever be the situation. Lets just give a pigs rear to their threat and move on.

Oracle

An analogy.

Say I buy a piece of land with an old house on it. Destroy the old house and build a new one. Can the old owner come and ask me why I destroyed the old house? No.

For arguments sake (since I do not have much knowledge about religious issues), let's assume Muslim invaders destroyed the Temple and built a Mosque over it. In those days, conquering a land meant ownership of the land. Can Hindus now claim all land as theirs?

If we go by history, then Hindus have already lost the land centuries ago.

This is a sensitive issue and should be handled in a way in which both communities engage and accept the ruling. There would still be some dis-satisfaction, but whatever the Apex court rules, should be accepted by both the communities.

D

Drona

Do you really think that Jihadis on mujahids needs such reason to harm anyone, anywhere ?

D

Drona

An analogy.

Say I buy a piece of land with an old house on it. Destroy the old house and build a new one. Can the old owner come and ask me why I destroyed the old house? No.
Before destroying old house one needs to have legal right on that house ! one can't rent a house and then destroy it to built his own !thats ridiculous.PS: land wasn't bought.
For arguments sake (since I do not have much knowledge about religious issues), let's assume Muslim invaders destroyed the Temple and built a Mosque over it. In those days, conquering a land meant ownership of the land. Can Hindus now claim all land as theirs?
Didn't india claimed every thing that built or owned by Imperial British government ? then why not muslims, they were invaders too.
This is a sensitive issue and should be handled in a way in which both communities engage and accept the ruling. There would still be some dis-satisfaction, but whatever the Apex court rules, should be accepted by both the communities.
Problem is that it is not just any land, it is most sacred place for Hindus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

Before destroying old house one needs to have legal right on that house ! one can't rent a house and then destroy it to built his own !thats ridiculous.
Are you dumb? Read my post again. And spare me the nonsense one liners.

Didn't india claimed every thing that built or owned by Imperial British government ? then why not muslims, they were invaders too.
British were kicked out. Muslims are a quint-essential part of India for centuries.

Problem is that it is not just any land, it is most sacred place for Hindus.
Sacred place for Muslims too.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
An analogy.

The analogy is wrong.

The invading hordes of Babar/Mir Baqi did not exactly BUY the land LEGALLY from the Hindus . The temple was demolished illegally and Ayodhya being one of our most sacred places we have all the right in the world to claim it back.Actually I find it rather clumsy that in a land of 80% Hindus we have to beg the others to allow us to build a temple on one of our most sacred sites.

Yes if the SC gives an adverse judgement as an Indian I have to accept it. But if the other community instead of conciliatory gesture goes ahead and removes the Idol installed there , personally I, as a Hindu, will never ever forgive them for that and that is more harmful to India in the long run.

D

Drona

British were kicked out. Muslims are a quint-essential part of India for centuries.
Muslims and Hindus were never together since they arrived in India, Muslims are only most essential for Congress after Partition.
Hindus and Muslims were together in fight against British because their was bigger enemy and also their own ambition of Pakistan.
Sacred place for Muslims too
Muslims doesn't need a place to pray ! their is only one sacred placed for Muslims, Mecca ! and for Hindus Ayodhya is like Mecca . So the place is more important to Hindus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

The analogy is wrong.

The invading hordes of Babar/Mir Baqi did not exactly BUY the land LEGALLY from the Hindus and as such Ayodhya being one of our most sacred places we have all the right in the world to claim it.

Yes if the SC gives an adverse judgement as an Indian I have to accept it. But if the other community instead of conciliatory gesture goes ahead and removes the Idol installed there , personally I, as a Hindu, will never ever forgive them for that and that is more harmful to India in the long run.
The analogy is not wrong. As I said conquering meant ownership in those days. Goes for Hindu Kings too. Not only land, ladies, gold, cattle - Kingdom conquered, everything was owned by the conqueror.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles