Please do not post copyrighted content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra

Country flag
^^ Few of them on DFI.

At least I saw one, very informative by a mod and after some time, say few minutes later it's gone, someone delete it.

No record at all on DFI about that post . Even I quote it, my post also gone. Just like nothing happened here.

Anyway, it is not a bad idea, if some one post something here. After posting it, if they think it is not good to post something like this then better delete it.

I myself did few times. Just keep a remark 'wrong post' or 'I delete my post'.

pmaitra

I remember one particularly annoying incident.

Anyway can mods edit their own posts or do they have to ask other mods to edit their posts?
No, when we see abusive language, we just delete the words. If threads go up in flame, we delete posts. MODs and Admins can edit all posts.

pmaitra

Forum posts are the property of the poster. DFI has the right to moderate them but they are not the property of the forum. By cutting off edits they declare them their property then are liable for any infringement they contain. There is no disclaimer on DFI saying all posts are property of the forum so it is already a violation of members by not allowing them access to that property. They have a right to change it.
I believe, if you write copyrighted content in your post, then your post is not your property.

Twinblade

Country flag
Dear members,
We are getting served notices for breach of copyright. We request member not to post copyrighted content without permission from their respective owners.

Below is the latest we have received.
1. Please encourage users to not hotlink images as it leaches off the hosts bandwidth every time the DFI page on which the image has been shared is loaded. It just takes two minutes, those who are lazy must be handed infractions.
2. Posting news articles is OK as it falls under the fair use right for the purpose of discussion (as long as article is available on web for free)
3. As long as copyrighted images are hosted on sites like imageshack there is no need to worry. Its imageschack's problem, not DFI's.

p2prada

No, when we see abusive language, we just delete the words.
That's not what happened to me. Entire "large" posts deleted by the same mod I was having a discussion with. All for using the word smart ass. No PM warning either. Direct delete. This was years ago, maybe things are different now.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
We can't please all. We try to be honest to ourselves.

Hopefully the message is understood loud and clear.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles