PlayStation 4 officially announced !

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
It's widely anticipated that Sony will unveil the long-rumored PlayStation 4, nearly eight years after unveiling its predecessor at E3 2005. What will the PS4 bring us? Rumors indicate a new touchpad-enabled controller with motion control built in, some kind of cloud gaming integration courtesy of Sony's Gaikai purchase, and more.

http://live.polygon.com/ps4-sony-playstation-4-live-blog/

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

I'm not too keen on buying a console. But new generation consoles will result in better graphics across all platforms. Graphics stagnated due to antiquated hardware in Xbox360/PS3

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Hardware specs similar to PC
x86 processor, 8GB unified RAM (CPU+GPU)

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
@Daredevil

I think DD needs to see this. Being a hardcore game and all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Official New Playstation 4 Controller

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Hardware specs similar to PC
x86 processor, 8GB unified RAM (CPU+GPU)
That is weak. I think.

With those specs all PCs next ear will over power it. Hell, even laptops.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
That is weak. I think.

With those specs all PCs next ear will over power it. Hell, even laptops.
Its not.

Specs of the current XBOX360/PS3 will look pathetic infront of a budget PC (PS3 has 256MB RAM).

In reality consoles do extremely well because they're dedicated for gaming, very little overhead. Plus games are massively optimized to take advantage of hardware.

PS4 will be a beast

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Its not.

Specs of the current XBOX360/PS3 will look pathetic infront of a budget PC (PS3 has 256MB RAM).

In reality consoles do extremely well because they're dedicated for gaming, very little overhead. Plus games are massively optimized to take advantage of hardware.

PS4 will be a beast
Desktops give double performance at half price.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
No they won't. Not even close.

Even today you need a 50k+ Desktop to compete with a PS3 with 256MB RAM
Dude, Desktop?

For 50k I can get a laptop with close enough specs.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I found all these gaming thing over costlier a rip off I can't afford. I had PS2, Wii, PSP (all three sold), Now I have PS vita wifi and xbox 360 kinect (Obviously for my son) with few games. But whenever he asks me for a new game I sweat seeing the price tag. Only on some special occasions I buy him one or two games mostly pre owned. With xbox now IE is available with few other apps but you need live membership to access it for whopping $120 a year.

Memory card for my PS vita is $130 for 32 GB which I haven't bought it yet even the space left in 8 GB card is around 100 MBs now with few games bought online in it.

I really think the prices are criminally high and not worth the games we finish from start to end in one or two days. Yes Renting is one option I use during school holidays etc.

I forgot to mention another rip off you have to endure while purchasing few accessories, even you have to buy a second player controller.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I found all these gaming thing over costlier a rip off I can't afford. I had PS2, Wii, PSP (all three sold), Now I have PS vita wifi and xbox 360 kinect (Obviously for my son) with few games. But whenever he asks me for a new game I sweat seeing the price tag. Only on some special occasions I buy him one or two games mostly pre owned. With xbox now IE is available with few other apps but you need live membership to access it for whopping $120 a year.

Memory card for my PS vita is $130 for 32 GB which I haven't bought it yet even the space left in 8 GB card is around 100 MBs now with few games bought online in it.

I really think the prices are criminally high and not worth the games we finish from start to end in one or two days. Yes Renting is one option I use during school holidays etc.

I forgot to mention another rip off you have to endure while purchasing few accessories, even you have to buy a second player controller.
If it were not for piracy the cost of games would be even higher. Most game studios are chors. 60 dollars for agame + 50 dollars for dlcs. Some dishonest studios like EA actually lock in game content and release it again as paid content(ME:3).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles