Plan your next trip to tawang - arunachal pradesh

brational

Country flag
North-east India is regarded as the unexplored paradise. The region is blessed with natural beauty which is unparallel to any other region in India. Lush green landscapes, evergreen forests, hill ranges, snow-clad peaks, rivers, wildlife, flora, biosphere reserves, colorful tribes all makes northeast a visitors' delight. The bio-diversity of northeast is the richest among all regions in India and it is really worthwhile to plan your next trip to this part of the country.
The region is consisting of 8 states – Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim and Tripura.

Arunachal Pradesh – The land of rising sun. The easternmost state which embraces the first ray of sun in India is the most beautiful state in the northeast. Predominantly a Buddhist state, Arunachal Pradesh can offer the visitors a lifetime tourism experience. One need to opt for Inner Line Permit (ILP) so as to get into Arunachal Pradesh. It can be obtained from Arunach Bhawan @ Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Shillong and Tezpur by submitting a PP size photograph and photocopy of valid photo id and address proof against a nominal fee. The ILP is issued for 7 days and can be extended.
Tawang is the most promising destination in Arunachal – Tawang and West Kameng District – Tawang (Alt. 3050m/10000ft) is located near the McMohan line and Bumla is one of the major border posts of Indian Army/ITBP which is 40 km from Tawang Town. Tawang houses the largest Buddhist monastery in India and it is said to be the largest one outside Lhasa, Tibet. There are too many places around Tawang.

Tawang can only be reached by road from Tezur(Assam) 343km (12 hr). Tezpur is the HQ of IV corp of the Indian Army and it is the 1st Su-30 base in the northeast. It is also the HQ of Poject Vartak of BRO. Tezpur is 180 Km from Guwahati and it is also connected by rail and road, though road travel is recommended.
Form Tezpur, one can hire a vehicle. One can also get a Shared vehicle but the tickets must be booked well in advance. One need to drive through Bhalukpung, Tipi(orchidarium) , Tenga Valley, Bomdila, Dirang Valley, Sela Pass (14000 ft) and Jashwant Garh to reach Tawang. One can take a night halt at Bomdila.

Best time to visit – October – April. Trip duration - 5 days( Tezpur – Tawang – Tezpur)

Photo Gallery

https://plus.google.com/photos/111952188099092561808/albums/5541885683427091585?banner=pwa

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Festivals form an integral part of the tribal people of Arunachal Pradesh. Most of the festivals are celebrated to thank providence for benefits received.

As there are myriad of tribal communities, the festivals are celebrated through out the year in one community or the other.

Animal sacrifices are common in most of the festivals, particularly in the non-Bodic tribes. The festivals have firmly blended with the lifestyle of the people. For some communities like the Mijis these are occasions, which bring all people together, who otherwise remain scattered in far-flung villages.

Different groups celebrate the springtime festivals from January to April. In the celebration of these festivals, the priests assisted by some select male members generally perform the religious rites and sacrifices.

Some of the important festivals celebrated by the people are Solung, Mopin, Losar, Boori Boot, Dree, Nechi Dau, Chalo-loku, Longte Yullo,Ojiale, Reh, Sanken, Si-Donyi, Nyokum -Yullo, and Tamladu.

Therefore, visit when the festival season is in full swing to know real Arunachal.

brational

Country flag
Festive time -
Tawang Festival - October-November
Lohssar(Buddhist New Year) - February (Tawang, Bomdila) by Monpa Tribe
Khan - March (Bomdila) Miji Tribe

Last edited:

brational

Country flag
Go to Arunachal, but don't pass on the 'clever' ways of the rest of India to them.

Let them remain true to their way of life of total innocence and purity.
This is the reason behind implementation of ILP. The tribes are still untouched from influences of outsiders (Non-tribal). Their purity is still intact.

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
Thanx.. taken in 2008. Military presence has been up by many fold these days. I've seen few big guns there in 2012.

So its possible to visit there in November ,December ?

thanks

brational

Country flag
Thanx.. taken in 2008. Military presence has been up by many fold these days. I've seen few big guns there in 2012.

So its possible to visit there in November ,December ?

thanks
You can visit there during winters. You need to carry heavy woolens. If you like snow-falls, go there in January, else Nov-Dec is ideal time.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am starting my trip as soon as the Governor, who is my coursemate, shows me the green flag.

pkroyal

I have been to Tawang, Zero, Along, Tezu, & Hayuliang in Arunachal Pradesh (AP)

Rainbow trouts in Lohit River

Some natural sand beaches along the Lohit River close to Hayuliang

Beautiful Rain forests

Fascinating people. Extremely tough , good looking & hard working women folk.

Swami Vivekananda School in Along.

Cane furniture in Tezu.

Lovely trek in the Mountains.

Early Sunrise & Sunset

Exotic locales for video graphy / photography

Musk Deer en route to Galai Takurai & Hadigra Dakhuru.

Would love to take over & organize state tourism for the Govt & pitch it as an International destination.

If only wishes were Horses then B_ _ _ _ _s like me would ride !!

One of my best tenures in the Fauj

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles