PLAAF Offensive Combat readiness against India

captonjohn

Country flag
this is nice over their territory but once they are deeper in our territory it will be useless, their indigenous technology is unknown but if they are still buying s-300's then it is probably junk
I'm talking about IAF's attack on their fighter divisions deep inside china, hence they pose a serious threat. If they don't have better road infrastructure then they may deploy fixed, non-mobile air defense units to cover that area.

Country flag
In this case chinese would base at least some squadron of air superiority fighters, so our first phase can be intense dog fights. Our first wave of attack must be with air superiority aircrafts to counter chinese air superiority aircrafts and then next wave of ground attack aircrafts.
2 new squadrons will be deployed in tezpur and chabua.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
In this case chinese would base at least some squadron of air superiority fighters, so our first phase can be intense dog fights. Our first wave of attack must be with air superiority aircrafts to counter chinese air superiority aircrafts and then next wave of ground attack aircrafts.

As i mentioned before, Tibet region only hold Airdefence fighters, We need to knock them out, quicker is better..

Strike group should be smaller, equpped with ECM suit for stealth..

Lets assume 4XSU-30MKI for airdefense and 4XSU-30MKI for ground attack..

Hit them hard hit them quick, simultaneously other bases should be pounded in same time..

And if possible launch airborne cruise missile towards the main bases in Chengdu city..

captonjohn

Country flag
And if possible launch airborne cruise missile towards the main bases in Chengdu city..
To launch cruise missile we need exact coordinates of their airbases and to do this we will have to use our satellite. Here is problem exists as china has first attack policy and can shoot down our satellite in lower earth orbit.

Country flag
To launch cruise missile we need exact coordinates of their airbases and to do this we will have to use our satellite. Here is problem exists as china has first attack policy and can shoot down our satellite in lower earth orbit.
we will still have many other satellites in GEO orbit.

captonjohn

Country flag
we will still have many other satellites in GEO orbit.
Of course we have many satellites but I'm talking about military satellites which are developed for this purpose. We don't have much military satellite and other satellite can work but not better than a dedicated military satellite meant for it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I.A.F Air Launched Cruise Missile Capability

I.A.F Air Launched Cruise Missile Capability

MAPS:

IAF Frontal Airbases Vs PLAAF Frontal Airbases..

Operational radius of PJ-10 over NE sector..

Having ALCM with SU-30MKI IAF have an Edge in Land attack capability, Using these ALCM IAF don have to risk of going inside PLAAF airspace to bomb the targets, These PJ-10s can take out Airfield Infrastructure or C4 Infrastructure inside Enemy territory, Unlike PLAAF, IAF have SU-30MKI as a frontline multipurpose Aircraft which can deply ALCM, Whereas PLAAF can only use Bombers like H6..

Platform: SU-30MKI

The Su-30MKI was jointly designed by Russia's Sukhoi Corporation and India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The MKI's airframe evolved from that of the Sukhoi Su-27 while most of the avionics were developed by India.

The Su-30MKI is more advanced than the basic Su-30MK, the Chinese Su-30MKK, and the Malaysian Su-30MKM . The aircraft features state of the art avionics developed by Russia, India and Israel which includes display, navigation, targeting and electronic warfare systems.Other key avionics used in the aircraft were sourced from France and South Africa, The SU-30MKI also feature to carry Brhamos / KH-41 underbelly making it a formidable platform of ALCMs

General characteristics

* Crew: 2
* Length: 21.935 m (72.97 ft)
* Wingspan: 14.7 m (48.2 ft)
* Height: 6.36 m (20.85 ft)
* Wing area: 62.0 m² (667 ft²)
* Empty weight: 18,400 kg[62] (40,565 lb)
* Loaded weight: 24,900 kg (54,895 lb)
* Max takeoff weight: 38,800 kg (85,600 lb)
* Powerplant: 2× Lyulka AL-31FP turbofans with thrust vectoring, 131 kN with afterburner (27,557 lbf) each

ALCM: Brhamos PJ-10

BrahMos claims to have the capability of attacking surface targets as low as 10 meters in altitude. It can gain a speed of Mach 2.8, and has a maximum range of 290 km. The ship-launched and land-based missiles can carry a 200
kg warhead, whereas the aircraft-launched variant (BrahMos A) can carry a 300 kg warhead. It has a two-stage propulsion system, with a solid-propellant rocket for initial acceleration and a liquid-fueled ramjet responsible for sustained supersonic cruise. Air-breathing ramjet propulsion is much more fuel-efficient than rocket propulsion, giving the BrahMos a longer range than a pure rocket-powered missile would achieve.
The high speed of the BrahMos likely gives it better target-penetration characteristics than lighter subsonic cruise-missiles such as the Tomahawk. Being twice as heavy and almost four times faster than the Tomahawk, the BrahMos has almost 32 times the initial kinetic energy of a Tomahawk missile (although it pays for this by having only 3/5 the payload and a fraction of the range despite weighing twice as much, suggesting a different tactical paradigm to achieve the objective).

The BrahMos is currently being configured for aerial deployment with the Su-30MKI as its carrier. On September 5, 2010 BrahMos created a record for the first supersonic steep dive.

Specifications:

Weight: 3000 kg, 2500 kg (air-launched)
Length: 8.4 m
Diameter: 0.6 m
Warhead: 300 kg Conventional semi-armour-piercing
Engine: Two-stage integrated Rocket/Ramjet
Operational range: 290 km
Speed: Mach 2.8-3.0
Launch platform: Ship. submarine, aircraft and land-based mobile launchers.

Exact coordinates?

We know where is the base, I found it on Google
:))

Cruise missiles are tv guided too, Basic infrastructure will be same as any other airbase, we can see or identify control tower, hangers etc..

Cruise missiles will simply explode above targets like control tower, hangers etc..

450-500kg high explosive will conform destruction of 50m completely another 100-200 meters will be affected by shrapnel..

Last edited:

captonjohn

Country flag
Exact coordinates?

We know where is the base, I found it on Google :))

Cruise missiles are tv guided too, Basic infrastructure will be same as any other airbase, we can see or identify control tower, hangers etc..

Cruise missiles will simply explode above targets like control tower, hangers etc..

450-500kg high explosive will conform destruction of 50m completely another 100-200 meters will be affected by shrapnel..
Oh I missed my point. OK, suppose we know everything about air bases, their location etc., now what? How will you guide a cruise missile from more than 1000 km distance? To guide a cruise missile at that distance you will need a satellite which will deliver signal from missile to aircraft's cockpit for control. How will you control missile without satellite?

captonjohn

Country flag
Oh I missed my point. OK, suppose we know everything about air bases, their location etc., now what? How will you guide a cruise missile from more than 1000 km distance? To guide a cruise missile at that distance you will need a satellite which will deliver signal from missile to aircraft's cockpit for control. How will you control missile without satellite?
I know cruise missile identify their paths autonomously and identify their target based on images feed on them but chinese high hill and forest area may confuse the missile guidance and increase the possibility to miss the target.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I know cruise missile identify their paths autonomously and identify their target based on images feed on them but chinese high hill and forest area may confuse the missile guidance and increase the possibility to miss the target.
Thats something i shouldn't search :)

Tibet`s and eastern parts are vast, their are many places Cruise missiles can travel, leave it on DRDO geeks :)

Country flag
Of course we have many satellites but I'm talking about military satellites which are developed for this purpose. We don't have much military satellite and other satellite can work but not better than a dedicated military satellite meant for it.
we will be using GLONASS in the future I m not sure about the military details??? And for spying we have Satellite Intellience sharing pacts with atleast 2 countries.

http://geneva-globaldefence.blogspot.com/2010/10/russia-to-provide-india-with-military.html

sandeepdg

Saya, those are hardened bunkers for aircrafts. Many countries have them, so does India.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
all talks about air force partial or no talk about army

and yes no talk at all about navy what d u think would china would send its nvy to attack india particularly east india ie Kolkata and south india to attack vital militray installation. what d u people think is it possible after all china likes to surprise india

and yes its look like china had made all security arrangements for its defence in eastern sector .

while we were engaged with pakistan for last 60 its looks like china has made good of this 60 years to fortify its terrority. we were to stupid or where sleeping

china just waiting for indian to make a mistake then pounce like a tiger on its pray

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
a very crucial weapon in sino-indian conflict will be the indo-russian 400km range awacs killer.it can take out chinese awacs with pinpoint accuracy from a farther distance than the sam coveerage of s-300.this will blind the enemy and make way for any kind of strike in tibet region by iaf.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Hey please tell me what the weapon is. I really don't know that INDIA has this kind of weapon that strikes AWACS.

sandeepdg

Hey please tell me what the weapon is. I really don't know that INDIA has this kind of weapon that strikes AWACS.
Sesha, he is talking about the Novator-K100 air-to-air missile which functions as an AWACS killer with a range of 300-400 kms. But, as of now India doesn't have them in its armory, but is planning to acquire them from Russia for its MKIs.

sandeepdg

a very crucial weapon in sino-indian conflict will be the indo-russian 400km range awacs killer.it can take out chinese awacs with pinpoint accuracy from a farther distance than the sam coveerage of s-300.this will blind the enemy and make way for any kind of strike in tibet region by iaf.
Mate, we don't have the K-100 as of now in our armory. We are still planning to acquire them.

Country flag
look at KH-31 on our sukhois also does same.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/as-17.htm

Kh-31 was made available, equipped with a hybrid active-passive guidance head for use against nonmaneuvering airborne targets such as AWACS (passive guidance) from far distances.

PAKFA in the future will also have Novator missiles.

http://weapons.technology.youngester.com/2010/09/india-visited-pak-fa.html

* The new jet can also carry two long-range missiles developed by the Novator Bureau which can hit targets within a 400 kilometer range.

Last edited:

Global Defence

Articles