PLA Vs Indian Army On LAC discussion thread.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
the ADs appeared in the same news above...and with these I would like to move to the PART E... Air Defence System in PLA Army later..

What is this system called, It looks twin 25mm mounted on some Zil or Ural truck..

Hires.. ?

shiphone

Country flag
I don't know whether IA had been to Beijing...but I'm sure thounds of them already have been to Lasha and went back home later in 1960's...

----------------------------------
EQ2081E 2.5 Tonne Truck

The Dongfeng EQ2081E (previously known as EQ240 "two-and-a-half-tonner") is the 2.5 tonne capacity, six-wheel drive troop/cargo carrier truck developed and built by Dongfeng Motor Corporation (DFM) based at Shiyan, Hubei province. The EQ2081E (EQ240) and its 3.5 toone version EQ2100E (EQ245) are the most popular utility trucks in PLA service, providing transportation of troops, equipment, ammunitions, and supplies for virtually every units of the PLA. These trucks also tow many types of artillery guns and trailers, and are available in various configurations including truck, workshop, and special purpose chassis. The vehicle is also being exported to many foreign customers under the commercial name Dongfeng Aeolus.

pmaitra

What is this system called, It looks twin 25mm mounted on some Zil or Ural truck..

Hires.. ?
Not ZIL, but clones of UralAZ lorries with clones of ZU-23 I presume.

P.S.: ZU-23 - Zenitnaya Ustanovka 23mm - Ack Ack Gun 23mm! See picture from ArmA 2.

204747_10150216095975962_771340961_8686521_4704039_o.jpg

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I don't know whether IA had been to Beijing...but I'm sure thounds of them already have been to Lasha and went back home later in 1960's...
I dont know abt Thousand, But few had a tour of Delhi too..

pmaitra

My dad went to Tibet, PRC, last year. He noted certain things there:
  • There was no over abundance of personnel in uniform. Perhaps there were spies and policemen in civil clothes, but very few uniformed people in Tibet except near the border.
  • Most of Tibet is plateau and flat and pretty easy for tracked vehicles to traverse.
  • Road infrastructure is very bad, but on the Indian side, it is very very very bad. However, whatever roads they have, are in excellent condition.
  • Many roads are nothing but "drive across the sand and follow the track-marks."
  • All vehicles use SatNav/GPS (most don't really follow track marks as I stated above; it was a hyperbole).
  • Heavy developmental work is going on, especially road building, to improve communication and quick troop deployment in case of hostilities.
P.S.: I have posted videos of this trip in another thread, where you can get an idea what it is like in Tibet.

shiphone

Country flag
if you are interested , I would have another thread to introduce the history of 3 generations of Military Trucks ever served in PLA...

pmaitra

Latest image publiced on 12 Oct 2011

a unit from some Border Guard Regiment guarding the sino-india border(I thought you guys might be familiar with the lake) ...07 uniform...PLA collar badge...Type 81-1 rifle...Type79 Sniper Rifle
Flag of the USSR (see below), minus the star and rounded sickle handle makes the CPC flag.

pmaitra

It will be a little offensive to put some history pix here...so I give up...but fact is a fact...

3968 is the number...

--------------------------
if you are interested , I would have another thread to introduce the history of 3 generations of Military Trucks ever served in PLA...
Please do open a new thread. We would like to know more about your vehicles.

shiphone

Country flag
PART E... Air Defence System in PLA Army

Kunal Biswas

AAA/SAM will be divided Into two three Groups:

1. Towed AAA

2. Mobile AAA/SAM

3. Medium range SAMs ( 30KMS )
Towed AAA
---------------------------------
1st Generation

Tpye 59 57mm AA gun...120 rounds/min

phasing out but could be seen in the news yesterday

---------------------
Tpye 74 37mm AA gun phasing out as well

--------------------
Type 56 Quad 14.5 x 114mm Anti-Aircraft Gun System appeared in origin thread, but it has retired for years...

---------------------------------------------
2nd Generation

PG87 Twin-25mm AA Gun it's 25mm(westen standard) not 23mm(Russian Standard)...ZU-23 23mm was the reference design ,but the Artillery automata and barrel were redesigned.

mounted on a Type 63 APC

mounted on an EQ2081E 2.5 Tonne Truck also appeared in the news yesterday

mounted on an Tieying Jeep some mountain unit

the Export varient but the barrel is 23mm , Indonisia Army

-------------------
QJG02 14.5mm AA MG

another Triple-14.5mm Gatling Gun Limited AA ability

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
PART E continued... Air Defence System in PLA Army

Towed AAA
---------------------------
3rd Generation

PG99 Twin-35mm AAA most advanced towed AAA in PLA. and the newest varient had the velocity measurement and programming ability ...it can using the AHEAD,Advanced Hit Efficiency And Destruction.
the old varient

the later varient

CS/SA1 Twin-35mm SP AAAthe export varient (mounted on a SX2300 6×6)

shiphone

Country flag

Mobile AAA/SAM
SP AA Guns. there are 3 generation developped as well.

1st Generation
Tpye80 Twin-57mm SP AA Gun the very first and simple try of developping a SP AA Gun. A simple combination of Type 59 57mm and Tpye 69 tank

------------
the first Trinity System PGZ88 Twin-37mm SP AA Gun searching radar ,optical tracking

2nd Generation

PGZ 95/04/04A Quad-25mm and Short Range SAM AAA system PG87 25mm AAA and QW1 or HY6 individual SAMs...
Searching Radar

Trcaking and Firing Unit

largely deployed .

----------------------
3rd Generation

PGZ XX Twin-35mm SP AA Gun the latest model, but It has been developed for quite a long time.Trinity System , Searching Radar , Tracking Radar , twin guns ..3 in 1
the prototype for theory test and verify

the final version

latest pic released... indicating it has entered into service.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
The person taking that video was lying down.

Was it to avoid being seen taking the video?
obviously it was taken by a camera on a Telephone and uploaded without any processing.

you are fobidden take any image and video around a military restricted area where there always are some warning signs. it's common in the world... and in china, such chutzpa was tolerated sometimes, but someone got warned and punished.

but there are loads of pics and videos about military equiptments taken on the road, it's ok...no fuss

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
a special usage of 107mm rockets and PF93 60mm mortar in mountain terrain...interesting but accurate and effective...

CCTV news 14 oct
[video=youtube_share;QBD60XhDJq0]http://youtu.be/QBD60XhDJq0[/video]

shiphone

Country flag

Mobile AAA/SAM
Mobile SAM System

Imported Tor-M1 Surface-to-Air Missile System 0.1-12 Km Range...altitude: 0.01~6km ....limited number...34 Tone, a little heavy

HQ17 Surface-to-Air Missile System it is believed to be developped on the base of Tor-M1. there are many changes in the Radar and fire control system. a little change to missile as well..

-----------------------------
HQ7/7A SAM up to 15km range...standard Surface-to-Air Missile System of Corps level AD units.
S.P.

towed varient

HQ7B SAM improved HQ7 , 20km Range and new searching radar and missils

pmaitra

Not ZIL, but clones of UralAZ lorries with clones of ZU-23 I presume.

P.S.: ZU-23 - Zenitnaya Ustanovka 23mm - Ack Ack Gun 23mm! See picture from ArmA 2.

View attachment 4218

Kunal

I was correct in my speculation about the UralAZ clone and the ZU-23 clone but I was incorrect and you were correct in speculating the Ack Ack Gun being 25mm as modified by PRC and not 23mm as in the original Soviet design. See below:

PG87 Twin-25mm AA Gun it's 25mm(westen standard) not 23mm(Russian Standard)...ZU-23 23mm was the reference design ,but the Artillery automata and barrel were redesigned.

mounted on an EQ2081E 2.5 Tonne Truck
also appeared in the news yesterday

Many thanks to shiphone for posting these pictures.

shiphone

Country flag
an simple innovation by USSR Red Army and effective Siege Weapons during the Afghanistan war in 1980's...

shiphone

Country flag
the chassis is EQ2081E(EQ240) 2.5tons truck...

the development started in 1967 ...the very first product of the Second Automobile Works...and got the certification in 1975...in the same year,it entered the service as EQ240 and has served for more than 35 years. very reliable with a good reputation. after some updates ,it was renamed as EQ2081e ...

The vehicle is also being exported to many foreign customers under the commercial name Dongfeng Aeolus.

more info and pic will be updated later when I'm free.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Lot of Harware present are not relevent to LAC geography, Hence i will call it a Reference to PLA Land System and Sub system..

Carry On..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles