PLA top General : " International community should destroy the land base of Pirates"

badguy2000

Respected Member
Chen Bingde, the chief Staff of PLA,said :

" International community should destory not only the pirate ships on sea,but also their bases on land".......

陈炳德:打击海盗要往陆上打

SBanZu ÉÏ°à×å

中国人民解放军总参谋长陈炳德周三表示,国际社会不仅要在海上,而且要在陆上打击
海盗。

SBanZu ÉÏ°à×å

陈炳德说:"要想有效打击海盗,我们很可能需要把打击范围延伸至海洋以外,要摧毁
他们的陆上基地。"

SBanZu ÉÏ°à×å

他这是忽悠美军呢还是准备派解放军上?

Oracle

So much for China's military progress. China cannot even tackle Somalia?

chex3009

Country flag
China is so-called "Super-Power", This statement proves that....

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
Nice to see China taking interest in some world matter, for long i was of the impression China did not indulge in any matter which did not affect it's interest in any way.

" LET ME ENJOY MY MEAL AND LET THE WORLD GO TO HELL " :- this kind of attitude does not do good for a country of China's nature and stature.

Welcome move , China lead by example and we will provide the support needed.

Oracle

Nice to see China taking interest in some world matter, for long i was of the impression China did not indulge in any matter which did not affect it's interest in any way.

" LET ME ENJOY MY MEAL AND LET THE WORLD GO TO HELL " :- this kind of attitude does not do good for a country of China's nature and stature.

Welcome move , China lead by example and we will provide the support needed.
China is requesting for a follower role. Indirectly they want either US or India to lead.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I think that is a reasonable statement by the general. If UN had genuine intent, it should coordinate with NATO and Asian militaries to bring down the entire piracy infrastructure.

One must remember that the piracy infrastructure doesn't just include the actual pirates, their vessels, and their land bases, but an entire upstream network of handlers, businessmen, financial infrastructure (that handles transfer of ransom funds) and even diplomats. That should also be brought down. If you simply take down the "operational" part of the industry, it will spring back to existence in no time.

Reactions: Bot

Oracle

/\/\/\ Arms smugglers too, who supply weapons to these pirates.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Arms supply again is a low-level thing. In Somalia, people buy AK-47s like we buy watches.

Take down the upstream network, and the downstream will get a big blow that will take years, decades even, to recover.

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
China is requesting for a follower role. Indirectly they want either US or India to lead.
Thats not in line with the world order especially the way china wants to project itself to the world.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
All i see with the Pirates is the traditional fight of Poor against the Rich. The poor resort to such tactics to get rich and the rich use moral high ground to defend or kill them. The existence of Rich and Poor itself is highly immoral and they useing morality as an charge to kill the poor who fight back which is even more highly immoral, everything belongs to everyone equally. Today its all bifurcated and it either belongs to the rich or to the state.

In reality no one is born with will or title of ownership to anything, we steal what belongs to everyone and then when such disparities happen due to hoarding we use the Moral high ground to kick the poor.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
All i see with the Pirates is the traditional fight of Poor against the Rich. The poor resort to such tactics to get rich and the rich use moral high ground to defend or kill them. The existence of Rich and Poor itself is highly immoral and they useing morality as an charge to kill the poor who fight back which is even more highly immoral, everything belongs to everyone equally. Today its all bifurcated and it either belongs to the rich or to the state.

In reality no one is born with will or title of ownership to anything, we steal what belongs to everyone and then when such disparities happen due to hoarding we use the Moral high ground to kick the poor.
What about the "poor" in Asia who toil to make the goods that ship to Europe over the Gulf of Aden? Your morality/justification argument is deeply flawed.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What about the "poor" in Asia who toil to make the goods that ship to Europe over the Gulf of Aden? Your morality/justification argument is deeply flawed.
Either of them have no reason to be poor, if someone has no interest to work like a slave for 10hours he should be left alone to eat the fruits of nature. But they wont give you a drop of water if you dont want to work for it or peddle society's wheel. Society has created you whole and sole for the purpose of maintaining its own continuity. Yet nature has provided everything for everyone without any segregation or bias.

indiandude123

PLA top General : " International community should destroy the land base of Pirates"
the only way you can do this is by full scale invasion of Somalia.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Either of them have no reason to be poor, if someone has no interest to work like a slave for 10hours he should be left alone to eat the fruits of nature.
But most people don't want to enjoy the fruits of nature, they want to toil and getter a better life (better than their peers atleast). Greed, jealousy has driven human society and continues to drive it forward. Today they have a sophisticated name for it : Capitalism

Society has created you whole and sole for the purpose of maintaining its own continuity. Yet nature has provided everything for everyone without any segregation or bias.
GK you're sounding like an anarchist...

Oracle

You two should read the full speech by General Chen, in which he admitted Chinese military is at least 20 years behind American military.
Never needed to go beyond the headline. It's a matter of days, when someone from CCP China will cry out about US trying to contain China using it's allies in Asia and that China will respond severely. :pound:

Thats not in line with the world order especially the way china wants to project itself to the world.
Yes, and it shocked me. I am sure it shocked the Americans too.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
This statement has come from PLA only when they saw what Pirates have done to their ship and its crew. Hope PLA and PRC says the same thing about terrorists in Pakistan and says that international community should attack the terrorists and their land bases in that area.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
But most people don't want to enjoy the fruits of nature, they want to toil and getter a better life (better than their peers atleast). Greed, jealousy has driven human society and continues to drive it forward. Today they have a sophisticated name for it : Capitalism
GK you're sounding like an anarchist...
I agree that greed which is only a form of fear drives society forward today, they use fear to control people and make them follow, like anything born of fear it is destructive, i think if someone wants to be left alone to eat the fruits of nature he should not be troubled but that does not happen these days.However i dont understand if you agree or dont agree with your own explanation?

I am not an Anarchist, i would support anarchy if the people are educated about themselves and their emotions of greed,anger,hate etc and its source, otherwise just letting lose anarchy will accomplish nothing and those emotions will brings back the society to where it is now, so there is no point in that.

What about you LB are you an anarchist?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles