PLA Navy second medium-size hovercraft sea trial

satish007

each 071 is supposed to load 4 of them

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Hovercrafts make a lot of noise.

I wonder how they are to be used in war.

For Coast Guard duties they are good and can chase smugglers and poachers in sea and all the way into the land too!

satish007

ops, my pictures are not visiable and all bing,google, chinese cheap copy search engine baidu messages has been blocked.

shiphone

Country flag
the original source of these pix is HSH forum...I'm trying to fix the pix here...

the first Type 7XX hovercaft, sidenumber : 3320...Launched in DEC 2009 at JN shipyard,Shanghai

--------------
the second one : 3321 in sea trial...

-----------------------
the third one: under construction(3322 the right one ,the left is the 3321)....background is the two 052D DDG abuilding as well..

===================
the three tpye 071 LPD in service could carry 12 of them in total...

===================

if you have any doubt about the military purpose of Hovercraft, I happened to read this US Navy new concept :MLPS (Mobile Landing Platform Ship) news on Mar 2nd ..it seems USN is not only developping the next Gen LCAC ,but also the new carrying platforms besides the LPDs and LHDs

and i would like to end my post with this ....

Last edited:

satish007

thanks for you contribution shiphone.
cir and cinoti are in jail.
we have to post these boring miracle stuff byself.
Should Indian also have some? for Sri Lanka or Bangong Lake.

satish007

@shiphone, just notice your post like rate almost 50% > cinoti 38% , well done.
but cinoti is still stronger than you, he is a productive post, he just joined couple months, and post reaching 1000, and most of his time are in jail.
and 50% his post are mocking India using his "civil words",
so 38% like rate and 800 post in couple day. what's a good forumer.
DFI Mod, please release him, I know he had bad behavior ,but please give him a chance, he may be a good guy now.

Last edited by a moderator:

J20!

Country flag
Hovercrafts make a lot of noise.

I wonder how they are to be used in war.

For Coast Guard duties they are good and can chase smugglers and poachers in sea and all the way into the land too!
Hahaha! An amphibious assault isn't exactly quiet Ray. Have you seen one personally?

Helicopters flying at low levels up ahead, very loud amphibious assault vehicles and tanks, firing their guns as they go, ship based gun and guided rocket support, landing craft with those very big, loud engines, marines shouting and being shouted at etc etc. It isn't the most quiet environment.

Hovercraft can come in carrying a 50 ton tank flying over the water at more than 40 knots at hour at a range of over 300 km. They're top max speed goes up to almost 70knots. True over-the-horizon amphibious assaults aren't possible with the slower, short-legged traditional landing craft. And as a plus, that hovercraft can maneuver on land and deliver its heavy armor payload several miles inland as opposed to landing craft that can only beach.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

There is like no carry capacity on these things. Look at how small the deck space is.

pmaitra

@satish007, some of your pictures in OP are no longer visible. Why don't you host them on some free sites, like imageshack, and post them? Ignore this if those were subsequently posted.

satish007

@satish007, some of your pictures in OP are no longer visible. Why don't you host them on some free sites, like imageshack, and post them? Ignore this if those were subsequently posted.
thanks, understood, will do that next time.

satish007

Hahaha! An amphibious assault isn't exactly quiet Ray. Have you seen one personally?
DFI Indian forum, if Chinese forumers post too many pro-china posts, they will impact DFI business.
Ray just try to balance the threads, 50% good news and 50% bad news. he may be love china and dislike his job but he have to.
we should thanks his effort.

satish007

There is like no carry capacity on these things. Look at how small the deck space is.
the big box can be removed. so space is still ok.

only one light tank and some soldiers. they will not face Taiwan. may be they are for Somali and other African countries.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
DFI Indian forum, if Chinese forumers post too many pro-china posts, they will impact DFI business.
Ray just try to balance the threads, 50% good news and 50% bad news. he may be love china and dislike his job but he have to.
we should thanks his effort.
I like you Satish, you're the coolest Indian poster here by far. I even look forward to your posts these days. Informative with a twist:thumb:

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
the big box can be removed. so space is still ok.
only one light tank and some soldiers. they will not face Taiwan. may be they are for Somali and other African countries.
Light tank? Its rated for 70 tons in overload mode, that's more than the heaviest tank in PLAMC service by a big margin.

shiphone

Country flag
the same thing on USA LCAC...

even bigger...

inside

------------------------
obviously the Type 7xx has no the same loading area and lift ability as LCAC...but it still could carry something around 50 tons, the 70 tons figure should be the USA LCAC's.

ZTZ96 on Type 7xx

--------------------
@shiphone, just notice your post like rate almost 50% > cinoti 38% , well done.
but cinoti is still stronger than you, he is a productive post, he just joined couple months, and post reaching 1000, and most of his time are in jail.
and 50% his post are mocking India using his "civil words",
so 38% like rate and 800 post in couple day. what's a good forumer.
DFI Mod, please release him, I know he had bad behavior ,but please give him a chance, he may be a good guy now.
it seems I should give out more 'like' as return...LOL .
I used to ignore this 'like' button..

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Helicopters flying at low levels up ahead, very loud amphibious assault vehicles and tanks, firing their guns as they go, ship based gun and guided rocket support, landing craft with those very big, loud engines, marines shouting and being shouted at etc etc. It isn't the most quiet environment.

Hovercraft can come in carrying a 50 ton tank flying over the water at more than 40 knots at hour at a range of over 300 km. They're top max speed goes up to almost 70knots. True over-the-horizon amphibious assaults aren't possible with the slower, short-legged traditional landing craft. And as a plus, that hovercraft can maneuver on land and deliver its heavy armor payload several miles inland as opposed to landing craft that can only beach.
Indeed I have seen them.

Our Coast Guard has them.

I would not like to base my ideas of amphibious operations on gung ho war movies or the Rambo and Jackie Chang fantasies!

Helicopters, air force, artillery and the amphibious operation are on, right?!

Think again.

Neither would be a similar to a beach landing in Normandy. The world has changed and the militaries are geared up with modern weapons and surveillance systems.

What in your opinion would constitute an amphibious force?

And how will it be fought?

Do you think in the initial stages, a helicopter has a ghost of a chance with hand held AD and AD weapons?

Do you realise that given the composition of the amphibious force, what would be the number of ships to ferry such force that has troops, tanks, artillery, combat support echelons, combat service support echelons, helicopters and the tonnage to sustain the force, if it can achieve its mission?

Can you visualise the situation when the Beach Head is being taken?

Do you think it is a cakewalk?

The greatest obstacle to amphibious operations, whether in times of international conflict is that area between the point of departure – a transport ship at anchor offshore, or formal port within sailing distance of the destination – and the beach or landing point. Any amphibious force is at its most vulnerable during the transition from water to land. In war, this area will be strongly defended by an enemy, while changeable beach gradients, unsurveyed obstacles and mis-forecast weather conditions all take their toll on accurate predictions – and the safe arrival of a displacement vessel.

And as the amphibious infantry sails in and then disembarks to move and land, it is met with opposition. Soft skinned Hovercrafts and the troops therein have no hope in hell! Why? They are huge targets. Check the silhouette!

Other military disadvantages are that: it is soft skinned and thus the crew and payload bay are vulnerable to small arms fire; it is certainly noisy, although with ducts and modern propeller designs it is becoming less so; and it has a small payload/tonnage ratio.

Operating Hovercraft in ROUGH sea condition is not feasible!

Can one predict the sea conditions?

They are useful for support once the beachH has been taken, provided they have been brought on ships.

One must not forget the Hovercrafts are huge and not small like inflatable boats and they take a lot of space and so add to the flotilla!

If Chinese Admirals and Generals are like you, life would be a ball!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
However, I would go along that it is worth another 'showcasing' and rooting for China that it has been there and done that!

Oh yes, have I seen an amphibious operation in war?

No.

India has not done so, so far.

Have I seen the training?

Guess! ;)

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
well yes same type is required for IN .. We have to give more teeth to them .

cir

ops, my pictures are not visiable and all bing,google, chinese cheap copy search engine baidu messages has been blocked.
We all know that those who make cheap comments are cheap。

Global Defence

New threads

Articles