PLA lieutenant General"Without political reforms China shall perish"

no smoking

Country flag
The members consisted of Jiang Qing, Mao Zedong's last wife as the leading figure of the group, and her close associates Zhang Chunqiao, Yao Wenyuan, and Wang Hongwen.

The Gang of Four effectively controlled the power organs of the Communist Party of China through the latter stages of the Cultural Revolution, although it remains unclear which major decisions were made through Mao Zedong and carried out by the Gang, and which were the result of the Gang of Four's own planning.

The Gang of Four, together with disgraced Communist general Lin Biao, were labeled the two major "counter-revolutionary forces" of the Cultural Revolution and officially blamed by the Chinese government for the worst excesses of the societal chaos that ensued during the ten years of turmoil. Their downfall in a coup d'état on October 6, 1976, a mere month after Mao's death, brought about major celebrations on the streets of Beijing and marked the end of a turbulent political era in China.

Now, who were you talking about?
Sir, do you really understand what you are talking about?

Linking Mao's wife to General Liu is really a laughable strategy. The reason that Jiang was hated is that she was using dirty hands to fight her enemis far beyond any political tolerance in China.

General Liu, he was just speaking a chinese-style political language, nothing more nothing less.

Just as I said, Ray, you always get your fact right, but failed to understand the meaning.

ice berg

Just as I said, Ray, you always get your fact right, but failed to understand the meaning.
Glad I am not the only one who feel this way. Not a promising start for our dear brigadier. Still living in the 70s and no clue of what really happend.

no smoking

Country flag
Glad I am not the only one who feel this way. Not a promising start for our dear brigadier. Still living in the 70s and no clue of what really happend.
No, I would say that Ray just trys to understand chinese move with india logics.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I thought Chinese society had respect for the aged. :-D

W.G.Ewald

Professional
"The United States secret of success is not on Wall Street, nor the Silicon Valley, but in the enduring rule of law and the system behind the law." LIU Ya-zhou expressed that only the system can be trusted. LIU Ya-zhou said, China does not lack the truth, but lack tolerance of expressing the truth, "if there is no democracy, there is no sustained growth. Spread of democratic ideas are not constrained by national borders, are not subject to historical limitations."
American Conservatives respect the U.S.Constitution, whereas the Progressives invoke whatever rights they happen to have invented for the moment. The next presidential election will be a measure of whether the USA regains the rule of law or continues to bend to the emotions of the mob.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
American Conservatives respect the U.S.Constitution, whereas the Progressives invoke whatever rights they happen to have invented for the moment. The next presidential election will be a measure of whether the USA regains the rule of law or continues to bend to the emotions of the mob.

I think it's the reverse. American Conservatives "bend to the emotions" of the Halliburton lobby everytime. The US State Department and Defense Department would even fabricate a cheap lie just to satisfy these emotions (invade Iraq for oil)!

Last edited:

Soorya Dhanush

Apple daily is Hong Kong news, He probably write it from hongkong, it would have been dificult from Main Land, besides He has family connections from high level(who participated in the revolution), loves western liberal democratic system, is an ultra jingoist. Wife: Li Xiaolin (daughter of former President Li Xiannian), no one can touch him..
Every thing is possible in communist country.We have seen lot of examples from WW 1 and 2.Its like james bond movie only..

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I think it's the reverse. American Conservatives "bend to the emotions" of the Halliburton lobby everytime. The US State Department and Defense Department would even fabricate a cheap lie just to satisfy these emotions (invade Iraq for oil)!
Halliburton bid on contracts and got the job done, AFAIK. Contract review was according to regulations, AFAIK. Do you have anything to the contrary?

All leftists could ever do is chant Halliburton Cheney Halliburton Cheney Halliburton Cheney Halliburton Cheney ad nauseum.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Halliburton bid on contracts and got the job done, AFAIK. Contract review was according to regulations, AFAIK. Do you have anything to the contrary?

All leftists could ever do is chant Halliburton Cheney Halliburton Cheney Halliburton Cheney Halliburton Cheney ad nauseum.

Not all are lefties, I'm not a leftist FYI. You cannot deny that the rationale for the Iraq invasion was oil. Cheney, being the most influential VP in American history, we all know he is a former Halliburton executive, engineered the whole scenario. That war sapped whatever goodwill and budget surplus the Clinton administration left. But most importantly, that war strengthened Iran more than any other country (a strategic mistake if you ask me).

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Not all are lefties, I'm not a leftist FYI. You cannot deny that the rationale for the Iraq invasion was oil. Cheney, being the most influential VP in American history, we all know he is a former Halliburton executive, engineered the whole scenario. That war sapped whatever goodwill and budget surplus the Clinton administration left. But most importantly, that war strengthened Iran more than any other country (a strategic mistake if you ask me).
You have the leftist arguments going for you. I'll side with the PLA LTG. :-D

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You have the leftist arguments going for you. I'll side with the PLA LTG. :-D

You're trying to box me in to discredit my arguments, ad hominem? As a close US observer I think the Bush, Jr. administration was an absolute disaster. But the worst credit still goes for that stu*id Iraq invasion...:frusty: PLA LTG?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The invasion of Iraq was for many reasons to include Oil.

Oil. OPEC was playing havoc by not only controlling the price, but was also manipulating oil production to make oil price fluctuate as per their whims. The US depends heavily on oil to run their industries and the military and so it was necessary to break this OPEC oil cartel. Iraq had the second largest oil fields in the world, and what is important is that it is 'sweet oil' (low on sulphur). If the US controlled the Iraq oil, it would be a death blow to the OPEC oil carte.

Strategic Requirement.

1. The Middle East is a turbulent area. It is also the major area that can affect world economy since it is the major area of world's oil. Therefore, it was essential to have a military presence to be able to intervene in case of disputes and conflicts. It was too time consuming to mobilise a force from CONUS and Europe and it was necessary to have a cognizable force in the area for immediate intervention. Iraq was the ideal area to station a force. If one observes the map of the Middle East, one would find that Iraq is in the centre and borders almost all the countries of the Middle East. However, with Saddam Hussein there, there was no chance of basing US troops in Iraq.

Therefore, Iraq came into US' strategic sight!

2. The USSR had broken up and Russia was still trying to consolidate its borders. The Central Asian countries were trying to loosen its dependence on Russia. It was essential to 'assist' the CAR countries. By invading Iraq, the US troops presence would be close to intervene, if the necessity arose. This is what was termed as pushing in onto the Russian underbelly! And then there was another area of interest - CAR's vast hydrocarbon deposits.

3. Be able to influence the activities in Iran being next door in Iraq.

It would be interesting to note that while the US troops are leaving Iraq, they are not going too far. They are bunkering down in Kuwait, with a pro US Iraqi Govt!

The strategic requirement thus is still preserved.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
You're trying to box me in to discredit my arguments, ad hominem? As a close US observer I think the Bush, Jr. administration was an absolute disaster. But the worst credit still goes for that stu*id Iraq invasion...:frusty: PLA LTG?
What the Chinese general said is significant because it shows Obama's bowing and scraping and apologizing around the world was unnecessary. You box yourself in with your need to parrot the American left about GWB and Iraq (which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread). How is pointing out that you follow the leftist agenda ad hominem? It is what it is. Don't pity yourself, and if you want to really be a close US observer, open your mind.

Unless you are here on DFI earning your 50 cents as a "close US observer." :lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am a close US, China, Russia, India, Pakistan observer.

In fact, a UN observer! :)

Now pay me a 1000 cents since it is a huge, arduous and onerous task that demands more than 50 cents. :rofl:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What the Chinese general said is significant because it shows Obama's bowing and scraping and apologizing around the world was unnecessary. You box yourself in with your need to parrot the American left about GWB and Iraq (which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread). How is pointing out that you follow the leftist agenda ad hominem? It is what it is. Don't pity yourself, and if you want to really be a close US observer, open your mind.
You were the first to raise the political issue against American Democrats which has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, I was pointing out the obvious record of the Republicans.

Regarding the observer thing I guess I went over the top on that one, but for the record I'm not being paid by the DFI to post. Thank you. :lol:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Strategic Requirement.

1. The Middle East is a turbulent area. It is also the major area that can affect world economy since it is the major area of world's oil. Therefore, it was essential to have a military presence to be able to intervene in case of disputes and conflicts. It was too time consuming to mobilise a force from CONUS and Europe and it was necessary to have a cognizable force in the area for immediate intervention. Iraq was the ideal area to station a force. If one observes the map of the Middle East, one would find that Iraq is in the centre and borders almost all the countries of the Middle East. However, with Saddam Hussein there, there was no chance of basing US troops in Iraq.

Therefore, Iraq came into US' strategic sight!

2. The USSR had broken up and Russia was still trying to consolidate its borders. The Central Asian countries were trying to loosen its dependence on Russia. It was essential to 'assist' the CAR countries. By invading Iraq, the US troops presence would be close to intervene, if the necessity arose. This is what was termed as pushing in onto the Russian underbelly! And then there was another area of interest - CAR's vast hydrocarbon deposits.

3. Be able to influence the activities in Iran being next door in Iraq.

It would be interesting to note that while the US troops are leaving Iraq, they are not going too far. They are bunkering down in Kuwait, with a pro US Iraqi Govt!

The strategic requirement thus is still preserved.

This one is seriously in doubt. The Iraqi government is now crippled and is not in a position to challenge Iran. In fact the country is heavily infiltrated/influenced by Iran. And after the skirmish inside the Government I think the Shia majority will gain complete control of Iraq (Iran is Shia in case you forgot). And in the ME ethnic and religious affinities matter more than nationalism...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To be fair to all, the DFI coffers are as good as Nil.

Therefore, we can't pay anyone! :)

In fact, the Moderators, Administrators and the Mentor have not been paid for their services ever since the Forum began.

I think it is time to unionise and carry out some collective bargaining.

I am about to consult Gurudas Dasgupta!

:rofl:

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
To be fair to all, the DFI coffers are as good as Nil.

Therefore, we can't pay anyone! :)

Oh, don't worry I'm not here for the pay. The DFI can't afford me even if it wants to...:rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles