Philippines : News and Discussion

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Yggdrasil

Country flag
Someone needs to remove DuTURDe asap. I thought the guy was good when he started out but turned out to be a major CCP bootlicker.

America should do some "regime change" moves over there.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Someone needs to remove DuTURDe asap. I thought the guy was good when he started out but turned out to be a major CCP bootlicker.

America should do some "regime change" moves over there.

He keeps on killing our countrymen without due process in the name of anti-drugs campaign and yet he does not touch the biggest drug smugglers in the country who are Chinese nationals (80%+ of the illegal drugs in the Philippines wre smuggled from China).

China is simply the biggest tgreat to Asia right now, peace and security-wise, socially and econonically.

Regarding being China's lapdog, i knew from the start Duterte's true color. I even spent money to campaign ahainst him. But the "deplorables" in our country are too much to hold off last election. Thanks to social mefia and fake news Duterte was able to convince millions to vote for him. But I know a lot who are now regretting.

Yggdrasil

Country flag
He keeps on killing our countrymen without due process in the name of anti-drugs campaign and yet he does not touch the biggest drug smugglers in the country who are Chinese nationals (80%+ of the illegal drugs in the Philippines wre smuggled from China).

China is simply the biggest tgreat to Asia right now, peace and security-wise, socially and econonically.

Regarding being China's lapdog, i knew from the start Duterte's true color. I even spent money to campaign ahainst him. But the "deplorables" in our country are too much to hold off last election. Thanks to social mefia and fake news Duterte was able to convince millions to vote for him. But I know a lot who are now regretting.
I had no idea about Chinese drug smugglers. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Do you think he's corrupt - took money from CCP? What explains his stupid behaviour?

I know a LOT of Filipinos who absolutely hate the guy - hope he gets voted out next round.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I had no idea about Chinese drug smugglers. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Do you think he's corrupt - took money from CCP? What explains his stupid behaviour?

I know a LOT of Filipinos who absolutely hate the guy - hope he gets voted out next round.
He's so corrupt like all traditional politicians in the Philippines. His daughter is the mayor of his hometown while his son is the vice-mayor. He is using his strongman persona to appeal to the masses.

In fact, the biggest issue that threatened to derail his candidacy was his alleged ill-gotten wealth that ultimately his lawyers successfully kept under wraps due to the strict bank secrecy laws in the Philippines.

The only reason he is against the US is because the US from the start has been critical of his appalling human rights record in Davao. Several years ago his application for US visa was denied. That's why he courted the Chinese.

His vice-mayor son is long rumored to be a member of the Chinese triad. In fact he was challenged recently by a prominent opposition senator to show his body to disprove his links to the Triad but he refused. He does not have photos of his body tatoos.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, our constitution only gives the President 1 term in office for 6 years. Now Duterte is trying to amend the Constitution.

All previous efforts by past presidents do away with the single term provision have proven to be so unpopular that all failed. I hope we still have enough national sanity left to maintain that stance.

amoy

Sorry to prick your bubble. U're one of the deplorables spreading fake news / disinfo.

1) on Chinese: in the Philippines it's said around 20% or above are Chinese or with Chinese descent. be careful not to overgeneralize Chinese Filipinos as ethnic Chinese are controlling its economy. In local politics Duteter and Aquinos all claim to share Chinese origin.

2) Filipinos I met, instead of a false-flagger like u, see Duteter as a chance for (radical) changes in fighting drug trafficking and muslim militancy. Is he also corrupt? Not sure. At least he's not more corrupt than those dynastic families who control PHL politics, Aquino, Marcos, Macapagal Aroyyo and the likes.

Most Southeast Asian countries are quite corrupt except Chinese-dominant Singapore. Why? Maybe u as a "filipino" r able to explain.

3) And u accused Duteter as a lapdog to China? Hmmm he's not. What he's doing is in PHL's interest. Your label is no new trick. Mud slinging is quite common in PHL politics. Aquino Jr. did the same to his predecessor Arroyo, by revoking contracts with China, and throwing Arroyo into jail for "corruption".

Of course there're always some gruntling due to their "vested interests" being hurt. Basically just a few 'FALIMIES' in the game.

4) China a threat to Asia? haha, which Asia are u in ? U try to speak on behalf of whole Asia?? There're some Asian countries at odds with China but just a few. And even those who have territorial spats try to contain the disputes.

In Thailand I encountered a Filipino who worked in Dubai. He told me Manila was probably the most dangerous capital in Asia due to poverty. I said "Poverty is everywhere in Asia (except probably East Asia) , but why has Manila been an extreme?" He answered the poverty in PHL (Manila) was sort of DESPERATE poverty - simply hopeless.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry to prick your bubble. U're one of the deplorables spreading fake news / disinfo.

1) on Chinese: in the Philippines it's said around 20% or above are Chinese or with Chinese descent. be careful not to overgeneralize Chinese Filipinos as ethnic Chinese are controlling its economy. In local politics Duteter and Aquinos all claim to share Chinese origin.

2) Filipinos I met, instead of a false-flagger like u, see Duteter as a chance for (radical) changes in fighting drug trafficking and muslim militancy. Is he also corrupt? Not sure. At least he's not more corrupt than those dynastic families who control PHL politics, Aquino, Marcos, Macapagal Aroyyo and the likes.

Most Southeast Asian countries are quite corrupt except Chinese-dominant Singapore. Why? Maybe u as a "filipino" r able to explain.

3) And u accused Duteter as a lapdog to China? Hmmm he's not. What he's doing is in PHL's interest. Your label is no new trick. Mud slinging is quite common in PHL politics. Aquino Jr. did the same to his predecessor Arroyo, by revoking contracts with China, and throwing Arroyo into jail for "corruption".

Of course there're always some gruntling due to their "vested interests" being hurt. Basically just a few 'FALIMIES' in the game.

4) China a threat to Asia? haha, which Asia are u in ? U try to speak on behalf of whole Asia?? There're some Asian countries at odds with China but just a few. And even those who have territorial spats try to contain the disputes.

In Thailand I encountered a Filipino who worked in Dubai. He told me Manila was probably the most dangerous capital in Asia due to poverty. I said "Poverty is everywhere in Asia (except probably East Asia) , but why has Manila been an extreme?" He answered the poverty in PHL (Manila) was sort of DESPERATE poverty - simply hopeless.

This is why I hate idiots.

1. When I say "Chinese" I always refer to Chinese nationals or the crude Chinese from mainland (just ask Hongkongers about their sentiments for mainland Chinese).

Filipinos of Chinese decent are Filipinos, they're not Chinese. My wife is of Chinese decent but she is a Filipino and hates China.

2. So you are with the "diplorables" crowd? Why am I not surprised. But the deplorables are slowly realizing the folly of supporting for a mass murderer traitor President;

3. What Philippine interest is he serving by staying mute in the face of naked Chinese agression and territorial grab? He has not even issued a diplomatic protest against Chinese activitied in our EEZ.

But everytime he is criticized by Americans or Europeans about his mass murder program a.k.a. "anti-drugs campaign" he would immediately launch into a vicious incoherent rant! But ask him about China then he immediately turns into a senile (we won against China in Hague).

Then he would not arrest the biggest drug smugglers and drug lords in the country who are Chinese while he keeps on murdering poor Filipinos.

What a fucked up World!

4. About poverty in the Philippines, well there was a time when you mainland Chinese were migrating in droves to the Philippines to escape abject poverty in China. Mind you there are still a lot of poor mainland Chinese who are applying for Philippine naturalization until now! They are selling cheap Chinese products in the Philippines and would marry one of their sales lady and stay in the Philippines , and convert to Philippine nationality.

Last edited:

amoy

This is why I hate idiots.

1. When I say "Chinese" I always refer to Chinese nationals or the crude Chinese from mainland (just ask Hongkongers about their sentiments for mainland Chinese).

Filipinos of Chinese decent are Filipinos, they're not Chinese. My wife is of Chinese decent but she is a Filipino and hates China.

2. So you are with the "diplorables" crowd? Why am I not surprised. But the deplorables are slowly realizing the folly of supporting for a mass murderer traitor President;

3. What Philippine interest is he serving by staying mute in the face of naked Chinese agression and territorial grab? He has not even issued a diplomatic protest against Chinese activitied in our EEZ.

But everytime he is criticized by Americans or Europeans about his mass murder program a.k.a. "anti-drugs campaign" he would immediately launch into a vicious incoherent rant! But ask him about China then he immediately turns into a senile (we won against China in Hague).

Then he would not arrest the biggest drug smugglers and drug lords in the country who are Chinese while he keeps on murdering poor Filipinos.

What a fucked up World!

4. About poverty in the Philippines, well there was a time when you mainland Chinese were migrating in droves to the Philippines to escape abject poverty in China. Mind you there are still a lot of poor mainland Chinese who are applying for Philippine naturalization until now! They are selling cheap Chinese products in the Philippines and would marry one of their sales lady and stay in the Philippines , and convert to Philippine nationality.
I don't care u or your wife hate mainland Chinese or whatever.

This world is such as people hate people for interest conflicts or venting their own frustrations toward others, or sense of superiority, or simply for no reasons at all.

I know this fact since I was a child. We (urban children) made up songs to mock dumb/ homely kids from the countryside (farmers). That is human nature.

There're always some applauding Duteter's actions against drug lords as radical means to address a hopeless state, and on the other hand some lamenting "mass murders". The former outnumber the latter for now. Feel free to tag the opposite side as "deplorable".

PHL interests are served by his diplomacy, and China allows PH fishermen back to the fishing grounds. NOt by verbal protests to no avail. U can continue to rant about "Chinese aggressions" or hold fast to "PHL territories" but nothing to back up your claim, and that Hague verdict simply is non binding. Both sides would have kept on asserting each's claim loudly & self righteously.

Yes the ultra POVERTY, as Filipinos decribed to me in person. Yes 'poor' Chinese applying for PH naturalization, but I bet they're better off than your indigenous countrymen. And u (if authorized) feel free to reject their application, or refuse to buy their "cheap products". I don't give a damn at all.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What ultra poverty are you talking about? We are much better off in the Philippines than a lot of mainland Chinese in China. In fact, a lot of mainland Chinese are still escaping China for the Philippines.

We have corruption in the Phiippines yes but so is China. The only problem we need to worry in the Philippines is the traitor in Malacanang.

Btw, in case you're hiding in your bubble, China is the most hated bully in Asia right now.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Philippines to boycott Canadian, U.S. military equipment

The president of the Philippines has ordered the country’s military to cancel a $234 million deal to buy Canadian-built combat utility helicopters.

President Rodrigo Duterte said Friday that equipment bought by the country’s military needs to be free of any restrictions since it could be used in fighting insurgents.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...-canadian-helicopter-contract-to-be-cancelled

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Philippines to boycott Canadian, U.S. military equipment

The president of the Philippines has ordered the country’s military to cancel a $234 million deal to buy Canadian-built combat utility helicopters.

President Rodrigo Duterte said Friday that equipment bought by the country’s military needs to be free of any restrictions since it could be used in fighting insurgents.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...-canadian-helicopter-contract-to-be-cancelled

Duterte better watch his back. The Philippine military is not so happy with his China-sucking.

Yggdrasil

Country flag
I don't care u or your wife hate mainland Chinese or whatever.

This world is such as people hate people for interest conflicts or venting their own frustrations toward others, or sense of superiority, or simply for no reasons at all.

I know this fact since I was a child. We (urban children) made up songs to mock dumb/ homely kids from the countryside (farmers). That is human nature.

There're always some applauding Duteter's actions against drug lords as radical means to address a hopeless state, and on the other hand some lamenting "mass murders". The former outnumber the latter for now. Feel free to tag the opposite side as "deplorable".

PHL interests are served by his diplomacy, and China allows PH fishermen back to the fishing grounds. NOt by verbal protests to no avail. U can continue to rant about "Chinese aggressions" or hold fast to "PHL territories" but nothing to back up your claim, and that Hague verdict simply is non binding. Both sides would have kept on asserting each's claim loudly & self righteously.

Yes the ultra POVERTY, as Filipinos decribed to me in person. Yes 'poor' Chinese applying for PH naturalization, but I bet they're better off than your indigenous countrymen. And u (if authorized) feel free to reject their application, or refuse to buy their "cheap products". I don't give a damn at all.
LOL the mainland delusions so deeply brainwashed have no reality outside China.

Have you watched Star Trek? They have a system called the "holodeck" in which all sorts of spectacular fake stuff is conjured up by technology, that instantly disappears when you step out of the room. PRC is a bit like that. You're kings in your own head and cheap, untrustworthy scum in the reality of the rest of the world.

Mainlanders migrate EVERYWHERE today, from Philippines to Indonesia to the US to Europe to Australia.

NOBODY wants to migrate to China.

Even your favourite prostitutes Porkistans go to India for medical help, not China.

Hong Kongers hate mainlanders.
Taiwanese hate mainlanders.
Singaporeans hate mainlanders.
All ASEAN nations hate mainlanders.

There isn't one neighbour of China that doesn't hate it. Bribing corrupt politicians and taking over ports and land isn't going to buy you goodwill or trust.

China's hubris will be its undoing, its propaganda and brainwashing and opporession will one day bring it down. I have great respect for the civilisation of China, you should think about how your insane CCP has completely ruined the country as well as all foreign relations. The Chinese people are industrious and clever enough to develop on their own, you've been fooled into thinking it's all thanks to the CCP.

Here's a quote from Animal Farm, I wonder if it sounds familiar. The parallels are incredible.

"Napoleon was now never spoken of simply as 'Napoleon'. He was always referred to in formal style as 'our Leader, Comrade Napoleon', and the pigs liked to invent for him such titles as Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheep-fold, Ducklings' Friend, and the like. In his speeches, Squealer would talk with the tears rolling down his cheeks of Napoleon’s wisdom, the goodness of his heart, and the deep love he bore to all animals everywhere, even and especially the unhappy animals who still lived in ignorance and slavery on other farms. It had become usual to give Napoleon the credit for every successful achievement and every stroke of good fortune. You would often hear one hen remark to another, 'Under the guidance of our Leader, Comrade Napoleon, I have laid five eggs in six days', or two cows, enjoying a drink at the pool, would exclaim, 'Thanks to the leadership of Comrade Napoleon, how excellent this water tastes!'

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
French OCEA to Supply Patrol Boats and OPV to Philippines

The Philippines Coast-Guards selected OCEA for the supply of 5 boats at civil standards, with the associated logistic support services: 4 fast-patrol boats of 24 m Type OCEA FPB 72 MKII, 1 offshore patrol vessel of 84 m type OCEA OPV 270, cCrew and maintenance teams training, the maintenance of the vessels in operational condition.

OCEA fast patrol boat FPB 72MKII (24 m) is a well-known model within the shipyard, who already delivered such units to Nigeria in 2012, to Suriname in 2013, and again to Nigeria in 2017.

OCEA OPV 270 offshore patrol vessel (84 m) is the outcome of 30 years of experience and permanent innovation in the field of aluminum design and shipbuilding. OCEA confirms its presence in the offshore patrol vessels (OPV) segment, initiated during the 2014 EURONAVAL exhibition by the presentation of its OPV range. OCEA has already delivered 60 m units to the Indonesian Navy in 2015 and to the Senegalese Navy in 2016.

These units will be built in the new facilities of OCEA shipyard in Les Sables d’Olonne.

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...oats-and-opv-to-philippines-coast-guards.html

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles