Petrol up by 7.5 per litre

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The public transport system is appalling.

If only this was good, then there would have not been so much of an outcry and consternation.

In Singapore the tax is higher for diesel cars.

In Europe, the diesel has a much lower sulphur content.

If it is done in India, the refining costs will go up and so the diesel will continue to be a polluter here.

The depreciation of the Rupee is because of the poor economic policy and too many populist scheme that have been planned and executed without thinking the issues through.....something like the Iraq War planning.... victory but no exit plan!

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
The public transport system is appalling.

If only this was good, then there would have not been so much of an outcry and consternation.

In Singapore the tax is higher for diesel cars.

In Europe, the diesel has a much lower sulphur content.

If it is done in India, the refining costs will go up and so the diesel will continue to be a polluter here.

The depreciation of the Rupee is because of the poor economic policy and too many populist scheme that have been planned and executed without thinking the issues through.....something like the Iraq War planning.... victory but no exit plan!
you are right but p[ls tell me what is income of per person there as compare to India.

don't you think why dollar is rising because now leaders are taking back there black money to India before look pal bill (top secret)

why they are not allowing our companies to produce more oil here in India because they get money from commission from other countries

ejazr

Ambassador
Basu actually mentioned that partial diesel deregulation may also be on the cards.

The fact that this time Mamta explicitly has mentioned that she will not pull out of the coalition shows that its different this time. Last year she threatened that a rollback be done or she will exit UPA.

Does this mean that we will see movement on diesel deregulation, subsidy reform and possibly *fingers crossed* FDI in retail?

Here is the article quoting Basu from April
Subsidy reform, partial diesel decontrol in 6 months: Basu - PTI -
After the flak over his remarks to a think tank in Washington, chief economic advisor Kaushik Basu feels India will see "some important" reforms in the next six months, including on subsidies and may be partial diesel decontrol and FDI in retail.

However, he feels the "biggest reform" GST(Goods and Services Tax) may be tougher because it is good and not everybody wants it to happen under the present regime.

Basu, whose remarks on Wednesday that no big ticket reform is possible till 2014 elections raised a political flutter back home, said there is a serious risk of another European crisis in 2014 and appropriate measures need to be taken to avert another global economic crisis.

"Among the reforms that will happen, I hope, is, subsidy reform. The finance minister talked about this in his budget.

We will try to use the UID system that we are developing to cut down leakage in subsidy," he said in an interview to PTI.

"In India the leakage is so big that if we can cut this down, it will help cut down our fiscal deficit. So that's a very important reform, which I think will happen," he said.

On FDI in multi-brand retail, he said, "you can't be 100% sure, but I feel that it's very likely that it will happen. This can be a big boost to Indian farmers and small producers. It will also have an uplifting on investor confidence."

The other one, which is more difficult politically, is diesel decontrol, Basu said. "May be what can happen is a partial decontrol. This is not a very well defined term. There are different kinds of partial decontrol that you can have.

"What we should ideally do is to have a small subsidy that is fixed per liter. This will partially shelter the consumer but will allow the rise and fall of global price to be mirrored in India. This is essential for market efficiency," Basu said.

The chief economic advisor said his remarks at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace were clear and addressed towards the possible European crisis and had nothing to do with the 2014 general elections as being reported in the media.

"There is nothing to clarify. I meant everything that I said; the lack of clarity was in its reporting," he said, adding around this central message, he talked about India.

Basu said in his lecture on Wednesday he had said that India needs to strengthen itself for the possible European crisis of 2014.

"Thanks to the strains of coalition politics there is a slowdown in reforms. Nevertheless, we will see some important reforms within the next six months.

"This is in our political and economic interest. But the biggest reform, the GST, is going to be much tougher because there you need a constitutional amendment," he said.

In fact, he said, an interesting reason why GST is so difficult is because all parties realise this is very good.

"Therefore, not everybody wants it to happen under the present regime," Basu said.

He said 2014 was significant in his talk because of Europe and had nothing to do with the Indian elections. "We in India love politics so much that for us 2014 is nothing but the year of general elections. India has gone through a difficult year with some slowdown in growth," he noted.

"This has three causes �" the European crisis, our difficult battle with inflation and the slowdown in decision-making and reforms and the disruption of Parliament that we have seen in the last year," he said.

"There is a serious risk of another European crisis in 2014," the chief economic adviser said.

This, he said, was the central theme of his talk at the Washington-based think tank.

"This is not hand-waving but is based on analysis. In December 2011 and February 2012, the ECB (European Central Bank) pumped in about USD 1.3 trillion of money into Euro Zone banks. This immediately calmed the markets and I think what ECB did was right," he said.

"But you have to remember that these are loans that have to be repaid in three years. So if Europe does not manage to reform its fiscal system, then three years from now, when the time comes for this huge amount of money injected into the system to be withdrawn, we could see another European crisis, with shock waves for the entire world," Basu said.

"I argued we have to take measures against this so that we can avert the global crisis of 2014. That was the gist of my talk," Basu said.

prakashbioc

Wah, wah!! What a comparison. India in the same bracket as Pakistan and Bangladesh. Do you know what is the price of petrol in UK? £1.6 per liter.
Are you comparing UK with India in terms of economy and per capita GDP?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A cup of tea in the UK costs One Pound!

H.A.

Expect the petrol prices to drop by Rs. 1 or Rs. 2 by the 31st May

NDA has called for a Bharat Bandh on the May 31st

arya

Country flag
Expect the petrol prices to drop by Rs. 1 or Rs. 2 by the 31st May

NDA has called for a Bharat Bandh on the May 31st

why not govt increase petrol and desile for SUV and high valued

i have an idea give notice to company or petrol pump they if your car or jeep is less then 5 lakh value then your prices will be less

if your car/jeep/etc are more then 5 lak then you should pay more

problem solved

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Solved? Hardly.

It is impossible to implement that kind of differential pricing in India. All that will achieve is, thousands of fistcuffs between petrol pump attendants and car drivers throughout the nation. And thousands of small bribes/commissions to petrol pump attendants.

Differential pricing is impossible.

arya

Country flag
^^ Solved? Hardly.

It is impossible to implement that kind of differential pricing in India. All that will achieve is, thousands of fistcuffs between petrol pump attendants and car drivers throughout the nation. And thousands of small bribes/commissions to petrol pump attendants.

Differential pricing is impossible.
why i cant see any single reason by only that method we can save mango Indian .

govt and do that and that will be benefit for both nation commies and mango peoples . they can do the same thing with cng gas ,cooking gas

only that method can save the nation

pmaitra

why not govt increase petrol and desile for SUV and high valued

i have an idea give notice to company or petrol pump they if your car or jeep is less then 5 lakh value then your prices will be less

if your car/jeep/etc are more then 5 lak then you should pay more

problem solved

govt and do that and that will be benefit for both nation commies and mango peoples . they can do the same thing with cng gas ,cooking gas

Just gathering a whole bunch of words and randomly putting them one after the other does not make a meaningful sentence. Also, since you are using a computer, making spelling mistakes with simple words like diesel, is a disgrace.

Seriously, get some help!

arya

Country flag
Just gathering a whole bunch of words and randomly putting them one after the other does not make a meaningful sentence.

Seriously, get some help!
if you get idea then my job is over . main thing is idea can change your life as per junior big b

thanks for your advise .

pmaitra

if you get idea then my job is over . main thing is idea can change your life as per junior big b

thanks for your advise .
Yes, I get your idea. You are talking about 'mango people.' I have no idea what that is.

Don't thank me for my advice. Get some help.

arya

Country flag
Yes, I get your idea. You are talking about 'mango people.' I have no idea what that is.

Don't thank me for my advice. Get some help.
that are common Indian fighting for daily life they are getting very less money and they have to live in city or village .

farmer, poor peoples, small company,etc

i not talking about those who sit in every second in ac room ac car ac wash room , i am talking about who work hard to spend there life

do you how hard they living , no one is thinking or talking about them neither govt nor media .

Galaxy

Country flag
This increase is not because of Crude price but currency de-valuation.

The total taxes work out to whopping 80%-85% on the basic price.

State wise sales tax charged on petrol (Top 5)

1) Andhra Pradesh - 33%
2) Kerala - 29.3
3) MP - 28.75%
4) Rajasthan - 28%
5) Assam - 27.5%

Most of these states are ruled by Congress including 4 out of top 5. Why not decrease sales tax ? Recently, BJP Goa CM, Parrikar, announced a reduction of 11 per litre of petrol. BJP ruled states like Gujarat, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, HP Karnataka have sales tax between 20% and 25%. 10%-20% makes lots of difference.

The depreciation of Rupee, by about 10% in the recent months from Rs. 50 per USD to Rs. 56 per USD has been MORE THAN OFFSET by the almost 20% decline in the global crude oil prices from USD 120 per barrel to USD 100 per barrel. So is it because "Sharp Depreciation of Rupee" ?

Now, Why Currency valuation is worst ever ?
It's because UPA government gave subsidy worth 10 Lakhs crore in last 8 years. The huge jump started in 2008 onwards (Before election). That is the reason, why our fiscal deficit is close to 6%. If revenue has not been increase nor there was/is any plan. How come government spent so much tax payer money for subsidy which at end is wastage due to corruption and poor system.

The point is due to incompetent UPA government, They are taking money and wasting it through Subsidy for the sake of Buying vote.

Last edited:

pmaitra

that are common Indian fighting for daily life they are getting very less money and they have to live in city or village .

farmer, poor peoples, small company,etc

i not talking about those who sit in every second in ac room ac car ac wash room , i am talking about who work hard to spend there life

do you how hard they living , no one is thinking or talking about them neither govt nor media .
They may be called farmers, labourers, peasants, etc.. Never heard of the term 'mango people.'

Anyway, carry on.
:facepalm:

arya

Country flag
They may be called farmers, labourers, peasants, etc.. Never heard of the term 'mango people.'

Anyway, carry on.
:facepalm:
that is the problem you and other high class never heard about common peoples look outside from your car you will see lots of lots on road mangos peoples , do you know how they are living .

in India we care for all thing not just human

arya

Country flag
This increase is not because of Crude price but currency de-valuation.

The total taxes work out to whopping 80%-85% on the basic price.

State wise sales tax charged on petrol (Top 5)

1) Andhra Pradesh - 33%
2) Kerala - 29.3
3) MP - 28.75%
4) Rajasthan - 28%
5) Assam - 27.5%

Most of these states are ruled by Congress including 4 out of top 5. Why not decrease sales tax ? Recently, BJP Goa CM, Parrikar, announced a reduction of 11 per litre of petrol. BJP ruled states like Gujarat, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, HP Karnataka have sales tax between 20% and 25%. 10%-20% makes lots of difference.

The depreciation of Rupee, by about 10% in the recent months from Rs. 50 per USD to Rs. 56 per USD has been MORE THAN OFFSET by the almost 20% decline in the global crude oil prices from USD 120 per barrel to USD 100 per barrel. So is it because "Sharp Depreciation of Rupee" ?

Now, Why Currency valuation is worst ever ?
It's because UPA government gave subsidy worth 10 Lakhs crore in last 8 years. The huge jump started in 2008 onwards (Before election). That is the reason, why our fiscal deficit is close to 6%. If revenue has not been increase nor there was/is any plan. How come government spent so much tax payer money for subsidy which at end is wastage due to corruption and poor system.

The point is due to incompetent UPA government, They are taking money and wasting it through Subsidy for the sake of Buying vote.
sir what is solution every one is crying petrol company are crying common peoples are crying

i can see the future some day petrol company refuse to work because of loss , now even govt bank dont want to give them loan

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

What do you mean "i cant see any single reason"? Did you read my post?

If yes, did you understand it?

I'm sure you did not read/understand my post. If you had, you wouldn't have typed this "response". Tell you what - read my post again, and paraphrase it for me. I mean, explain what I have written in my earlier comment, based on your understanding. Then we will continue this conversation.

pmaitra

that is the problem you and other high class never heard about common peoples look outside from your car you will see lots of lots on road mangos peoples , do you know how they are living .

in India we care for all thing not just human
Given that the topic of discussion is serious, if I were you, I would try not to use slang used in some obscure movie from 2009.

Galaxy

Country flag
sir what is solution every one is crying petrol company are crying common peoples are crying

i can see the future some day petrol company refuse to work because of loss , now even govt bank dont want to give them loan
If oil marketing companies stop paying their sales tax and excise duty, won't they be rolling in cash? The real issue is the warped duty and pricing structure! The unintended adverse side-effects of this warped duty and pricing structure are

a) Oil PSUs now shy of investing money for creating new refining capacity

b) Much needed resources for exploring fresh oil sources are deprived

c) Investors run for safety (Niko Resources pulled out of India citing this two days back!)

d) Corporate Governance takes a severe beating – all these Oil PSUs are listed companies.

Ofcourse, They have to pay the tax. But is is it their fault if currency depreciated 20% in last 1 year which translates 80,000 crores loss ? Government hiding it's failure. Most of the 15% GDP value was wasted in subsidies. Secondly, If Gujarat sales tax is around 23%, Why Andhra Pradesh number is 33% ? 40% difference.

Government has limited source of revenue. So, they extracting as much possible. FINE. But why to waste in populist subsidy scheme ? 220 Billion USD. Today, fiscal deficit is in worst phase in last many years. How come currency will not depreciate if fiscal deficit will be around 6% and moving upward and not 4% ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles