Pentagon releases results of 13,000-mph test flight over Pacific

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I heard the Falcon program would be shelved after the test? Does it continue after this set back?

I recently read that the Agni-V reached Mach-25 and that is common with all ICBM missiles, i wonder why it is so hard to find the right material or control if US has mastered this technology years back already with the Space Shuttle etc.,

I guess leveled flight and maneuvering at that speed may result in huge stress loads on the air frame compared to missiles on a trajectory.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I heard the Falcon program would be shelved after the test? Does it continue after this set back?

I recently read that the Agni-V reached Mach-25 and that is common with all ICBM missiles, i wonder why it is so hard to find the right material or control if US has mastered this technology years back already with the Space Shuttle etc.,

I guess leveled flight and maneuvering at that speed may result in huge stress loads on the air frame compared to missiles on a trajectory.
From the article:
There aren't any more flights scheduled for the Falcon program, which began in 2003 and cost taxpayers about $320 million.

Last edited by a moderator:

s002wjh

Country flag
Congratulation to the US.

But not to worry, soon this year China would have replicated it with technology 'borrowed' from the US labs!
i doubt it. US security are pretty good at safeguarding the secrets

trackwhack

GK, ballistic missiles are not air breathing vehicles. Missile propellants are a mixture of fuel and oxidizer. The Falcon program is a hypersonic vehicle that only carries fuel and uses atmospheric oxygen. Imagine an open duct when doing 15,000 mph. Try putting your head out of your car window when doing 100 mph :lol:

s002wjh

Country flag
Not sure, when you look at Wikeleeks i wonder what the Chinese can get from one soldier with a Pen drive.
pretty much all classfied stuff are internal network. and no external harddrive, media device allow in lab without labeling it. especially the high tech stuff. the only way to do it is bribe some internal employee, which is much harder to do.

trackwhack

pretty much all classfied stuff are internal network. and no external harddrive, media device allow in lab without labeling it. especially the high tech stuff. the only way to do it is bribe some internal employee, which is much harder to do.
he was in the USAF (or so he claims), he should know.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
GK, ballistic missiles are not air breathing vehicles. Missile propellants are a mixture of fuel and oxidizer. The Falcon program is a hypersonic vehicle that only carries fuel and uses atmospheric oxygen. Imagine an open duct when doing 15,000 mph. Try putting your head out of your car window when doing 100 mph :lol:
Dude.. :dude:

As if i dont know that! Didnt we have a discussion on building own Pulse Jet or Ram Jet?

Read the article, it says the Skin pealed off and that caused the Aircraft to crash. Why would USA which built the Space Shuttle face problems on CF delamination issues! My question was more on structural issues.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well some people just do it for the thrill because they are bored of their Desk job.

China seems to have gotten some info on Chip Design and Lasers etc., May be in the past i guess.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For all we know this news could be part of a disinformation campaign.

trackwhack

Dude.. :dude:

As if i dont know that! Didnt we have a discussion on building own Pulse Jet or Ram Jet?

Read the article, it says the Skin pealed off and that caused the Aircraft to crash. Why would USA which built the Space Shuttle face problems on CF delamination issues! My question was more on structural issues.
I think its due to the ducts resulting in poor aerodynamics, which was what I was trying to say in the first place but went too basic :namaste:

p2prada

DRDO will flight test a scramjet device next year. It is a prototype, but no idea if it is a miniature device or a full scale aircraft.

s002wjh

Country flag
Well some people just do it for the thrill because they are bored of their Desk job.

China seems to have gotten some info on Chip Design and Lasers etc., May be in the past i guess.
well i doubt people selling secret just for the thrill of it.

alot military stuff are dual purpose so i wont be suppressed if they got it through civilian stuff. +on top of their R&D spending

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many report that American Chinese have helped their original homeland.

Don't know how far they are true or pure propaganda.

If true, then there must be some loopholes that have been exploited to advantage.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
[video]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6816771n[/video]

s002wjh

Country flag
There are many report that American Chinese have helped their original homeland.

Don't know how far they are true or pure propaganda.

If true, then there must be some loopholes that have been exploited to advantage.
there are some. but most espionage are done from disgruntled employee, who has finiancial issues, or other issues. russia, china, israel are top of the US espionage list.

alot can be gain from dual purpose technology

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles