Parle-G becomes India's first homegrown Rs 5K crore FMCG brand

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
73-year-old biscuit pioneer, Parle-G becomes India's first homegrown Rs 5K crore FMCG brand

MUMBAI: When Parle Products launched Parle-G in 1939 during the British rule, the firm considered it a responsibility to sell affordable biscuits to Indians.

Today, the same value plank has helped the glucose biscuit brand become the first Indian FMCG brand to cross the Rs 5,000-crore mark in retail sales in a year.

In 2012, Parle Products sold Rs 5,010 crore worth of its flagship glucose biscuit brand at retail price, besting the entire domestic sales of Dabur or Godrej products and selling three times more than Maggi noodles.

This meant sales of more than 100 crore packets across sizes every month, or 14,600 crore biscuits in the entire year, that is, 121 biscuits each for the 1.2 billion Indians.
Started by Mohanlal Dayal Chauhan way back in 1929 at Vile-Parle, a Mumbai suburb, Parle Products first launched an orange candy :drool: and then other confectionaries before entering the biscuits segment 10 years later.
Net result: Parle-G increased its share from 67 per cent in 2002 to 79 per cent in 2012 while the share of Britannia's Tiger fell to 9 per cent from 26 per cent during the same period. ITC's Sunfeast brand too had over 9 per cent share in the glucose segment last year.
Britannia Tiger = :puke:
Sunfeast = :dude:
Parle-G = :yey:

More Here : (Link)

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Iamanidiot is a pauper
Says every idiot who calls himself an idiot.

--

I liked Parle's new advert.

Parle's distributor network is very strong and has reached far corners of country & that is main reason behind steady progress. Personally I don't think Parle G biscuits are better than many other options available.

Iamanidiot

Says every idiot who calls himself an idiot.

--

I liked Parle's new advert.

Parle's distributor network is very strong and has reached far corners of country & that is main reason behind steady progress. Personally I don't think Parle G biscuits are better than many other options available.
I think the same.Nowadays Iam liking the ITC chaps.Though they are learning the ropes in the FMCG segment.My late maternal grandpa got a tobacco distributorship in 1955 for ITC

arkem8

Country flag
When you are tired after a long days work, there's nothing like a Parle-G buscuit dunked in chai(double stack).

Hope those Fvckers pay me for that.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
love it, even my kid love it, just today morning bought two packets.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles