Palestinians should perish from this world: Ovadia Yosef

dr0ne

Note:

In my book Islamists have nothing to do with the religion Islam. These scumbags are individuals who support and believe in a despicable distortion of a wonderful religion.
Islamists are supporters of a political ideology and not followers of any religion

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Note:

In my book Islamists have nothing to do with the religion Islam. These scumbags are individuals who support and believe in a despicable distortion of a wonderful religion.
Islamists are supporters of a political ideology and not followers of any religion
Well these words just remain words unless and until Muslim countries themselves take military action. Since these people are threatening and insulting their religion, they should be the first to get pissed off and attack. Why no action? OIC consists of all Muslim countries and not action from a single country. This is what inhibits any confidence building measures.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The Israeli Palestinian conflict has become a GEO political and Geo strategic matter .

The Arab OIC EGO has been bruised so badly that they will accept NOTHING short of the DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL.

Palestinian rights are just an alibi for prolonging this conflict

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Well these words just remain words unless and until Muslim countries themselves take military action. Since these people are threatening and insulting their religion, they should be the first to get pissed off and attack. Why no action? OIC consists of all Muslim countries and not action from a single country. This is what inhibits any confidence building measures.
Take Military Action against whom? Can you be spicific!

dr0ne

@Tshering22

The trouble is most Muslims have become cultural slaves and bootlickers of Arabs. Also Islamists have come to dominate the political and religious discourse in most Muslim countries. This is the reason why Muslims cry bucketful of tears for Palestinians whilst no attention is given to the plight of the Black Muslims of Darfur whose situation is 100 times worse.

Last edited:

Solid Beast

@Tshering22

The trouble is most Muslims have become cultural slaves and bootlickers of Arabs. Also Islamists have come to dominate the political and religious discourse in most Muslim countries. This is the reason why Muslims cry bucketful of tears of Palestinians whilst no attention is given to the plight of the Black Muslims of Darfur whose situation is 100 times worse.
Many Muslims are doing that, and many are not even practicing Muslims. OIC talks shit about Baloch problem in Pakistan every time they gather. That's an example I'm using from a structure that I claim I am not a fan of. But there are criticisms of every injustice going on from more areas, this is not 18th century anymore we have internet. It's just that you are not amplifying what is in theory, antithetical to your one sided and borderline censoring style and argument.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Take Military Action against whom? Can you be spicific!
Take action against AQ, Taliban etc. I mean surely 50 countries can sum up a combined force to attack those who are misusing their state religion.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Take action against AQ, Taliban etc. I mean surely 50 countries can sum up a combined force to attack those who are misusing their state religion.
These countries are doing well in their own fight against Al Qaeda. For Eg: Saudi Arabia has thrashed up cells of AQ and killed, and aprehended the main folks and now keeping a tight leash. This might be for other reasons, than misusing religion though! And about a combined force, Not since the Days of Saladin, has any Muslim army achieved anything! I dont see anything in the future even!

ejazr

Ambassador
@Tshering22

The trouble is most Muslims have become cultural slaves and bootlickers of Arabs. Also Islamists have come to dominate the political and religious discourse in most Muslim countries. This is the reason why Muslims cry bucketful of tears for Palestinians whilst no attention is given to the plight of the Black Muslims of Darfur whose situation is 100 times worse.
I think you are not following the discourse of how the politcal Islamic thought process in prticular the terrorist ideology of OBL has been ideologically defeated in Arab and muslim countries. Leaving aside Pakistan, take Saudi Arabia, Bangaldesh, Egypt, Algeria, even PAlestine. You have to follow media in the arab and muslim world to get a better understanding of what is happening,

Here is an article that should be a good over view of what I am talking about
Moderate Muslim Leaders Beat Extremists - Newsweek

neo29

Its a known fact that Arabs to consider themselves as a superior muslims ( true muslims ) in comparison to rest of the muslims in the world. They despise Indian Pakistani Bangladeshi etc muslims and consider them to be backward. The same goes for colored muslims.

Arabs dont love Palestines at all, but they hate the Jews more. Hence they provoke someone they despise against someone they hate. Rest is history.

dr0ne

@ejazr

I think you are not following me. Islamic Political thought itself is a menace. Religion has no place in politics. Historically Turkey has been successful in this endeavor. But recently Islamists are slowly gaining power there. And that too democratically. Bangladesh also has recently shown positive developments. One hope that the secular trends continue to take root when Begum Zia comes to power.

The Newsweak article that you have posted is a joke. Jihadism is the militant arm of Islamists. Among the "moderates" are our own dear Deobandis :) LoL .

ejazr

Ambassador
@ejazr

I think you are not following me. Islamic Political thought itself is a menace. Religion has no place in politics. Historically Turkey has been successful in this endeavor. But recently Islamists are slowly gaining power there. And that too democratically. Bangladesh also has recently shown positive developments. One hope that the secular trends continue to take root when Begum Zia comes to power.

The Newsweak article that you have posted is a joke. Jihadism is the militant arm of Islamists. Among the "moderates" are our own dear Deobandis :) LoL .
No I follow you and agree that politico-Islamic ideology is a problem. Infact, politco-religious ideology be it Hindu politcal thought, Jewish politcal thought (aka Zionists) or Christian politcal thought( Neo-Con/Tea Party) are inimcal for peaceful coexistence. Is it something the can be banned from politics? I dont think that would be consititutional. All voices should be given space. But does it make any less nutty and problematic? ofcourse not. Here the religious scholars from each group should come forward and explain themselves that importance of not using religion for politcal purposes.

What I am trying to explain to you is that the "mullas" and the orthodox ulema be they from Deoband or the "wahabbis/salafis" of Saudi Arabia are AGAINST the politcal Islamic ideology as it has no basis in Islamic theology. It is infact anti-Islamic. Islam is not a politcal theory but a way of life, religions that is universal in nature. Just like all the other major religions in the world.

Interestingly this applies to all other religions as well. You will see that Hindu scholars oppose politicising Hinduism, orthodox Jewish scholars oppose Zionism e.t.c. While mostwestern/modern educated adherents of the religion, many who might noe even be "practicing adherents" champion the cause of politico-religious ideology.

Hence you had Jinnah and Sarvarakar both stanch secularists and hardly practicing muslims orhindu but championing in a way a politico-religious ideology. Similarly Zionists were not practicing Jews for the most and championed the cause of politico-Jewish ideology. You had Zawahiri a medical doctor who further militarised the ideology. OBL a businessman who took iteven further to legitimise killing of civilians. None of them were Islamic scholars.

Ofcourse the politico-religious ideology appeals to a section of middle class disenfranchised youth due to its appealing utopian nature and the sense of community it allegedly creates. Hence the youth, most of them not practicing adhrents clamour to the these politco-religious movements led by a strong and charismatic ideologue. But when it comes to theological justification of this ideology they draw a blank or just make it up. This is where the newsweek article isrelevant.

To explain that a much wider portion of the muslims are now aware of the rejection of the politco-Islamic ideology. Does this mean that this ideology is dead? No, but it is marginalised that even the parties that use to consider this appraoch as sacrosanct like Jamaat-Islamiyah e.t.c. have begun to revisit their core principles of establishing an Islamic state and revising it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles