Pakistan's Next Generation Stealth Fighter Program J-2X Confirmed

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
and i am sure Pakistan's indigenous 5th gen Fighter, J-2X will debut before AMCA ..... :scared2::scared2:
because like it was the case with J-10B which has specific PAF inputs (as they have worked with the F-16) they will employ all their experience of training with F-22 on making of J-2X ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

p2prada

I myself spoke to a retired Air Marshal {Ex-PAF Chief} that PAF may ditch J-10B in favor of another much potent single engine air craft from CAC with stealthy features. He said that the project is still on the drawing board & all PAF Aeronautical engineers currently stationed in Chengdu for JF-17 upgrade , test & evaluation would see their stay extended for the new air craft . Allowing PAF to be part of this project from the scratch and input whatever they have learned from their exercises and exposure to the F-22 etc as well as bring their demands and knowledge to the program. He said that the new air craft would be highly advanced and would conform all features tailored for our needs -- more or less a PAF specific model.

He denied having any plans to induct a twin engine air craft any time soon. He added that we would direct resources to more force multipliers & 4 new high end area air defense systems [Long-Medium-Short Range]
There is a chance this new aircraft could be the JF-17 Block 3. The OP article talks about a pre-4th gen aircraft(pre-4th gen would mean a Rafale type aircraft or pre-5th gen in American system of classification). So, you can say the J-10B will come along with this Block 3 JF-17 which actually fits the description of the OP article. There is a chance the Block 3 would have higher priority over the J-10B.

I don't think there is nothing we know about considering what fits the pre 4th gen category. Even the J-10B can be modified to hold that status, but I am not so sure considering it is an older design(more of a F-16 Block 50/60 capability) compared to the yet to be designed JF-17 Block 3.

The concept design looks like the JF-17 too, with a vertical fin to boot.

As for the air defence systems. I guess Chinese systems are high on the list with HQ-9 being a topic of debate for long range needs.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Wow! Pakistanis are great engineers :happy:

venkat

How many helicopters LeT is buying or getting as a gift from ISI?:shocked:

agentperry

le them get j-10 first then we will see what they want and what they get. 10 years is long time and this will be the ideal time by which they might get a stealth fighter.
till then sino pak relations might improve or sour.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
OMG! i wonder what they are going to do with their 'Super Duper stealthy invincible plane what was the name ummm...oh! right JF-Bandar!

Black Blood

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is a chance this new aircraft could be the JF-17 Block 3.
Not yet planned.
The OP article talks about a pre-4th gen aircraft(pre-4th gen would mean a Rafale type aircraft or pre-5th gen in American system of classification). So, you can say the J-10B will come along with this Block 3 JF-17 which actually fits the description of the OP article. There is a chance the Block 3 would have higher priority over the J-10B.
There is a good chance of J-10B being scrapped by PAF , -- don't take my word for it though.
I don't think there is nothing we know about considering what fits the pre 4th gen category. Even the J-10B can be modified to hold that status, but I am not so sure considering it is an older design(more of a F-16 Block 50/60 capability) compared to the yet to be designed JF-17 Block 3.
Can't say anything before more info comes out.

The concept design looks like the JF-17 too, with a vertical fin to boot.
Thats NOT the concept design in OP , its the wind tunnel model of EADS MAKO which was Scrapped. We don't have the design for J-2X yet , but its supposed to be a radically different air frame

As for the air defence systems. I guess Chinese systems are high on the list with HQ-9 being a topic of debate for long range needs.
HQ-9/FD-2000 , HQ-18 , KS-1A with TEL , MBDA-SPADA-2000 [operational] and another undisclosed SAM will join PAF air defense. We already have a few HQ-9 batteries.

PN will get HQ-9 CLS systems with Type-54A Frigates too.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
le them get j-10 first then we will see what they want and what they get. 10 years is long time and this will be the ideal time by which they might get a stealth fighter.
till then sino pak relations might improve or sour.
Let's be under no illusions. Pak military was reportedly broke earlier this year, they just got $650 million cut out of their annual welfare cheque this week. The only way they can afford J-10 is if China gifts it to them. The only way PAF will get a 5th gen fighter is if someone gives it to them. They can't make anything without China setting it up.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles