Pakistan's Impressive Rebuilding Program In Afghanistan

Indian_Baba

Apparently you either cannot read (the article outlining the Pakistani aid provided) or, more likely, are simply incapable of engaging in constructive and rational discourse.
when it comes to pakistan, words like "constructive and rational " hold no meaning :)

Agnostic Muslim

None of what other countries did, takes away from the strings of calamities Pakistan is responsible for! All the mess in this world that Pakistan has got into, you find somebody else to blame for! Every time a bomb goes of in your country, blame it on the WOT. But not on those Pakistanis wishing that their country to be the beacon of Islam and ending up as a resort or a university for jehadis all around! What your army was doing in East Pakistan, Baluchistan and Kashmir didnt real bring the Pakistani people out of their slumber. Now that their Afghanistan plan is hitting home, and hitting really hard at that, hopefully your people will realise that the devil isn't elsewhere but sitting right at home! But that hope is a really bleak one, seeing that most people from your country still think its their democratical setup that has failed them rather than blaming it solely on the games played by the Army/ISI.
Thank you for the response, but I don't believe it actually addresses the point I made in response to your original post calling for 'a percentage of Pakistan's budget to be allocated towards rebuilding Afghanistan' - to which I responded that the Soviets/Russia, US and Gulf States would top the list, before Pakistan, in terms of damage caused to Afghanistan.

Do you disagree with the fact that the Soviets/Russians were responsible for far more damage to Afghanistan because of their invasion and carpet bombing tactics? Do you disagree with the fact that the Mujahideen resistance to the Soviet invasion would not have been possible without American and Saudi/Gulf financial and military support? Pakistan did not act in Afghanistan in a vacuum - Pakistan's actions in Afghanistan played out in an environment of global Cold War dynamics, Afghanistan's own historical hostility towards Pakistan and illegal claims on Pakistani territory, and Pakistan's conflict with India.

Agnostic Muslim

I am surprised that the mods have allowed an discussion on a brain fart by Ahmed Qureshi.

All his ramblings are not worth it.
This particular article might be by Ahmed Quraishi, but the accounts of Pakistani development assistance to Afghanistan were published by others before him.

Tolaha

Thank you for the response, but I don't believe it actually addresses the point I made in response to your original post calling for 'a percentage of Pakistan's budget to be allocated towards rebuilding Afghanistan' - to which I responded that the Soviets/Russia, US and Gulf States would top the list, before Pakistan, in terms of damage caused to Afghanistan.

Do you disagree with the fact that the Soviets/Russians were responsible for far more damage to Afghanistan because of their invasion and carpet bombing tactics? Do you disagree with the fact that the Mujahideen resistance to the Soviet invasion would not have been possible without American and Saudi/Gulf financial and military support?
I chose to ignore your remark about other countries as it is off-topic. If you want to talk about contributions by other countries, you may choose to open another thread! Paste this in a relevant thread if you indeed look for answers!

Pakistan did not act in Afghanistan in a vacuum - Pakistan's actions in Afghanistan played out in an environment of global Cold War dynamics, Afghanistan's own historical hostility towards Pakistan and illegal claims on Pakistani territory, and Pakistan's conflict with India.
Afghanistan's claims were as legal as Pakistan claiming territories after the accession was signed by the legal entity. If historical hostility alone is a requisite criteria for raping a country, then I'm sure you are fine with the drone attacks on Pakistan, considering the hostility that Pakistanis show to the US.

Global cold war dynamics? Musharraf said that he had no option but to side with US after 9/11. Zia had no other option but to side with the US against Afghanistan because of the fear of the Bear. There was no other option but to deal East Pakistanis with a iron hand as it was being propped up by Indians. Pakistan never had an option to say NO! :rolleyes:

Agnostic Muslim

I chose to ignore your remark about other countries as it is off-topic. If you want to talk about contributions by other countries, you may choose to open another thread! Paste this in a relevant thread if you indeed look for answers!
I am merely pointing out that if you wish to argue that Pakistan should contribute towards the reconstruction of Afghanistan, then there are other countries that need to do so first given their far greater negative impact on Afghanistan. If those countries set a precedent based on the amount of damage they caused to Afghanistan, I will certainly support a similar initiative by Pakistan to assist in Afghanistan's reconstruction. But Pakistan should not be the first or only nation to do so.

Afghanistan's claims were as legal as Pakistan claiming territories after the accession was signed by the legal entity. If historical hostility alone is a requisite criteria for raping a country, then I'm sure you are fine with the drone attacks on Pakistan, considering the hostility that Pakistanis show to the US.
Rather than repeat the arguments I have already made, I will direct you to the following thread where this subject is being discussed in detail with links to treaties and events in the Pakistan-Afghanistan relationship:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...aliban-sindhudesh-terrorists-after-bugti.html
Zia had no other option but to side with the US against Afghanistan because of the fear of the Bear. There was no other option but to deal East Pakistanis with a iron hand as it was being propped up by Indians. Pakistan never had an option to say NO! :rolleyes:
I am not sure where you are disagreeing with my point that Pakistan's involvement in Afghanistan was due to the factors mentioned in my previous post - the perceived threat from the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was the result of Pakistan's alliance with the US, of the Soviet's strong relationship with India and India's hostility towards Pakistan and her role in breaking up Pakistan, as well as Afghanistan's historical animosity towards Pakistan and illegal claims on Pakistani territory. You may justify India's actions in East Pakistan and Afghanistan's claims on Pakistani territory however you desire, but from the Pakistani perspective those two issues (in the the dynamics of the Cold War) were, justifiably, a critical threat to national integrity and Pakistan's existence that necessitated an involvement in controlling Soviet influence in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Afgan hate Pakistanis the bottom line. each and every afgani i met in UK and europe hate pakis

pls dont give me that pashtun crap

Agnostic Muslim

Afgan hate Pakistanis the bottom line. each and every afgani i met in UK and europe hate pakis

pls dont give me that pashtun crap
That Afghan's have an irrational hatred of Pakistanis is obvious from hostile position (towards Pakistan) that Afghanistan has taken over the decades, going back to Pakistan's independence.

Only Afghan's themselves can change their attitude of irrational hatred and accept the internationally recognized and legitimate Pakistan-Afghanistan international border, as demarcated by the Durand Agreement.

Blackwater

That Afghan's have an irrational hatred of Pakistanis is obvious from hostile position (towards Pakistan) that Afghanistan has taken over the decades, going back to Pakistan's independence.

Only Afghan's themselves can change their attitude of irrational hatred and accept the internationally recognized and legitimate Pakistan-Afghanistan international border, as demarcated by the Durand Agreement.

same applies to you.accept loc as international border

Agnostic Muslim

same applies to you.accept loc as international border
There is no comparison between the Afghan-Pakistan border based on the Durand Agreement and the Kashmir dispute.

While the disputed nature of Kashmir, and therefore the disputed nature of the LoC, is recognized by the international community and the UN by virtue of the UNSC resolutions on the issue, the Afghans have not even tried to raise the issue of the Durand Agreement in an international forum, let alone succeed in that effort.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles