Pakistan's Hall of Shame

Blackwater

Blackwater

TV researcher, 24, forced to unmask Pakistani pervert caller who tormented her for 18 months herself after police ignored pleas for help

A victim of dirty phone calls condemned police today after she was forced to turn DIY detective to unmask her tormentor when officers refused to help her.
TV researcher Sophie Daysh, 24, had been bombarded with silent or filthy messages for 18 months, including voicemails in which the caller was 'groaning in a sexual way and calling her by her nickname, Casper.
But despite calling the Metropolitan force for help, officers said they were powerless to act as the caller had withheld their number.
As the calls continued Miss Daysh, from London, discovered a new online company, ambushcall.co.uk, which unmasks nuisance callers, and got them to help her instead.
The service, which launched in May last year, uses software to uncover nuisance callers. If a client receives a call from a blocked number, the signal goes straight to ambushcall's servers. There, the number is uncovered and then sent to the client via text or e-mail.
Miss Daysh alerted the company when she got another nuisance call and they emailed her back with the culprit's number.
It emerged the culprit married father-of-two Abdul Rafiq, 43, an office worker had obtained her mobile phone number when he showed her around a flat in Manchester when she was househunting in the city.

Today, as Rafiq was ordered to pay Miss Daysh £500 compensation, prosecutors at Manchester magistrates' court accused the Met of doing her a 'great disservice.'
In a statement Miss Daysh said: 'This whole affair has had a great impact on my life for all the wrong reasons. This has been very frightening — and I have been woken up, kept awake and often left tired for work.

She added: 'I was frustrated that the police were unable to help me, and I just couldn't deal with it any more. It had been happening for a long time.
'I was really annoyed when the police said there was nothing they could do. So I paid for a subscription to this site to try to sort it out for myself.
'I had been flat-hunting and the man got my number after he showed me around a flat. I had met him for about five minutes. I was shocked that someone would do this.'
'The calls would vary. Some would be totally silent, no matter how long I stayed on the phone. Other times there would be heavy breathing, which was pretty grim.

More...
Menace of bully-boy debt collectors who hound the innocent on behalf of banks, insurers and utility firms
Twitter 'trolls' to escape court under new guidelines from top prosecutor
'Something I found really scary was that he had found out my nickname was Casper, and an automated voice was used to say disturbing messages such as: "Play with me Casper".

'I also had voicemails left with the same sorts of messages. It was really frightening.'
Earlier the court heard how Miss Daysh began getting calls in May last year whilst living at properties in London and then at Didsbury, Manchester. She got 20 to 40 mainly silent calls during unsociable hours.

Read more: TV researcher, 24, forced to unmask pervert caller who tormented her for 18 months herself after police ignored pleas for help | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

illusion8

@farhaan, looks like you are upset with the sad state of affairs prevailing in Pakistan.

I find the blasphemy law of Pakistan very retrograd, specially for the way its being used to torment minorities.

Secondly sectarian targetted killings of Shias - thats sick.

Agnostic Muslim

Secondly sectarian targetted killings of Shias - thats sick.
How is it any more 'sick' than the bombings of markets, Jirga's and sports events (such as the recent one in Jamrud) that at times have massacred over a hundred people at a time?

Last edited:

illusion8

How is it any more 'sick' than the bombings of markets, Jirga's and sports events (such as the recent one in Jamrud) that at times have massacred over a hundred people at a time?
Its a chaotic situation that's prevailing in Pk, everything's gone to the dogs socially, economically, security wise. A bomb blast and few deaths is not front page news any more. Your people and media seem to be desensitivised to violence.

Blackwater

Six hundred thousand deprived of polio drops in KPK

PESHAWAR: More than half a million children were deprived of polio drops due to the suspension of the anti-polio campaign in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa owing to security concerns.

According to the Expanded Programme on Immunisation for Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa six hundred thousand children were not administered polio vaccination drops in the province. The campaign aimed at administering anti-polio drops to an estimated 5.2 million children in the province but the drive was suspended following the attacks on polio teams in Peshawar and other cities of the province.

Six hundred thousand deprived of polio drops in KPK - geo.tv

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Injury and insult: 'He raped me, now claims I am his wife'

"My late husband's brother raped me and now claims that I had married him," a woman- mother of four- told media persons on Monday.
Saima Bibi* said that she had complained to the police but they had sided with her in-laws.

Saima Bibi, a resident of Khanqah Sharif, Basti Bahaar Borana near Bahawalpur, said that she had been married to Muhammad Akhtar and had had four children with him. Her in-laws did not approve of their marriage. She said that Akhtar had died four years ago. Saima Bibi said that her brother-in-law Hafiz Zahoor Ahmed had asked her to marry him but she had refused. "My in-laws then refused to give me my share in the property, business and cattle and would often harass me," she said.
"On June 4, Zahoor came armed to my room at 2am and threatened to shoot me if I shouted," Saima Bibi said, "Then he raped me." She said that she then went to her father-in-law but he said that he did not believe her.

She said that she went with her brother Aslam to file a complaint at the Samma Satta police station. The police she said had registered a case on court orders but they struck a deal with her in-laws and did not arrest anyone.

"Now my in-laws claim that I had married Zahoor," she said, "Zahoor, has paid a nikah khawan, Maulvi Azam, Rs200,000 to say that he had registered my nikah with Zahoor."

She said that she had not married Zahoor and was a widow. Saima Bibi's family too told the media that she had not married Zahoor. They said that the investigation officer had advised Zahoor to make that claim.

Saima Bibi said that Zahoor wanted to usurp her children's right to inheritance.

She appealed to the inspector general, the chief minister and the chief justice to take notice of her ordeal and provide her justice.
*Names have been changed to protect identity
Published in The Express Tribune, August 27th, 2013.

Injury and insult: 'He raped me, now claims I am his wife' – The Express Tribune

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles