Pakistan's enemies will be enemies of Iran: Ahmadinejad

pankaj nema

Country flag
Iran and Pakistan are FRIENDS now

There is a story of friendship between A BLIND man and a LAME man

KS

Bye bye DFI
One more in the "Pakistan is China's Israel" line.

ejazr

Ambassador
The Nation is basically an ISI sponsored news site. I would never trust them with any news item. This was the same website that published the fake wikileaks back in 2011 and had egg all over its face when the Guardian exposed it.

But coming back to the topic of what Iran would do. Both Pakistan and Iran have an anti-US agenda and that is the main reason why they are drawing closer. As recent surveys have shown and the PA leadership has commented, they are more concerned with the US than with India. This doesn't mean they have some new found love for India. But that the US is a bigger priority/threat for them at present. Even if the statement was true, it would be directed in the anti-US direction, not anti-India.

India has also under the UPA terms scaled down ties with Iran and there is no doubt about it. Iran feels betrayed on the IAEA vote. We have also taken advantage of the "Iran card" to get the nuke deal and also got a favourable Rupee swap from Iran on the trade issue. But certainly no matter which way we look at it, Iranian relations have cooled down. MMS has a pending invite atleast since 2008 to Iran which he hasn't taken to and until the nuclear weapons issue is resolved the contacts will stay at the ministerial level at most.

On the other hand, Pakistan-GCC relations have become increasing filled with tension. Iran ofcourse already has issues with the GCC countries. And when you add on top of this the burgenoing India-GCC ties becoming a sort of a nascent alliance, it makes both Iran and Pakistan nervous.

IMO, if the current trends continue, we will see a new China-Pakistan-Iran axis that is not only a concern for India, but will also be a concern for the GCC and Arab states, Israel and the US. The swing staes would be what Russia and CARs do as these have close linkages with atleast China and Iran on many issues. The Saudis and other GCC states have atleast since 2010 have been giving thinly veiled warninings to Pakistan against "joining" Iran but ofcourse, when Pakistan sees the close ties of the GCC states with the US there is only so much the Pakistanis would be willing to listen to them.

In any case, the US and the GCC states together will be trying their best to wean Pakistan away from Iran throught the sticks of santions and carrots of trade deals but only time will tell how the GoP and PA/ISI respond to this. Certainly the more rabid section of the PA/ISI led by Mirza Aslam Beg and Hamid Gul fully support cutting ties with the GCC "puppet regimes" as they call it and stregthening ties with Iran.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
IMO, if the current trends continue, we will see a new China-Pakistan-Iran axis that is not only a concern for India, but will also be a concern for the GCC and Arab states, Israel and the US. The swing staes would be what Russia and CARs do as these have close linkages with atleast China and Iran on many issues. The Saudis and other GCC states have atleast since 2010 have been giving thinly veiled warninings to Pakistan against "joining" Iran but ofcourse, when Pakistan sees the close ties of the GCC states with the US there is only so much the Pakistanis would be willing to listen to them.

In any case, the US and the GCC states together will be trying their best to wean Pakistan away from Iran throught the sticks of santions and carrots of trade deals but only time will tell how the GoP and PA/ISI respond to this. Certainly the more rabid section of the PA/ISI led by Mirza Aslam Beg and Hamid Gul fully support cutting ties with the GCC "puppet regimes" as they call it and stregthening ties with Iran.
Agree to all your Points

Well the tilt had already happened when they shared nuclear technology to Iran so one must point at what already happened before referring to Pakistan Iran alliances and security calculus. Photocopy chor Khan was just a show boy of Pakistani establishment who officially did all the proliferation.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Interesting that this news has not been picked up by the Iranian state media, which is where it should have first appeared but is coming from ISI's propaganda machines Nation and PakistanToday.

Anyways, let us say this stuff is true, you bet Iranians are a clever lot.

Ahmadinejad says, "Pakistan's enemies are Iran enemies", at least the message I am getting is, Iran is suggesting to Pakistan to not go back to the US, which they are, but stand isolated just as Iran, which if Pakistan does, makes them the other irritant in the region for the west and through Pakistan being isolated, Iran stands to gain as the attention moves to Pakistan, a nuke state going rouge, then who would bother about a country which is still in the process of making nukes.

Though wont be surprised if Pakistanis would be all drooling over the statement, Iranians are a bit too clever!

Adux

Country flag
Lethalforce, thank you for those links. I am sure if you look into youtube enough, we will see this guy utter the same nonsense.

I am quite unhappy that some Indians here are acting like paki's, their first line of defense was 'this was not true', 'this is ISI sponsored' etc etc, these are usually people who either have anti-american or anti-jewish points of view, and therefore want to take a favorable line of talk with 'islamofacist'. For them it doesnt matter wether India is the net loser in the scheme of things. Their unpractical views and ideological stance makes it impossible for them to make serious decisions in a practical manner, they are no different than our WKK's and Commie's. The best interest of the nation is 'ONLY' through their ideological stances.

Ideology of a nation-state is fluid, if the idiots in the forum havent got it, learn from China.

USA is just like anyother nation state which engages with Israel as well as Pakistan/Saudi Arabia, is an ally to both. Learn from them.

We have used USA more, than they have us. ( as we should).

Adux

Country flag
Interesting that this news has not been picked up by the Iranian state media, which is where it should have first appeared but is coming from ISI's propaganda machines Nation and PakistanToday.

Anyways, let us say this stuff is true, you bet Iranians are a clever lot.

Ahmadinejad says, "Pakistan's enemies are Iran enemies", at least the message I am getting is, Iran is suggesting to Pakistan to not go back to the US, which they are, but stand isolated just as Iran, which if Pakistan does, makes them the other irritant in the region for the west and through Pakistan being isolated, Iran stands to gain as the attention moves to Pakistan, a nuke state going rouge, then who would bother about a country which is still in the process of making nukes.

Though wont be surprised if Pakistanis would be all drooling over the statement, Iranians are a bit too clever!
Nitesh,

You are most probably right, this news item is not meant for India, but that doesnt change the fact, the India does not a nuclear Iran or Pakistan.
I will Rs.100 that he actually said those words, and if you are a serious Iran watcher, you would know that it is not beyond him by any means.
Iran maybe clever, but maybe too clever for its own good, and maybe we suffer the same.

Every tom dick and harry know, Pakistan's No.1 Enemy is India. Are we trying to change that into 'USA" to suit our view point, and behave like Ostrich?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Nitesh,

You are most probably right, this news item is not meant for India, but that doesnt change the fact, the India does not a nuclear Iran or Pakistan.
I will Rs.100 that he actually said those words, and if you are a serious Iran watcher, you would know that it is not beyond him by any means.
Iran maybe clever, but maybe too clever for its own good, and maybe we suffer the same.

Every tom dick and harry know, Pakistan's No.1 Enemy is India. Are we trying to change that into 'USA" to suit our view point, and behave like Ostrich?
Adux,

I have never suggested that the US is India's enemy. Let alone number one or last. Indo-US relationship ought to be the most defining relationship in times to come and one of the most strongly built, if the vision is clear on both sides.

On Iran, I have said this before and repeat, them getting nuke weapons is in no way in our favor.

About, was it said by Ahmadinejad, I am not sure, at least I dont trust Nation as source, they are an outright mouth piece of the ISI, and more so who think like hamid gul.

Zebra

Country flag
' Iran's enemies will be enemies of Pakistan ' , may be that was the news , who knows , but ISI sponsored news site took it other way .

:troll:

Adux

Country flag
Adux,

I have never suggested that the US is India's enemy. Let alone number one or last. Indo-US relationship ought to be the most defining relationship in times to come and one of the most strongly built, if the vision is clear on both sides.

On Iran, I have said this before and repeat, them getting nuke weapons is in no way in our favor.

About, was it said by Ahmadinejad, I am not sure, at least I dont trust Nation as source, they are an outright mouth piece of the ISI, and more so who think like hamid gul.
There are many other sources out other, and most of them havent taken it from the nation, also you must have read hundreds news of Iran, with the stance they have taken on Kashmir etc and how is it even surprising, especially after their childishness in IPI. There is not even need to discuss wether this is a true statement or not, that is a given.

Indians are again being idiots, talking about some nauseating idiotism, while the serious matter remains unattended. Indians have to get over their impractical ideological behavior.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Adux,

I did a google search before and have done it again, and the two links that show up before DFI's are Nation, and PakistanToday, both propaganda sites of the ISI. https://www.google.co.in/search?sug...+enemies+will+be+enemies+of+Iran:+Ahmadinejad

Tell me one thing, do the things happen in isolation? More or less the chances are no.

Iran has invariably reacted to what India has done, and so the rant on Kashmir, but it is also them who saved are back side on the very same Kashmir when we as a country stood in isolation. By the way Israel too has made a rant on Kashmir, so do we start to demean them as well, at least I wouldn't.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles