Pakistan's air force acquires 13 F-16s from Jordan.

Neo

ok my mistake i was wrongly giving you F16 delivered to them in 2008-09

but you guys are actually getting one from 1997-98

F-16 Air Forces - Jordan :: F-16.net

so 75% of life in 1997-98 and it was given on lease from Uncle, so it was second hand when it was with Jordan AF, So you guys still end up with third hand aircraft with 75% of life in 1997-98. :hail::hail::hail:

this is even worse then what we thought earlier..............:rofl:
So what is your point exactly? :confused:

Compare PAF's F-16 chase of F-16's with IAF's odd 60 or so Mirage 2000. How much are you payig for the upgrades? $45 million per unit, right?

PAF is having compareable jets for a lot less with upgrads, so who is better off here?
Think again!

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
Quite chique to hear you talk about a junkyard when your own Airforce is stuck another 5-10 years with flying coffins which will only be replaced by the state of the art, india's technological wunderkind, global record holder of (quarter a century) delays, Gods gift to the wrld, Looooser Air Craft which only survived due to a FORCED IOC. :scared2:
mate your air force also has the chini variant of the "flying coffins" as of now.the best part is that mo0st of the older versions of the Mig-21 aircraft have been retired by the I.A.F. and at present we have only around 200(later Bis models and upgraded Bison version) in our inventory.
now i would like to point out that you deliberately wrote "india" instead of India in your post which is totally unacceptable.how would you react if i start name calling Pakistan:rolleyes:

Neo

mate your air force also has the chini variant of the "flying coffins" as of now.the best part is that mo0st of the older versions of the Mig-21 aircraft have been retired by the I.A.F. and at present we have only around 200(later Bis models and upgraded Bison version) in our inventory.
But I am not the one hre ranting about junkyards or questionig the capablities of a new medium technology and cost effective plane like JFT.

now i would like to point out that you deliberately wrote "india" instead of India in your post which is totally unacceptable.how would you react if i start name calling Pakistan:rolleyes:
Ohh....but I am only getting accustomed to this "indian hospitality" shown to me as a Pakistani in almost every thead and depite several reports and pm's to mods, it's been inored and sometimes even encouraged by very senior trolls (10.000+ posts). I am merely trying to endorse the courtasy. :namaste:

Jagdish58

Quite chique to hear you talk about a junkyard when your own Airforce is stuck another 5-10 years with flying coffins which will only be replaced by the state of the art, india's technological wunderkind, global record holder of (quarter a century) delays, Gods gift to the wrld, Looooser Air Craft which only survived due to a FORCED IOC. :scared2:
Loser Air Craft or Better Aircraft only Combat will decide , Actually LCA project design started in 1995-96 , 19-20 years development main reason for delay is the , & Junk fighter or not only combat can decide

On Flying Coffins . Mig-21 was the best aircraft in Asia during 60's & 70's , they are well above their service life but still prove their metal after BISON upgrade . Yes there have been large number of accident but all cannot be blamed on the Machine

- The Aricraft concept started from Scrach, hence HAL-ADA had no experience on 4th generation aircraft. There last effort was Marut which was in 60's , Superb aircraft of that time but went off due to no proper engine
- Airforce requirement changed like high G & angle of attack , hence weight or aircraft went up
- Kaveri engine suited only the LCA of 90's design , once the weight & drag went up then the Thrust was not enough & on mean time Kaveri failed high altitude test , If india had made up the option 2 to integrate the foreign engine from word go then LCA would have been inducted by now in IAF
- And the issues sanctions also played major role since GE engines & European components were blocked:scared2:

No wonder IAF will have 14 Squadron ( MK1 & MK2) and let us keep our fingure crossed the LCA go head to head for real and decide who is on top

Hope it is clear

Jagdish58

:dude: Yeah !!.. But Still better moderators than the -----------.. Those guys have phD for trolling
:thumb: but let NEO give his opinion , being a pakistani he will and has to bank on JF-17 , and we will back LCA

but truth is Head to Head combat can only decide which one is best

Eg: In 1971 & Vietnam War Mig-21 Vs F-104 :taunt1:

Neo

Loser Air Craft or Better Aircraft only Combat will decide , Actually LCA project design started in 1995-96 , 19-20 years development main reason for delay is the , & Junk fighter or not only combat can decide

On Flying Coffins . Mig-21 was the best aircraft in Asia during 60's & 70's , they are well above their service life but still prove their metal after BISON upgrade . Yes there have been large number of accident but all cannot be blamed on the Machine

- The Aricraft concept started from Scrach, hence HAL-ADA had no experience on 4th generation aircraft. There last effort was Marut which was in 60's , Superb aircraft of that time but went off due to no proper engine
- Airforce requirement changed like high G & angle of attack , hence weight or aircraft went up
- Kaveri engine suited only the LCA of 90's design , once the weight & drag went up then the Thrust was not enough & on mean time Kaveri failed high altitude test , If india had made up the option 2 to integrate the foreign engine from word go then LCA would have been inducted by now in IAF
- And the issues sanctions also played major role since GE engines & European components were blocked:scared2:

No wonder IAF will have 14 Squadron ( MK1 & MK2) and let us keep our fingure crossed the LCA go head to head for real and decide who is on top

Hope it is clear
Thanks for your reply, but with all respect I am not interested in any information rearding IAF or her capabilities or the LCA, I have better and more reliable sources than some chest thumping forum.

Used F-16's with enough life left in them are far better option fo the time being than to purchase new jets. It does not add or cut to the capability of the JF-17 which is never questioned by anyone on this entire globe except for Indians. F-16 is a different plane, a very reliable player in PAF and we're getting them cheap just likethe Mirage III/V's over the years. So you (indian members) can bash PAF, post rediculous arguments, rants or ventilate you daily frustration with Pakistan, the fact remains that every single jet added t PAF is worth its metal and adds up to our capabilities, like it or not.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
So what is your point exactly? :confused:

Compare PAF's F-16 chase of F-16's with IAF's odd 60 or so Mirage 2000. How much are you payig for the upgrades? $45 million per unit, right?

PAF is having compareable jets for a lot less with upgrads, so who is better off here?
Think again!
Point is you are getting really old jets, second point if Jf 17 is better then early versions F16 you guys should go for brand new Jf16.

About our M2k right now wedot have replacement untill LCA complete Mig 21 replacement.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Regarding old aircraft part in 1997-98 they were stored for one year so i 1996-97 they had only 25percent of lifein them. Now we are in 2014 so about 17-18 years with Jordan AF.

Jagdish58

Thanks for your reply, but with all respect I am not interested in any information rearding IAF or her capabilities or the LCA, I have better and more reliable sources than some chest thumping forum.

Used F-16's with enough life left in them are far better option fo the time being than to purchase new jets. It does not add or cut to the capability of the JF-17 which is never questioned by anyone on this entire globe except for Indians. F-16 is a different plane, a very reliable player in PAF and we're getting them cheap just likethe Mirage III/V's over the years. So you (indian members) can bash PAF, post rediculous arguments, rants or ventilate you daily frustration with Pakistan, the fact remains that every single jet added t PAF is worth its metal and adds up to our capabilities, like it or not.
I think you are frustrated :lol: , where in my post i have bashed JF-17?? all i meant is only combat will decide it's metal be it LCA or Jf-17 or any other aircraft. Combat here i mean is Multirole

I just put factual reason for delay in LCA program & status of MIG-21 so called flying coffins which you were bashing

Let me ask a straight question why F-16's were not used in 1999 or during Atlantique incident ?? im not undermineing PAF ability but fact remains the same:thumb:

Neo

Point is you are getting really old jets, second point if Jf 17 is better then early versions F16 you guys should go for brand new Jf16.

Old jets in good shape and condition and at a cheap rate to add up numbers and with MLU3 being modernised to block 52, a win-win situation for Pakistan. All PAF F-16's will be either block 52 or be upgraded to this standard, even the older blocks like the 13 ex-RJAF F-16's.

JF-17 is a different plane than the F-16. We believe in diversity like every other modern and large airforce. Your MKI is a world class jet, would it mean that IAF should divert all funds to fly only this plane??

About our M2k right now wedot have replacement untill LCA complete Mig 21 replacement.
We will start rerplacing our oldest F-16's once the stealth enters PAF.

Sea Eagle

I am not active in any Pakistani forum Idiot!
What has my conribution here to do with other fora?
Your contribution here is just trolling and bashing about Chinese made Pakistani painted products

Last edited:

Neo

Your contribution here is just trolling and bashing about Chinese made Pakistani painted products
Ok, I suggest you take your single digit IQ to go through my 300+ posts here and see if I've been trolling here ever since I joined. :thumb:

Sea Eagle

Ok, I suggest you take your single digit IQ to go through my 300+ posts here and see if I've been trolling here ever since I joined. :thumb:
Well my single digit IQ is still better than your -ve integer IQ :troll:

pankaj nema

Country flag
OK Guys Enough of Fun

Now for some REALITY

F-16's from US will only help Pak lose war against India 'a little slower': US officials

http://www.sify.com/news/f-16-s-fro...officials-news-international-kbyl4fgbifh.html

AN excerpt from this news

"Another squadron of F-16s means they [Pakistan] will lose the next war with India a little slower," the newspaper quoted a Pentagon official, as saying on conditions of anonymity.

"They are not going to defeat India because we gave them a squadron of F-16s. The military overmatch India enjoys is just too great ," he said.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
@Neo

Few questions pls answer

1. Cost of these 13 F-16 from Jordan ( per-ac), how much average life is present in them?
2. Cost of MLU per-ac and if permission required?
3. How much avg life in hours is left in oldest of PAF F-16's?

4. How many hours of flying ( approximate ) were used up in last operation against Taliban?

5 There was a loan of $850 mil from china for Block-1 JF/17, did you get a loan for block-2 or Pakistan is internally funding it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

OK Guys Enough of Fun

Now for some REALITY

F-16's from US will only help Pak lose war against India 'a little slower': US officials

F-16`s from US will only help Pak lose war against India `a little

AN excerpt from this news

"Another squadron of F-16s means they [Pakistan] will lose the next war with India a little slower," the newspaper quoted a Pentagon official, as saying on conditions of anonymity.

"They are not going to defeat India because we gave them a squadron of F-16s. The military overmatch India enjoys is just too great ," he said.

Ahh, Indian lobby working already through Indian Caucus in USA? You don't waste a minute! :lol:

I wonder who this Pentagon official is. :p

My dear Pentagon official, I guess you're still hurting from your painful defeat in Iraq and Afghanistan and loss of more than a trillion dollar which brought your couyntry to this pathetic state.

So kindly avoid talk of what a single squadron can do or not when Afghanistan fcuked your arse harder than the Sovjets in the eighties with les than a squadron. :thumb:

Blackwater

@Neo

Few questions pls answer

1. Cost of these 13 F-16 from Jordan ( per-ac), how much average life is present in them?

4. How many hours of flying ( approximate ) were used up in last operation against Taliban?

5 There was a loan of $850 mil from china for Block-1 JF/17, did you get a loan for block-2 or Pakistan is internally funding it?
Follow my post 2. These 16 r donated in the name of Islam free

Neo

@Neo

Few questions pls answer

Mate, for F-16's I will haveto refer you to - F-16. net - since I get most of my information from insides and can not/wil not reveal names or data which is meant for me only. PAF is not very open when it comes to numbers and stats. Whatever information i released, lands on F-16.net (btw not run by Pakistan).

During 2013 China helped us to expand the PAC production facility but afaik all JF-17's are being funded locally hence the decrease in 2014's pojected production (8-10 units only). Block 2 and 3 also being funded in and by Pakistan only.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles