Pakistani terrorist campaign against Bangladesh

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
1. Neo-Mughal
2. Urdu-centric
3. North Indian-Pak centric

... conclude above three as one 'Urdu-centric ASHRAF Muslims'. This is the main reason I hates Ordu.

Anyway our RW(BJP) is Pro-US only cares about business, in coming 10 yrs both Ind&BD will uplift 40-60% population into middle class then only some sense will prevail in our country people until unless no respite from these backward jargon's ''Upper caste/Ashraf blind followers/Paki&Saudi lovers/Urdu domination'' and so on.
1. Pakistanis subconsciously view themselves as upper-caste compared to "low caste" (though most don't consciously think in those terms but definitely view themselves as superior) Bengalis, so that's why their defeat in 1971 hurts them even more as "logically" it should never have happened as "warrior" Punjabis/Pathans could never be defeated by "lowly" Bengalis.

They are burning with a desire for revenge and despite the nonsense that you get from Pakistani nationalists in places like ********** that they have "moved on", they will never feel any satisfaction until they get "even" with India. Related to this and somewhat different is their (not ours i.e. Bangladeshis) self-created belief that Bangladeshis must love Pakistan and that if there is no "special love" for Pakistan, then this is "treachery".

It's like the Germans expecting Israeli Jews to want a special affection for Germany after the Nazi holocaust.

2. Yeah, I don't know that much about India or been there, but I can imagine the so-called "Ashraf" Muslims to be real creeps e.g. racists and practitioners of caste racism/discrimination.

3. I met an Indian/Hindu nationalist a few years ago from southern India who told me BJP/Congress are the same with the exception that BJP is pro-US, pro-big business, Congress is more pro-Russia, pro-leftist.

4. Yes, poverty alleviation is my main focus. I have no delusions that in the eyes of white people, Arabs and others an Indic Bengali Muslim or an Indic Indian Tamil/Bihari/Marathi are all "Indians" or "Pakis" or "Miskeen", so if they see us as the same and see our infighting in a comical light then why prefer them e.g. Arabs to people who they think we are essentially the same as.

That is why should I as a Bangladeshi care too much about Arabs and actively hate India or work against India when Arabs/whites others etc see Bangladeshis and Indians as the same thing.

When India sends people to the moon or makes Tata cars or other achievements it reflects well on other Indic peoples such as Bengalis/Sri Lankans because like it or not the world sees us as the same.

I have lived in both the white west and the olive Muslim middle east so know what I am talking about.

Brood Father

Country flag
The main problem in Pakistan that it is ruled by one if the most raicist tribe ..Punjabi Muslims ..somehow they feel that they are most superior race in the world just because they are well built and have a fair skin
They hate Bengali Muslims becuase they consider them as inferior and dark skinned
But thanks to people like you Bangladesh is growing economy and Bengali Muslims are sane people , apart from few sporadic incidents (which usually happens all accorss world where humans exists) it is a peaceful land
So kudos to you and to Bangladesh

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@Bengal_Tiger - How big is the problem of Bangladeshis going to SA for work? Do they come back brainwashed in Wahabi ideology? It is a very broad question, but your remarks since you are insider?

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
The main problem in Pakistan that it is ruled by one if the most raicist tribe ..Punjabi Muslims ..somehow they feel that they are most superior race in the world just because they are well built and have a fair skin
They hate Bengali Muslims becuase they consider them as inferior and dark skinned
But thanks to people like you Bangladesh is growing economy and Bengali Muslims are sane people , apart from few sporadic incidents (which usually happens all accorss world where humans exists) it is a peaceful land
So kudos to you and to Bangladesh
You're totally right but they also hate others who are not the same as them...

1. Pashtuns, whom they call "Pathans". "Pathans" are ok if they are idealized/stereotyped as rugged romantic warriors fighting for "Islam" (Pak self-interest) or Pakistaniyaat but when they actually come across real Pashtuns who are real people with actual needs e.g. need for employment, they mock them as "bewqoof" (stupid for non-Indic guests) Pathan, gay Pathan etc.

2. Balochis, similar story as above, they tend to call Balochis "stupid"

Though they hate Bengalis they still think that they have a right over us, a right to our loyalty (subservience), that we must love Pakistan (which then extends to hating India). This "loyalty" "special bond/relationship/affinity" is really subservience and means amongst other things hating India and implementing a hate-India agenda in Bangladesh. Any Bangladeshi who wants normal relations with India will be tagged as a "traitor", "dalal" (agent) etc by Pakistan's puppets, the BNP and Jamaat.

As you correctly said the best thing to do is to ignore them and just focus on economic development, but this also requires preventing them from causing India-Bangladesh friction as per their goal.

The Pakistani terrorist network in Bangladesh was heavily reduced in 2009 or was basically decimated from relatively inside contacts of mine. You won't find this much in the official media.

Jamaat in Bangladesh are being pulverized and with another 4 years of Awami League rule (probably 9 as I can't see them losing the next elections as long as the economy is doing well) then Jamaatis could well be a non-entity.

The generation of Jamaati leaders below the senior elderly leadership are already talking about making Jamaat an AKP style party rather than a "Muslim Brotherhood" party. Also I foresee the network of Jamaati controlled businesses eventually being confiscated by the state or given to others.

By the way the majority of religious Muslims and Islamic scholars in Bangladesh disown Jamaat due to their war crimes.

Also Jamaat's patrons in the Arab world are running out of money, facing their own problems (Yemen quagmire, sanctions free Iran which will be a regional superpower) and are losing interest in Jamaat itself as most of the gulf regimes dislike the Muslim Brotherhood which Jamaat is aligned to.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
@Bengal_Tiger - How big is the problem of Bangladeshis going to SA for work? Do they come back brainwashed in Wahabi ideology? It is a very broad question, but your remarks since you are insider?
Hmm....I don't think it's a major problem to be honest. However I am a practising Muslim and you have different religious views (everyone has the right to freedom of belief) but things which might not make me uncomfortable would make certain non-Muslims including westerners uncomfortable. I mean let's say there is a Mediterranean Arab country like Morocco and Tunisia which westerners flock to for holidays and then 5 years later they see much more women in Hijab, they would find this as "uncomfortable Islamization", whereas for me it's just an increase in religious observance.

Despite that I don't think that Wahabism has gained much inroad in to Bangladesh and unlikely to do so.

1. Bengalis by nature are calm, placid people. This placidity was viewed by the aggressive south-west Asian Pakistanis as "timidity".

Pakistani "Islam" is much more aggressive, much more connected to martial historical glory with a belief in a historical destiny to subdue "evil" Hindus. The level of hatred that many Pakistanis have for Hindus especially darker Indians is quite intense, less amongst somewhat middle-class educated Pakistanis but definitely quite pronounced amongst some of the more common Punjabi Muslims.

Bangladeshi Islam is somewhat timid, non-confrontational like Bangladeshis themselves. For example in the Deobandi v Barelvi disputes between Pakistani "scholars" a Bengali guy I know with undercover Jamaati/Pakistani inclination was shocked with the coarse language, the swearing they use against each other including I believe calling each other infidels, he said this would never happen amongst Bengali Deobandis and Barelvis (or our nearest equivalent).

However the problem is Bangladeshis in Islamic terms are intellectually followers not leaders and copy Pakistan, so apparently the Bangladeshi Barelvis (not actual Barelvis but nearest equivalent) are now copying Pakistanis through the influence of satellite TV and links with their scholars. This is one reason why I believe Bangladesh should promote a Bangladeshi-centric national Islam as Turkey and Indonesia do.

2. "Wahabism" despite having a bad name and despite being fundamentally flawed is seen by many in a positive light as it purports to show the true Islam free of the excessive innovations of many Sufis. This is what attracts many to it, i.e. it's being seen as a purer, more sincere, pristine Islam.

I don't think there is any major influence of Wahabism in Bangladesh in terms of political radicalization or support for Jamaat. Some Bangladeshis may work in Saudi, think that some of the practises of Hanafi Islam are misguided, wear a certain dress but it won't go beyond that.

By the way Jamaati Islami are a mish-mash of different beliefs and ideologies, though they follow certain Salafi (Wahabi) legal rulings they are very pro-Iran. Most Jamaatis do not have beards or wear gowns but are likely to wear jeans and shirts as they believe in a more "dynamic" and "modern" Islam.

3. Most Bengali Muslims are Hanafi, with the Deobandis being the strongest faction. They do not have the same violent Pakistani-originated hatred of Hindus that Jamaatis do, as they are scholastically indigenuous to the area and have lived with Hindus for centuries. Even the Indian origin Deobandis in India itself such as Maulana Azad did not believe in partition and the co-existence of Hindus and Muslims.

They are not Pakistani nationalists like Jamaat are, but are not particularly anti-Pakistani either. They have links to Pakistani Maulanas theologically.

However I think Hasina showed them a red line a few years ago when Hefazat Islam went to Dhaka to - according to some - essentially overthrow the government and impose backwards Taliban-style laws.

4. The Dhaka intellectual elite are quite secular and cherish secularism deeply and the tragedy of 71 has intensified the repugnance they have for fundamentalism. In any country the business and intellectual elite enjoy disproprotionate power.

To summarize my rant. I don't think Wahabism is a major threat to Bangladesh in terms of creating hatred of India and it is not spreading that fast anyway. The biggest threat to India-BD relations is from Jamaat and its masters in Pakistan who also sponsor the BNP.

These are my two-cents and my word cannot be taken as the definitive truth, though one thing I can categorically say is that Bengali Muslims are far less aggressive, sectarian and militaristic than Pakistanis. If an Indian went to Dhaka, I don't think he would encounter any great problem, though he may find it somewhat culturally alien as even Calcutta has a heavy non-Bengali, northern Indian presence whereas Dhaka is overwhelmingly Bengali thus racially very different to India.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Pakistan diplomat's links with terror groups revealed
Sumon Mahbub and Prokash Ranjan Biswas, bdnews24.com

Published: 2015-12-14 21:01:22.0 BdST Updated: 2015-12-15 23:23:51.0 BdST

Police have found evidence of the terror links of a Pakistani diplomat, according to documents available with bdnews24.com.

Some Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) activists recently arrested in Dhaka have blown the lid off these clandestine links during their interrogations, the documents relating to police investigation show.

At least one JMB radical has testified to these links in a judicial confession.

Farina Arshad

Pakistan High Commission's Second Secretary (political) Fareena Arshad is said to be involved with the Islamist radicals.

Earlier in January this year, Mazhar Khan, a Pakistani official working in the Dhaka mission, had been expelled after Bangladesh intelligence accused him of funding Islamist radicals and peddling fake currency.

Two of the four JMB radicals, including Idris Sheikh, arrested at Uttara and Khilgaon in Dhaka on Nov 29, were found to be carrying Pakistani passports, said Detective Branch's Joint Commissioner Monirul Islam at a press briefing at the time.

Both these radicals had been travelling frequently between Bangladesh and Pakistan, he said.

Monirul Islam said Idris was in possession of a 'spy mobile', which he was using to communicate regularly with a foreign intelligence agent outside the country.

"He was regularly sharing information with that agent and was also in touch with a female diplomat based in Dhaka." The police officer did not disclose the diplomat's identity at that time.

In his judicial confession before Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Abdullah Al Masud under Section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), Idris named Second Secretary Farina Arshad as the diplomat he was in contact with.

The Pakistan High Commission did not respond to bdnews24.com's attempts to cross-check details.

Senior intelligence sources say another junior diplomat of same origin working in a European mission in Dhaka is alleged to have been involved in anti-Bangladesh propaganda.

Idris details

DB's Monirul Islam told journalists in November that Idris had visited Pakistan via India in 1985.

He married a Pakistani school teacher, Shahnaz Begum, in 1990 and settled in that country. A son, Mohammed Adil, was born.

In 2002, Idris contested national elections from Pakistan Muslim Alliance but lost. In 2007, he returned to Bangladesh and joined the JMB.

Monirul Islam said Idris, 49, had been to Pakistan 48 times in the past two years.

Idris told the magistrate that he had hailed from Chitolmari, Bagerhat and that his father, Kausar Sheikh, was no longer alive.

About his links with Pakistani diplomat Fareena Arshad, Idris said on return to Bangladesh in 2007, he had first tried his hand in garment business, but five years later, he switched over to air ticketing and visa processing.

That is when he first met Babul and then Kamal, who introduced himself as someone working for Pakistan intelligence.

Idris said in the judicial confession that he had run up a huge debt to Babul who had frequently booked tickets for him. Babul, he said, left for Pakistan at one stage and gave him Farina's contact number.

Idris said in his confession that Babul later told him that a man arrested for peddling counterfeit Indian currency in Dhaka airport was closely linked to Farina.

On return from Pakistan, Idris married again – this time Manowara Begum from a neighbouring village. He has two daughters and a son with Manowara.

Government sources said when Idris was arrested at Uttara, he introduced himself as a relative of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.

One government source said Idris had earlier been arrested on May 1, 2011 from the house of a top radical.

At that time, he was found carrying 47 passports and a case was filed with the Airport Police.

Idris said in his judicial confession that he got a ride from Farina in her car from Baitul Mukarram to Fakirapool and received Tk 30,000 from her.

An intelligence official told bdnews24.com that Idris had saved a foreign number in his mobile phone as his own.

That number actually belongs to a Pakistani intelligence official called Captain Asim, who is performing a crucial under-cover assignment based in an airport in Pakistan.

The phone Idris carried had the capability to record conversations of other people using malware.

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2015/12/14/pakistan-diplomat-s-links-with-terror-groups-revealed

actually the ISI has started infiltrating the foreign service of Pakistan, to take a legal hold in the ministry.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
actually the ISI has started infiltrating the foreign service of Pakistan, to take a legal hold in the ministry.
From my sources.

1. The Pakistani ISI is the second richest intelligence agency in the world after the CIA.

The military in Pakistan takes a huge chunk of money and foreign aid given to it, this is in billions and a lot of this is given to the ISI.

2. However they have achieved very little. In the 60s Pakistan was ahead of south Korea now it is a backwards 3rd world state with rampant fundamentalism, terrorism, two insurgencies and a mini-war in its biggest city, Karachi.

The majority Mohajirs of Karachi think that the rangers operation ostensibly against the MQM is more of a crack down on a whole ethnic community i.e. Mohajirs.

3. The three entities that adore Pakistan are:

a: Turkey
b; Gulf Arabs
c: China

However even then from an Indian perspective that matters little as Turkey will not jeopardize its relations with India for the sake of Pakistan. Nor will the gulf Arabs, though the Saudis have a very strong emotional attachment to Pakistan and are in bed with them, sometimes literally as Nawaz Sharif's daughter is married to a senior Saudi prince, but even then the Saudis will not offend India too much.

China merely uses Pakistan to weaken India by supplying Pak with arms forcing India to do the same and wasting Indian resources on the pests to the west (Pakistan), but China does roaring trade with India and won't jeopardize that.

From a Bangladeshi perspective the Turkish and Arab fondness for Pakistan is a serious security issue. Saudi Arabia has banned new labour from Bangladesh thus costing us billions if not even over ten billions in lost revenue.

The ban on Bangladeshi workers started when the Awami League which Pakistan hates took power in 2008. Saudi was only to happy to help its Pakistani and Jamaati buddies bully Bangladesh and banned new labour from Bangladesh.

Turkish fondness for Pakistan is due to Turks being brainwashed that Pakistan is their best friend on earth and "Pakistan" (though it didn't exist in the 1920s) helped them in their hour of need during the Turkish war of independence thus Pakistan deserves eternal gratitude, but also with the AKP fundamentalists their targeting of Bangladesh has been due to their links with fellow fundamentalists, Jamaati Islami of Bangladesh. Even the Turks have carried out sanctions against Bangladesh e.g. scrapping some military deals.

China could care less about "Islamists" and does not target Bangladesh.

The Saudi, Turkish bullying of Bangladesh even though we are the victims of genocide and discrimination from 47-71 is one reason why I don't buy in to the whole "Muslim unity" thing, not on a political level anyway as the Saudis and Erdogan are traitors and backstabbers, and in the Saudi case nasty racists.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
Pakistan withdraws ‘terror-link’ tainted diplomat from Bangladesh
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com

Published: 2015-12-23 17:29:50.0 BdST Updated: 2015-12-23 20:19:49.0 BdST

Pakistan has recalled its Second Secretary (Political) at the High Commission in Dhaka after allegations of her ties to terrorism in Bangladesh surfaced.

The OC of immigration police, Md Shahidul Islam, at Shahjalal International Airport told bdnews24.com that Fareena Arshad left Dhaka in a Pakistan International Airlines flight at 1:35pm on Wednesday.

Earlier in January this year, Mazhar Khan, another Pakistani official working in the Dhaka mission,had been expelled after Bangladesh intelligence accused him of funding Islamist radicals and peddling fake currency.

Detective Branch of police recently claimed to have ‘found evidence of Fareena Arshad’s terror links’ based on information revealed during the interrogation of several arrested members of Jama’atul Majahideen Bangladesh (JMB).

One JMB member, Idris Sheikh, also mentioned the links in a confessional statement at a Dhaka court, they said.

Fareena Arshad

Sheikh, who was once involved in politics in Pakistan, in the statement said he was in touch with the female diplomat and had received Tk 30,000 from her.

bdnews24.com ran a report on the police’s findings on Dec 14. The Pakistan High Commission did not respond when bdnews24.com contacted it for comments before publishing the report.

Yet the mission issued a rejoinder two days later, claiming the report was ‘baseless’.

It said the claims made by police were ‘imaginary’.

“It has been learnt that the ‘story’ was leaked to the press by the Detective Branch of police, and a section of the press published the same, without any verification worth the name,” the mission added.

Responding to the mission’s protest, Dhaka Metropolitan Police Deputy Commissioner Muntasirul Islam on the same day told bdnews24.com: “DMP’s Detective Branch have not provided the media with any information naming any specific country or any diplomat or official stationed in Bangladesh.”

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2015...-terror-link-tainted-diplomat-from-bangladesh

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
These are my theories.

1. In the long run Pakistan will keep on doing this as the Pakistani army is obsessed with India and destroying/weakening India as well as obsessed with Bangladesh. The GOB (Government of Bangladesh) will merely keep on responding in the same way i.e. relatively low key arrests of Pakistani diplomats involved in the sponsorship of terrorism and they will be returned back.

2. The Pakistanis will hope that they can bring their puppet, Khaleda Zia, back in power in alliance with Jamaat e Islami and then resume their policy of making Bangladesh a giant ISI base trying to weaken India.

3. Hasina and her Awami League will most probably win the 2019 elections and rule until 2024 i.e. another 9 years. In that time the ongoing continuous process of destroying Jamaat e Islami will just continue till the Jamaat will be pulverized beyond recognition. Khaleda may die or age even more and leadership of the BNP would be transferred to the notoriously corrupt and fiercely pro-Pakistan, Tariq Zia.

The real questions are how weakened will Pakistan be by 2024, and how much stronger will Bangladesh be by 2024 and how heavily weakened will the Jamaat e Islami be?

I do not think the Pakistanis can continue their policy of trying to use Bangladesh as their eastern forward base for destabilizing India forever especially with increasing media attention their activities.

For example even a forum likes this puts the Pakistanis on the spotlight and thus undermines their whole terrorism campaign in Bangladesh, as though they will deny it, people will ask why Afghanistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka have all accused Pakistan of sponsoring terrorists in their country i.e. a Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist country all saying the same about Pakistan.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Pakistan will keep on doing this as the Pakistani army is obsessed with India and destroying/weakening India as well as obsessed with Bangladesh.
Seriously? India is not getting weakened.
Whatever be the efforts of pakiland, it can never harm India, nor India will let them harm Bangladesh.
India is just playing with them. We sometime cancel the talk for our interests or for isolating pakistan and sometimes start the talk for getting old peaceful and lovely image.
Totally, we are making fools of pakistanis and they are getting fooled. :D
In obsession, they are moving their bodies here and there and can't what is the level of progress of India and Bangladesh.
:heh:
Pakis have no idea what will happen to them.
:devious:

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
Seriously? India is not getting weakened.
Whatever be the efforts of pakiland, it can never harm India, nor India will let them harm Bangladesh.
India is just playing with them. We sometime cancel the talk for our interests or for isolating pakistan and sometimes start the talk for getting old peaceful and lovely image.
Totally, we are making fools of pakistanis and they are getting fooled. :D
In obsession, they are moving their bodies here and there and can't what is the level of progress of India and Bangladesh.
:heh:
Pakis have no idea what will happen to them.
:devious:
Pakistan dreams of weakening India but to be honest India is actually getting stronger.

1. The Naxalite/Maoist rebel which even former premier M Singh thought was of great concern has been curtailed greatly.

2. The Kashmir insurgency - not that I really follow affairs there though - from what little I know has decreased heavily and the border with Pakistan is heavily fortified and under control now. Everyone (adults that is) knows Pakistan will never get the Indian controlled part of Kashmir.

3. On Pakistan's western flank both Muslim nations of Afghanistan and Iran are more pro-India than they are Pakistan.

4. China doesn't really care about Pakistan too much except as a direct land connection to the Persian Gulf and oil and also to keep India bogged down in an arms race, other than that Sino-Indian trade is roaring.

5. In Bangladesh, the Pakistani puppet regime of Khaleda Zia and her Jamaati allies has been removed and instead there is a new administration that has resolved a lot of issues with India

a: Disputed maritime territory
b: Enclaves issue
c: Reduction of border killings

Our future lies in a peaceful and harmonious relationship with India which includes heavily integrated trade. I will be honest there are things which New Delhi policy makers and officials do which I am not a fan of e.g. I believe that they impede Bangladeshi exports to India but these are things that need to be resolved as the other issues have been.

Though we have made great progress and in HDI terms are better than other South Asian states, by first world standards our literacy rates and poverty rates are appalling, we are still a poor country with millions of poor people and only a fool (e.g. Khaleda Zia) would go and deliberately try and provoke a giant nuclear neighbour.

6. If India can raise concerns about its security concerns on its sensitive eastern flank with the Saudis and ask the Saudis to either act against the Jamaati-Pakistani nexus or simply be indifferent (not supportive of) to their agenda in Bangladesh then this is a major step forward and major progress in ultimately containing if not eliminating Pakistani sponsored terrorism in Bangladesh and the north east region.

bose

Country flag
Couple of days back a Pakistani diplomat was asked to leave Bangladesh on links with terrorists organizations...

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Only way to deal with security threat, is to reconvert them all. In this life or next ;)

@Bengal_Tiger yes as you sit on UK welfare, develop akp style party which means = demographic warfare + high level criminality.

Yes, we stop Bangladeshi 'exports' like gangs of rapists & kidnappers. :blah:

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
Couple of days back a Pakistani diplomat was asked to leave Bangladesh on links with terrorists organizations...
Yes this was mentioned in post 34 in the article about this.

Another Pakistani official was sent back as he was involved in trying to circulate rupees to weaken India. The Pakistani high commission in Dhaka is nothing but one giant espionage/terrorism centre.

It's obvious it's under complete Bangla-Indian surveillance.

The good news is that the Pakistani terrorist network in Bangladesh is being systematically destroyed, and I know that one key date where there was a massive undercover crack down on Pakistani assets in Bangladesh was 2009, before then apparently the situation was quite alarming.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
Indian intel gave lead on Pak female diplomat
December 25, 2015 12:26 am·0 CommentsViews: 11
Diplomatic Correspondent
The government intelligence agencies had been tracking Pakistani female diplomat Fareena Arshad for about a year after getting hints from the Indian government about her alleged involvement in aiding militants, a senior government official said.
Indian intelligence agencies had been bugging Fareena’s communications and provided Bangladesh authorities clues to her activities here, the official said.
Bangladesh’s law enforcing agencies had also collected ‘huge information’ about her involvement in ‘undiplomatic’ activities, the official claimed.
Pakistan withdrew Fareena, a second secretary (political) of its High Commission, from Dhaka on Wednesday. The mission informed the foreign ministry about her departure after she left Dhaka in a PIA flight Wednesday afternoon.
Pakistan, which was apprehending that Bangladesh might declare Fareena persona-non-grata (PNG), had no alternative but to withdraw her from Dhaka for keeping diplomatic tensions between the two capitals low, another government official said.
A senior Pakistani diplomat recently gave hints to a senior Bangladeshi diplomat at the capital of a neighbouring country that the country might ‘retaliate’ if Bangladesh declared Fareena PNG, an official said.
Fareena was the second staff of the Pakistan High Commission withdrawn from Dhaka this year complying with the desire of the Bangladesh government communicated informally by the foreign ministry.
On December 15, home affairs minister Asaduzzaman Khan said they would take steps through the foreign ministry if allegations against a Pakistani diplomat of having links to militancy were proven.
Idris Sheikh, Jama’atul Mujahideen Bangladesh operative, reportedly confessed to his link to the Pakistani diplomat before a Dhaka court two weeks ago.
On November 30, the Detective Branch of police arrested four operatives of banned militant outfit Jamaat-ul Mujahideen Bangladesh, including a Pakistan national, in Dhaka.
Arrested Idris Sheikh, Mokbul Sharif, Salam and Mostofa Jaman were linked to Pakistan-based militant outfits, detectives claimed.
They all used to maintain contact with a female diplomat of a high commission in Dhaka, Dhaka Metropolitan Police joint commissioner (Detective Branch) Monirul Islam said earlier at a briefing without disclosing the names of the mission and the diplomat.

- See more at: http://newagebd.net/187358/indian-i...emale-diplomat/#sthash.ETpgvtAA.SzrIyweu.dpuf

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
The fact that Indian intel took the lead in this and provided information on this "diplomat" (essentially a terrorist) just confirmed what I suspected. Bangladesh's intelligence is not that good and Bangladeshis often tend to be non-confrontational, timid and placid so they would not have been keen on doing anything to this diplomat including monitoring her.

The interesting question is what will the feeling be now in the Pakistani high commission which everyone now knows is nothing but a big ISI terrorist base? This is the 2nd time in a year a Pakistani "diplomat" has been kicked out of Bangladesh and these guys must know that they are under surveillance working there. A Dhaka posting won't be seen as a glorious mission by many in the Pakistani foreign/spy service.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
Espionage: Pakistan officials in India under scanner.
Posted by: Vicky Nanjappa | Thu, Dec 24, 2015, 9:43 [IST] New Delhi,

Indian Intelligence Bureau (IB) officials have increased the surveillance on Pakistan officials working in India.Reports suggesting that some of the officials are aiding elements who are involved in espionage activities has surfaced following which the surveillance on such officials has been increased. Intelligence Bureau The issue came to light following a spate of arrests that were made by the Delhi police in connection with a major espionage case.The probe reveals that some officers in India from Pakistan may be operating undercover. Moreover, it was also found that Pakistani officials posted in Dhaka, Bangladesh too are aiding espionage activities in India.Officials under scanner:It has been found that several officials have been actively aiding espionage artists. The probe has revealed the names of at least 4 to 5 such officials and if the evidence leads up to these persons strongly, then India would tell Pakistan to withdraw such persons from the country.The busting of the module, which was carrying out espionage activity, has led to several startling revelations.While India is cleaning up the mess after it was found that some personnel in the armed forces too were allegedly involved, investigations would also focus largely on the role of the officials posted in various capacities in Pakistan missions.The probe has found that several agents working for the ISI had been sourcing sensitive information such as the movement of troops and pictures of important installations.Even a probe by the NIA in Bengaluru had revealed that one of the accused persons had been privy to sensitive information.It was found that he had material on his laptop relating to a nuclear plant and the military intelligence too confirmed that anyone in possession of such material is liable to be interrogated.OneIndia News

http://www.oneindia.com/india/espionage-pakistan-officials-in-india-under-scanner-1965207.html

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
BD official harassed by plainclothesmen in Pakistan
Sheikh Shahariar Zaman

Jahangir Hossain, personal officer of Press Section of Bangladesh High Commission in Pakistan, was harassed by plainclothesmen in Islamabad Monday evening.

He came back at the wee hour of Tuesday after seven hours of disappearance.

Bangladesh High Commissioner to Pakistan Suhrab Hosain told the Dhaka Tribune that he arrived at his home after midnight safe and sound.

Jahangir has submitted a written report narrating his horrific experience of seven hours.

Also Read

In his report, Jahangir said he received a phone call after 6pm Monday and the callers asked him about Bangladesh visa.

The caller asked him where he was and after reply, he hanged up the phone.

Jahangir was not suspicious about the call and started from the high commission with his motor cycle to pick up his daughter at a coaching centre.

On his way, he was stopped by a private car and three to four plainclothesmen asked for his ID card.

They forcefully boarded him a car and handcuffed him from behind

When Jahangir asked them who they were, they said ‘security’.

He showed them his ID card and instantly one person told him that the ID card belonged to an Afghan and it needed to be verified.

They forcefully boarded him a car and handcuffed him from behind. They also covered his face with a black mask.

The car travelled for some time and at one place it was stopped.

There they asked Jahangir where he worked and who was his councellor and he replied all the queries.

After about two hours, another person came and told him that his ID card was verified and everything was okay.

They covered his face with a black mask

He was taken to a place and asked him to get down from the car and then they gave him his motor cycle, mobile phone, ID card and other belongings at about midnight.

He came back home about 1am in the morning on Tuesday.

The incident happened just after one and half hours after a Pakistan official Abrar Ahmed Khan was released in Dhaka.

Abrar was detained for his dubious activities and he was under watch for several months and his call was tracked.

Sources said Abrar spent most of his time around the residence of BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia.

He owns a motor cycle but it does not have diplomatic number plate. According to a circular issued in 1983, all diplomatic vehicles including motor cycle must have diplomatic number plates.

A government official said Pakistan High Commissioner Shuja Alam informed the foreign ministry about the detention and the ministry assured him that Abrar would be released.

After the intervention from the ministry, he was released in the evening. The Pakistan High Commission also issued a press release about 9 o’clock in the evening.

- See more at: http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglad...plainclothesmen-pakistan#sthash.MIqdU0ZL.dpuf

Pretty disgusting behaviour by the Pakistanis to mask and handcuff a diplomat like this.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
1. Bangladesh is in a difficult position.

Pakistan due to its obsession and hatred with India is using our soil to sponsor pro-Pakistan/anti-Indian terrorists.

We react by taking action against their "diplomats" involved in this which then causes them to retaliate against our diplomats based in Pakistan.

2. The problem is the Pakistanis have sunk down to a new low with their disgusting treatment of our diplomat like this.

3. How long does this continue for? How long does Pakistan keep on operating inside Bangladeshi soil to destabilize India and then harassing our diplomats in Pakistan when we carry out action against Pakistani diplomats involved in terrorism?

Where is this all heading towards?

It's pretty obvious that the India-friendly Awami League will win the next elections in 4 years time, thus they'll enjoy power for nearly another decade. Bangladesh will get economically stronger whilst Pakistan is riven by terrorism and ethnic division.

However what new lows will the Pakistani military/regime degenerate to in its harassment of Bangladeshi diplomats and what sort of image will it give to other diplomats based in Islamabad e.g. EU, western, Arab, Asian diplomats there?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Bengal_Tiger
Bangladesh is in a difficult position.
Completely misleading. Bangladesh has already better HDI than paki land and it is growing faster. Bangladesh's per capita GDP growth rate is higher than Pakistan and will soon overtake it.
Just like India did in 90s. :D.
pakis can only watch tamashas and can only die like mad kuttas in the hands to their own terrorists.
Meanwhile Chinese Economy is slowing down, India has also started expanding its economy, military and other capabilities fastly. pakis can only watch and burnt in hatred.
:india::bd:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles