Pakistani origin Mother drowns baby in Norway as boyfriend watches on Skype

Blackwater

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:London: A Norwegian of Pakistani origin woman, separated from her Pakistani husband, drowned her one-year-old baby in a bucket while her boyfriend watched it live on Skype, a media report said.

Yasmin Chaudhry, 26, killed her baby girl by plunging into a bucket of water during a 3 am Skype video call with her British partner, Daily Mail reported on Friday.

She said she wanted to discipline her baby for "disobeying her". She told paramedics the baby had fallen into the bucket by accident. The girl was pronounced dead next day.

But after being arrested on suspicion of murder, Chaudhry claimed that her boyfriend - who is not the child's father - told her to do it, the Mail said quoting The Sun newspaper.

Both she and the Briton, who she met over the internet, deny wanting to kill the baby.

"They have the same story, but with some differences," police prosecutor Kristin Rusdel said.

"She says he instructed her to do it, whereas he says that they more or less figured it out together after talking about how to discipline her.

"He says the intention was never to kill the child. They were both very scared and decided to cover it up."

Officers from Oslo flew to Britain just before Christmas to question the boyfriend - who has not been named.

Chaudhry's five-year-old son was taken into care following the horrific episode in October 2010.

On Thursday, Chaudhry was remanded until February 4.

A preliminary murder charge had been filed against the British man and said police were discussing extradition.

The baby's father now lives in Pakistan after splitting with the mother.

NDTV.COM

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Pakistan failed as a state and Pakistanis failed as a human being:mad2::mad2:

JayATL

I think using such tragic stories to score points is a bridge to far. a baby died and there are sick people in every country. This is not reflection on Pakistan's laws , lifestyles or customs. If someone is killed because of religion or say like blasphemy laws mandated by that country - I can see being used to show their backwardness. but this is a tragic story.

Blackwater

I think using such tragic stories to score points is a bridge to far. a baby died and there are sick people in every country. This is not reflection on Pakistan's laws , lifestyles or customs. If someone is killed because of religion or say like blasphemy laws mandated by that country - I can see being used to show their backwardness. but this is a tragic story.
Yes its tragic and sad. Pakistan is tragedy on mother earth......:frusty::frusty::frusty:

RedDragon

Agreed. I'm sure India also have dark story like this. You can't use a single case to label the whole nation.

fami

plz give a international media report not india and ndtv report i live in norway and have not heard anything about this in newspaper.

Blackwater

plz give a international media report not india and ndtv report i live in norway and have not heard anything about this in newspaper.
NDTV is prestigious new agency in India.you pakistanis must accept the downfall of pakistan as nation and as society

Blackwater

Agreed. I'm sure India also have dark story like this. You can't use a single case to label the whole nation.
Single case .......Pakistan and its people are full of cases like this. Dont get emotional. It's a news and i posted it...

noob101

Pakistan failed as a state and Pakistanis failed as a human being:mad2::mad2:
Dude it could of happened to any nationality, google "Dutch woman kill her Children" and I am sure that some news story from the past would be there... does that make Dutch people failed human beings?

Blackwater

Dude it could of happened to any nationality, google "Dutch woman kill her Children" and I am sure that some news story from the past would be there... does that make Dutch people failed human beings?
Dude how many or often u hear dutch women doing that.but u hear lot from people of na-pakistan. dudeeeeeeeeee

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
This is a sad story but not necessary to link it with nationhood.

H.A.

I don't know why, but you always end up connecting Pak to every bad thing in the world, i have observed this on two other threads....you are a senior member sir. I don't know you however i am sure this would not be the case from the beginning, do you have any personal problem with Pakistan? Every country has sad problems and happy occasions, buy to concentrate on only the bad part of Pak is not right. I ask the question again, why sir?

pmaitra

^^

I agree.

I think it's time we stopped this slugfest.

We got the news, bashed Pakistan, now let's concentrate on other threads.

P.S.: Actually, it's just a suggestion; let each member post wherever he wants to.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles