Pakistani mother smothered her baby to death with a copy of Koran

Blackwater

Pakistani mother, 28, smothered her five-month-old baby to death with a copy of the Koran:shocked::shocked:

A 28-year-old mother who smothered her baby to death with a copy of the Koran told police she was trying to save him from being possessed by the devil, a court has heard.
The five-month-old boy, who weighed just nine kilograms, was found with 39 wounds on his body at his home in Halmstad, Sweden, in July this year.
Most of his injuries were caused by being crushed and battered by the Muslim holy book, prosecutors said.

The woman intentionally killed her child. She smothered it to death and the Koran was the murder weapon,' prosecutor Anders Johansson told the court.
The 28-year-old mother, who admits the charges, claimed she had suffered weeks of hallucinations and visions where devil's horns were growing from her son's head.

Read more: Mother, 28, 'smothered her baby to death with copy of the Koran as she tried to save him from being possessed by the devil' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

mayfair

C'mon Blackwater, that is an unfair comparison. This is no honour killing, the lady was clearly suffering from a medical condition, she was hallucinating, probably some mental disorder, probably schizophrenic as well.

I find this to be an extremely sad development. I wonder why the rest of her family fail to noticed her disturbed state of mind.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It maybe insensitive for me to say this, but I take it that if she had mental disorder, then maybe she thought by using the Holy Book, it was a sure way for the child to Heaven and Paradise.

In Pakistan, because they are so steeped in religiosity that they lose the sense of the real world.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles