Pakistani Man in US killed wife for making Vegetarian dinner

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Magic word is time management sir. Don't forget that a polio infected leg doesn't help us much either so we have to learn to become more efficient.
But Polio affected leg would affect your brains too since brain of Pakis are in the knees. :lol:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Arabs and Persian and Turks....
I saw some Pakis saying they are close to Moroccans than Indians so add North Africa as well. :rofl:

No wonder Pakis are in serious identity crisis since centuries of forced conversions/rapes mutated your genes to no point of return.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
She said that in his home country, beating your wife is customary.
"He comes from a culture where he thinks this is appropriate conduct, where he can hit his wife," Clark said in her opening statements at the Brooklyn Supreme Court bench trial. "He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife."
Most cultures around the world particularly in the developing countries condone violence upon women. I certainly hope you're not trying to single out Pakistanis and/or Muslims... because that would leave your culture open to ridicule as well.

Reactions: Neo

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Magic word is time management sir. Don't forget that a polio infected leg doesn't help us much either so we have to learn to become more efficient.
On the bright side a woman paralyzed by polio is unable to run and evade violence... so certainly some time saved there.

Voldemort

Country flag
Most cultures around the world particularly in the developing countries condone violence upon women. I certainly hope you're not trying to single out Pakistanis and/or Muslims... because that would leave your culture open to ridicule as well.
How can you say so? It might be your personal opinion/experience. My culture certainly dosnt condone it. I was trying to single out Pakis, not Muslims. In fact, the quote implies so.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
How can you say so?It might be your personal opinion/experience.
Because violence and other misogynistic acts against women are ubiquitous throughout the world. This has more to do with empirical evidence rather than opinions or anecdotes.

My culture certainly dosnt condone it.
Unless you're a prosimian primate, a Syrian golden hamster or a pygmy chimpanzee, that is highly unlikely.

I was trying to single out Pakis, not Muslims.
Ah... so you're a true intellectual. Very good, carry on.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@Energon
While I admit that mud slinging at others is not a good thing but Voldemort is speaking the truth. Indian culture does not tolerate wife beating. Traditionally Hindu culture respects women. Of course there are exceptions everywhere you go but it is not the norm here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voldemort

Country flag
Because violence and other misogynistic acts against women are ubiquitous throughout the world. This has more to do with empirical evidence rather than opinions or anecdotes.

Unless you're a prosimian primate, a Syrian golden hamster or a pygmy chimpanzee, that is highly unlikely.

Ah... so you're a true intellectual. Very good, carry on.
It happens but is an illegal act in India. The courts are open for victims. You must have experienced it but it is not condoned by anyone.

Voldemort

Country flag
@Energon And one more thing. Even if it is legal in a certain community, India's justice system is not run by religious courts.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
@Energon
Voldemort is speaking the truth. Indian culture does not tolerate wife beating. Traditionally Hindu culture respects women. Of course there are exceptions everywhere you go but it is not the norm here.
No he isn't. Wife beating/ burning/ other innovative means of killing, raping, maiming are all too common globally, including India (mildly putting it). You will be hard pressed to find any culture that traditionally respects women, Hinduism most certainly isn't one of them. The only traditions you will find in all cultures around the world in regards to women are:
1. The tradition of saying "we respect women" and then doing the exact opposite and
2. The tradition of not realizing that tradition #1 is insulting to women.

In conclusion I suggest all of us on this forum take the time to thank our lucky stars that we were born men.

Reactions: Neo

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
@Energon
While I admit that mud slinging at others is not a good thing but Voldemort is speaking the truth. Indian culture does not tolerate wife beating. Traditionally Hindu culture respects women. Of course there are exceptions everywhere you go but it is not the norm here.
"Dhol, gawar, shudra, pashu, nari sakal tadan ke adhikari" - Ramcharitmanas by Tulsidas

Translation : Drums, idiots, shudras, animals and women should be beaten :rofl:

PS: Don't tell me that these words are supposed to be taken metaphorically and not literally

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
@Energon And one more thing. Even if it is legal in a certain community, India's justice system is not run by religious courts.
Luckily the nation's legislative branch is inundated with members who are expert rapists.

Voldemort

Country flag
Luckily the nation's legislative branch is inundated with members who are expert rapists.
Unluckily for rapists and wife beaters, the courts in India are non partial and dont take religion into consideration while hearing the cases. So it dosnt matter what is written in holy books. IT IS ILLEGAL. Thats what matters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles