Pakistani girl gets a successful liver transplant in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwater

NEW DELHI: A 16-year-old Pakistani girl, Madiha Tariq Sheikh, underwent a successful liver transplant surgery in an Indian hospital.

Madiha, who hails from Lahore, was flown to India on February 3 after she slipped into coma due to acute liver failure and underwent a liver transplant surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital here.

"This is my own country (India)...It has been four months now and I am missing my school. Inshallah, I will return home next week," Madiha told mediamen.

Her brother Rizwan had donated a part of his liver to save her.

Incidentally, she is the 350th Pakistani to have undergone liver transplant at the hospital. In all, Apollo Transplant Programme has performed 1,252 liver transplants in children and adults from 27 countries in the past 15 years.

Madiha was discharged on March 6 but was staying in India for further check-ups.

"We are very happy my sister has recovered and it has been great coming here (to India). We have already shared stories of tremendous support we got here to our people back home," said Rizwan.

But what seems like a fairy tale now was initially a very tough road, Group Medical Director of Apollo Hospitals Anupam Sibal said.

"We sent our air ambulance with a group of doctors to lift Madiha from Lahore, you know how tough it is to get the visas and other formalities completed between the two countries. Again in India you have to take government authorization before carrying out a transplant.

"But thankfully, authorities on both sides were very supportive and we got everything done in time. People in the External Affairs Ministry were very helpful," said Sibal.

Madiha had developed Hepatitis in January. After her condition deteriorated, she was flown to India on February 2 and operated upon on the next day.

"It took a team of 18 doctors, two operation theatres, five units of platelets, 10 units of plasma and 18 hours to perform the two surgeries simultaneously," Prof Subash Gupta, Chief Liver Transplant Surgeon of Apollo Hospitals, said.

Pakistani girl gets a successful liver transplant in India | Health - geo.tv

Blackwater

@ farhaan

will that girl pray for india or pakistan during 2015-16 war.????:lol::lol::lol:

JBH22

@ farhaan

will that girl pray for india or pakistan during 2015-16 war.????:lol::lol::lol:
Pakistan ofcourse you forgot they are the same people who take 55crores from you and then fight :)

Never Trust or pity the neighbour

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why the hell would Indians allow ----- swine to defile the nation? :mad:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
she should not be allowed to pakistan unless she's checked out for any possible indian disease such as AIDS at a neutral place let say dubai.

i mean we cant just risk millions of pakistanis lives for the sake of 1 girl.

beside this pakistan already does has liver transplant capability.but i heard that the cost is very expensive compared to india

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
she should not be allowed to pakistan unless she's checked out for any possible indian disease such as AIDS at a neutral place let say dubai.

beside this pakistan already does has liver transplant capability.but i heard that the cost is very expensive compared to india
:der: expected from you.

EXPERT

Just disgusting
coming to india ,taking from india , but always cursing india ......
This is what all pakistani do everytime....

Not to worry ,we are indians always help others but never expect the same from their . See the case of sri lanka ,
who help them in their biggest troubles?????? (in tsunami we were the first ) but see now they are with pakistan and china.

Let it be guys ,we are always good and will be...

EXPERT

she should not be allowed to pakistan unless she's checked out for any possible indian disease such as aids at a neutral place let say dubai.

I mean we cant just risk millions of pakistanis lives for the sake of 1 girl.

Beside this pakistan already does has liver transplant capability.but i heard that the cost is very expensive compared to india
MAKES MY BLOOD BOILING, farhan you re just an idiot

tramp

So do you mean, one million Pakistanis will be raping this girl to contract AIDS from her?
There are hundreds of Pakistanis who benefit from medical treatment in India and people like you are bent on spoiling it for them.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So do you mean, one million Pakistanis will be raping this girl to contract AIDS from her?
There are hundreds of Pakistanis who benefit from medical treatment in India and people like you are bent on spoiling it for them.
He is trolling and you are getting sucked into it.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
:der: expected from you.
Just disgusting
coming to india ,taking from india , but always cursing india ......
This is what all pakistani do everytime....

Not to worry ,we are indians always help others but never expect the same from their . See the case of sri lanka ,
who help them in their biggest troubles?????? (in tsunami we were the first ) but see now they are with pakistan and china.

Let it be guys ,we are always good and will be...
He is trolling and you are getting sucked into it.
Not just simple trolling, most Pakis are like this fellow in thought and deed. Even the parents of this girl will be screaming about Jihad and such bullshit the moment they get a chance.

No Paki must be allowed into India, no matter how humanitarian the reasons may be. That should be a strict policy.

JBH22

Yes please die but don't come to India for treatment.

Spread the word among Pakistanis coming to India for treatment is AIDS prone, better get a heroine treatment in Pakistan :)

prahladh

Respected Member

Last edited by a moderator:

natarajan

get the crap out of here

bose

Country flag

If that is true than Pakistan must be a very sick place for human beings !!!

Will those millions of Pakistanis going to sleep with this girl ??

Pakisthan has no CAPABILITY because you have send all your money on Arms & Amunation to match India ... but still lagging by far distance...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Aid was the only one mentioned.

Hundreds?i really dont think so

on a certain visa term i dont really know the name.12k indian visited pakistan in 2011 compared to less than 600 from pakistani side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles